Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

She tried the Shinner trick of keeping talking but Pat was well able to handle that.

Good to hear a professional in action….filleted the lass with nonchalant ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭mykrodot

she was woeful. No answers whatsoever to any of Pat's questions. Bluff and bluster.....she was well called out by Pat!

• The problem is the Youth in this country, 18-32ish have been completely taken in by the SF magic money tree scam, this is the same demographic who strangely seemed to buy into the "zero covid" campaign despite the fact that it would mean the end of travel for at least the rest of this decade 🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 16,626 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Pat Kenny Show seem to be the only current affairs show with the balls to call out the sham that is our asylum process.

Minister Roseric O Gormans doesn't have the "heart" to tackle the issue says McDowell. I assume he means balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

^ I was getting a bit worried that Pat was going off the boil on this and I even commented recently on another thread (BOC) that Pat may have been nobbled - But no, he's going all in :-)

Yer one at the end seemed to be saying, imo, - 'Feck it, while your system is so sh!t, I'm going to milk it'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,888 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Thank god Pat said he was a bit boggled by the 5 million coke bottles, 4 million cows, 4,000 burning magna cartas, 600 tonnes of straws, 3 million saucers spinning on 5 million record players and 6 million episodes of Coronation Street playing back to back including ads.

What an awful spokesperson.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭RINO87

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Energy saving houses.

I think Pat said her name was Aoife Foley from Queens, Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Alistair Campbell is an odious character - and the guy he worked for is even more odious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Coffee by drone.

Doesn't anyone actually make coffee for themselves now, or even get off their arse to walk to a cafe?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,793 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

did they mention a price ?

one texter had it correct, the same people using this service are the same ones whining about climate change.

That young wan thought it was 'kewl' she didn't have to get off her backside to walk 1 lousy km.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Have the lazy feckers never heard of a kettle

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The youth of this country have been continuously screwed over by FF and FG-led governments that they're now in precarious positions regarding rent and being able to buy a home.

The reason why they turning to SF is because FG, FF, Labour and the Greens have done nothing to convince them otherwise.

It's a lazy argument that they're being suckered in. The current government parties have done f*ck all to convince them to stand by them.

Why any young person would vote for FF and FG is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Not just young people, over 50’s too - 1 billion in housing budget not spent and 11,000 homeless - WTF

People with property keep politicians in power who keep those same people with property happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Mr.CoolGuy

Dublin weighting for teachers or urban weighting for teachers? Is Pat/NT just being typical self-obsessed dubs by thinking urban = Dublin or is the allowance actually only supposed to be for Dublin? My wife works in a school in a city, where the suburb is very wealthy and would have far higher house prices than a lot of Dublin but I'm still none the wiser whether she'd be entitled to this increase in salary or not.

This radio station is incredibly frustrating in how Dublin-centric it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Good loser

Housing rent and purchase prices are a problem; I don't believe anything I've heard from SF will 'solve' either. They never attach costs/prices to their proposals and they oppose plenty taxes - water charges, LPT, carbon tax, VAT increases, rent increases on Council houses. That Independent TD from Limerick instanced 5 towns/villages in Limerick where housing schemes cannot be started because services are unavailable. Water and sewage. If Irish Water were getting €800 m to €1000m a year from Water Charges there would at least be a possibility of some of these schemes being provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,436 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You’d hope Irish Water would put it to good use but there’s a strong chance they’d just use it to improve their billing service.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Yeah but the thing is it's a problem that has been created by successive FF and FG governments.

When a young person is desperate to own their own home, they'll turn to a party that hasn't had a chance. For the record, I don't think SF will solve the problem either. However does that mean that they shouldn't be given a chance to?

That's why so many young people are turning to SF. They completely downtrodden with their hopes and ambitions here. Nothing to do with magic money trees or whatever.

Well maybe that's just older, propertied and moneyed generations lobbying their local tds and pulling up the ladder on everyone else. Objecting to new developments, sitting on property, leaving it empty because its too much hassle to rent, too much to renovate etc. Dog in the manger stuff.

• Great to hear F Sheehan giving us a reality check on SF. A deeply sinister party involved in tax evasion, murder, gangland, diesel smuggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Paul Harrington never disappoints 🎶👍

who is the woman nearly crying over having single sex schools ? she described herself as an 'educator'

She can't tell the difference between boys' and girls' behaviour. God help her head, full of wokery no doubt.

It's gas that people like that want all sorts of freedom to do whatever you like, but only those freedoms that align with their views.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,888 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Developers wouldn't dream of living in their own sh1tty developments.

teacher admits that they are very well paid, but they need more money to stop them going to Dubai and Australia, also as they would like to buy a house in Dublin ....

pay the doctors and nurses , I would not give a penny more to the rotten teachers

• Advertisement

Remove the Irish language requirement and poach foreign teachers, two can play that game.

Advertisement