Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Development - Aderrig by Quintain in Adamstown, Lucan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 zinxxx

Did anyone bought house in Aderrig development. I went to just have a look around the location found that there were few house already build and sold out. I saw people living there.

As per the website and sales person this is first phase of Aderrig to be released in Feb end 2023. So I am confused whether there was small set houses released in 2022.

If someone have bought house in Aderrig then I would like to know prices for 3-bed and size of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

The vast majority of estates in Adamstown were sold of plans. Most of Aderrig was built first. They were bought by REITS and are rented out at crazy money....€2.6k for a 3 bedroom and €2.8k for a 4 bedroom house (they all are furnished with the same sofas, lights, tables etc....I believe they finally start to sell houses in this development but aren't really advertised (unlike the Tandy's Lane development around the corner).

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭questions007

Is there no interest in this launch? I cannot find an active thread for adderig!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ma88

Just got an email now rgds Aderrig where saying 3 beds from 450k & 4 beds from 540k...launching now in March, & they'll be in touch with more details!

Now let's see how do we get on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 xyzq

Good evening All. I got an appointment for the Aderrig home launch on March 4th, but when I got there on Saturday, I was shocked. It seems they gave appointments to 4 people every five minutes, and there were hundreds of people. I talked with some people there and noticed that Sherry FitzGerald wasn't emailing everyone at the same time for an appointment. I am just curious, could you please share the screenshot of the appointment email if you received it? (please include time info too)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 twoo

The same happened to me. I was shocked when I got there and saw hundreds of people.

i got the email at 12.58pm and click to confirm the appointment straight away, however, my appointment was for 12pm. So unfair they sending the email in different times and yet giving hundreds of appointments.

hopefully for phase 2 they manage it in a more fair way.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ARJn

Don't know why Tandy's Lane did not sell easily and Aderrig is selling like there is no tomorrow , location wise Tandy's lane was better for sure

I am guessing its the <500k houses that have the queues , above HTB limit houses are still available

In Aderrig, the houses were more affordable. Almost all homes were eligible for the Help to Buy and First Home Scheme. On Tandy's Lane, house prices were high, and many houses were not HTB and FHS eligible. They should have been able to anticipate this demand and organize the event more professionally.

What time did you receive the email to get an appointment?

I heard the phase 2 will be launch around the summer.

Tandy’s Lane seems to be in a more crowded area compared to Aderrig. Especially now that The Crossing is about to be launch with shops/supermarkets just in the corner.

I got the email at 12.50 pm. Phase 2 is going to be launch around July.

• Advertisement

Said May.

How can we secure a house in these circumstances? No one seems to be booking without appointment off floor plans?

any updates?

Is there a whatsapp group?

There is - for people who reserved a house… the link is in the facebook group for aderrig residents.

Which one? I can see many, and I did reserve one. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DiscoReaper

Just as a heads-up to anyone buying from Quintain, we have had several post purchase issues, and their "aftercare" has been horrendous!

We Bought in Somerton

Every issue we have raised has been dismissed, the have tried to tell us we are out of warranty and we haven't even been in the house 12 months yet.

If you enjoy a nice garden, make sure you insist on good soil in the garden as our gardens had sub-soil instead of topsoil, the tried to make excuses in their homeowner handbook, but reality is the soil was of poor quality, the refuse to replace it and we're left with yellow patchy grass because of cost skimping by them

in summary ... be wary of Quintain, they are genuinely the worst developers I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with, selling a sub-standard product for premium prices and then shirking off warranty issues at every chance, one neighbour even had an electrical fire caused by loose connection in a house 15month old ..... and you've guessed it ... " out of warranty, and due to wear n tear " these people need jail!

Ensure you get yourself a good snagger too, we can recommend the guy we used and he lives in the Lucan area

who is your snagger? what is the home owner handbook and when is it given to you?

The owners hand book is a document Quintain issue to you like a manual, it’s a sloppy half arse effort that is totally below expectations

it details things like paint colour names , where to source the tiles for spares etc ( this info was actually incorrect in our book)

they give it to you via .pdf email on completion of sale

it also lists a list of excuses for problems you will experience, and tells you this is normal, like soil issues in the garden ( we had to replace our soil eventually at HUGE cost, it was that bad)

if your buying a home from Quintain, INSIST on a walk through from the finishing Forman with a full and comprehensive explanation on the following things:

• all valves to be labelled with a index list of these valves supplied, with an explanation/walk through, of what each valve does
    • explanation of the extract system, a “demonstration “ of how to change the filter & where to get them! Also insist on a new filter being fitted during hand over/ demonstration…because the get clogged up during construction/cleaning of house , when there’s lots of dust in the air, if they’re clogged they need to be replaced

Advertisement