Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mullingar Half Marathon 17 March

• 19-02-2023 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Previous races look to have started at 10am / 10.30am, but website has this years as 9am.

Can anyone confirm? Race email bounced back.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I registered for it yesterday and my race entry says 10am. However I had messaged them on facebook last week asking about the start time and got no reply. Their website hasn't updated since last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

Glad it’s not just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Yeah e-ticket has Friday,Mar 17, 2023 at 10:00am

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

Fantastic event - very hard going in the wind & rain, so I really appreciated all the local support.

Hope fellow runners enjoyed it too.

Happy Paddy's Day 💚

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Brilliant event as always, perfect running conditions ☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Yes a great event, really enjoyed it. The wind was a bit tough in the first 7 or so miles. I also forgot my cap so the rain caused havoc with my glasses. The soup and sambos at the end definitely hit the right spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I have been trying to cope with a knee injury since my runs over the Christmas period so I wasn't sure if I wanted to pace at 6:25/km as intended or go faster. Thankfully there were pacers there and I decided to try the 2hr for as long as I could. The three pacing lads were great but I was flagging and lost then them with about 7k left. I carried on as strong as I could and was quite consistent but really struggled at the end and was glad to see the finish line. I didn't see the clock so want sure of finishing time, one of the pacers was there a bit before the finish line shouting encouragement at us as we were running past, not got a clue what he was saying lol. Watch said under 2 hours when I crossed the line so I was a bit confused with that. Didn't know for sure until I got home a few hours later, 1:58:55. My first 2 half marathons last year were only a couple of minuet's faster so am happy with that.

It rained for most of the run and I was soaked through so got my medal and goody bag grabbed a couple of sandwiches and went back to car to change.

Very happy with the result and glad I went for the 2 hours. However I definitely won't be doing that for the half marathon I forgot I entered into in Roscommon next week 🤣🤣😭.

The end of the event was a bit strange I thought, no medals and had to go back into the dark HQ to get the stuff. I also read a lot of complaints on social media regarding shortage of medals. The organizers tried to be less wasteful this year but they were caught out by a surge of entries over the last two weeks. They responded quickly and sent out an email explaining what had happened and that people were to let them know if they did not receive a medal or T-Shirt and one would be sent out. think they probably shot themselves in the foot during the last week as they advertised it heavily, so they should have ordered more stuff to cover the advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

A good course that I would like to run again. Great local support along the way, even along the canal.

I didn't really notice the wind but then again I'm small so I can tuck in behind people. ☺️ Was glad to wear my visor and keep the rain out of my face.

End was a bit disorganised - nobody seemed to know where to go and nobody around to direct finishers where to go either. The HQ was very dark, crowded and noisy and I had no idea where to go in there. Thankfully I met a club member who pointed out to me where to go so I quickly got my goody bag and a cuppa soup (which was lovely) and out the gap.

I can understand about them getting caught short with medals and tshirts - they would have been hit very hard in 2020 when the pandemic stuck just before the race and I think they used the 2020 tshirts and medals for last year's event (I stand corrected on that btw).

Advertisement