Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I think I had it on for maybe an hour or so last year. From what I recall, it wasn't all diddly eye music, they were playing songs from Irish artists - U2, Aslan etc. I might have been lucky with the presenter who was on when I tuned in, but it was definitely listenable!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

That's right. I gave it a bit of a listen last year and it did have a bit of a mixture.

Here is a thread I put up last year about it:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118794157#Comment_118794157

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

didn't listen in last year but might throw it on as background noise this year if only to support the DJs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Paddy FM Starting Saturday... didn't realise it was for a week. Might dip in for a listen so.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

The Sound of Ireland (to give it its proper name!) ran for a week last year as well. This year the FM frequency in Dublin will be 94.3 FM. It will of course be also available online for all of Ireland.

https://thesoundofireland.com/

• Advertisement

as per twitter

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Trying to listen to classical but it keeps buffering and pausing, so went to change over and saw the playlist under the Christmas FM 'Ireland'

to go from Merry Christmas everyone by shaky to The rare auld times by Luke Kelly is some leap!!! 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Got this email this morning. Sponsored by Department of Foreign Affairs!

I see the skipping error has been fixed on Christmas FM classical which is good, I had to turn it off the last few times I tried to listen as it was really irritating. All fixed now though so must have a listen when I get a chance again next time I'm WFH.

Random timeline check in, Christmas FM should launch 34 weeks from today (Nov. 28th)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I don't know how these dates even come into your head, but I love that they do!!

Random timeline check in no.2, 32 weeks today until Christmas FM kicks off!!

My maths was off on that last one, it should have been 30 weeks.

Its 28 weeks today we'll hear CHristmas FM back on our radio's! So nearly half way there!

26 weeks today Christmas FM will return to our FM airwaves.... so we're halfway to launch day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I miss waiting to find out what the charity partner is going to be.

Thats a good call, it was always a nice stepping stone to the build up when that was announced.

Have a feeling their 3 years strategy is going to backfire somewhat, the figures for last year didn't meet the quota they'd have needed for their 3 year target, so 2 big years needed now to get to their goal.

Also, for me, it is now a bit 'samey' with the late late toy show appeal- both of them essentially raising money for the same pool of charities would have to dilute the pot a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

It's worth remembering that last Christmas people were getting energy bills that were through the roof. If it comes down this year you might see a bit more donated.

If they come down this year... 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There wasn't a font big enough. 😂

WFH today & being back from our summer holiday & the weather being so miserable have stuck on Christmas FM classical on in the background....

Might catch up with a podcast this afternoon too am behind ona few of them at this stage.

18 weeks today is Christmas FM launch day 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

Had it playing this morning for the weather that's in it where I am - normally I do this once off earlier in the year but this is the first one this year - can't wait for it properly now.

I'm in a new place this year so slowly starting to get bits in for it and thinking what will go where 😂

14 weeks today is launch day!

Eeeeeeep!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 3 Owls in a Coat

Speaking of which - me in my car on Sunday 🎄

• Advertisement

Advertisement