Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW28 - Matchday Thread

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Xhaka 3-0 (Trossard asst)

Shite.

Shlupp goal

Arsenal cleanie gone

Goddamn Zinchenko taken off straight after the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Saka (Tierney)

Is Odegaard involved at all today?

• Advertisement

Saka (Tierney assist)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Saka now has half of my total points....just as well he's captain😊

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Martinelli off.

Boooo, he was my differential in my league

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Saka you beauty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I have Saka but captained Kane. In one league no one around me has Saka. In the other league, lots have captained him! Overall it’s a good result though. Haven’t lost too much ground to the Captainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mindhorn

Somehow managed to come out with a green arrow in the end thanks to Saka (c). 65, with 36 coming from him alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Sickener about the Crystal Palace goal. Cost me at least 8 points - Ramsdale and White.

At least captain Saka delivered taking my total to 87 for the week.

Still a bit annoyed with myself for chosing Dier over Ings. Swapped them out at the last second and it cost me 11 points. 😬

Still though, I would consider that a successful use of the FH chip 🤗☺️

Edit: halfed the gap to the leaders in my ML. About 36 points behind now 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Only 8 points away from top 10k now after that. BB in 29 will hopefully get me there but then no chips left so will be hard to hang on. Still, it's a nice position to be in going into international break.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

All out with 51.

I won't complain, there's some in my league with 20 and less.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

50 points, captain on Chilwell hurts now with Saka hauling. Grey arrow, I'll take it and run!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Toney as captain didn't pay off, but had another tiny green arrow with 52. Still not making any real progress though. Think my lads are already on the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

All out 46 on WC, which has to be considered a fail.

Red arrow down to 219k. If I had captained Saka instead of Odegaard, I would be 135k. Big difference there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭mobydopy

47 all out, red arrow down to 57k. Was expecting a heavier red arrow tbh.

We move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

57 all out.

I started GW1 at 1.3 mil OR ... spiralled down to 3.6 mil ... hovered endlessly around 2 mil OR and now 28 weeks later I have finally hit my highest rank of the season at a thoroughly useless 1.2 mil.

What an absolute slog :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Cartman78

51(-4)....another meh weekend in meh season.

Mired around 600-640K for the last few weeks

Not captaining Saka was a boo-boo in hindsight... Kane didn't blank I guess but he's about as explosive a dead man's fart lately.

End up on 67 on FH, non FH team would have scored c31 points so from that pov gotta see it as a success, but not captaining Saka, when my main rival did and gets 57 from 8, means feel it's an opportunity missed to really close the gap. Gap down to 27, but given he still has WC, TC, BB and FH, I need to be getting the luck with the captaincy calls.

Similarly to COH, GW1 rank of 1.95m, fell to as low as 4.2m by GW6, clawed a bit back to 2.2m by GW15, only to see myself fall back to 3.2m by GW19. Played WC in GW20, and have had 8 green arrows out in last 9, Rank currently at 1.3m.

Will enjoy the break and try to figure out what to do going into next GW

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Newbie20

59 points to take me up a few k to 23k. My best season yet. Regretting that I don’t still have bench boost for next week but do still have free hit and wildcard so hoping to get through 29 without too much damage being done.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭The Guru 123

Think this week basically boiled down to:

Saka captain - Good week

Saka just owned - Decent week

Saka not owned - Disaster week

My 51 has red arrows bringing me down to 1.5 million.

My primary goal this year was to beat one gloating rival who I've only beat twice before, vs his 8 wins. I'm currently 44 points ahead of him. We've been yoyoing our league all season.

(Edit: Ewww.. I just checked and he still has all his chips. This is not filling me with confidence at all. Gonna be extremely tight/next to impossible.

Premierfantasytools.com is a great site. I'm only raging I just discovered it last week)

My secondary goal was to get into the top million, I'll keep plugging away. I have BB to use after the break, so hopefully that will work out well. Such a shame Arsenal and City don't have a DGW though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Red arrow for me as overall rank drops slightly to 4,832. I went Ings this weekend instead of Saka as captain, d'oh.

I'm still having a fantastic season though so can't complain to much.

Bench boost now next game week. 24.73% of the current top 10k have already used bench boost. We'll likely see the majority of the remaining managers play it in game week 29.

The two main sites I use are

&

West Ham didn’t have a game???? So how you captain Ings

• Registered Users Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Quick answer,not great. No City,Pool,Utd, Arsenal at present,Chelsea/Newcastle both conceding didn't help,Toney,Kane,Watkins up front at the moment, aiming for 30 players next game week and then reassess/pack it in for season

• Advertisement
Advertisement