Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident Evil Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Better late than never I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I was looking through my Xbox achievements, and I popped my very first Resident Evil achievement on the 31st of January 2019. That game was Resident Evil 2 Remake.

I then went on to play Resident Evil 7 and Resident Evil 3 Remake in 2020 and Resident Evil Village in 2021.

I'm looking forward to playing RE4 Remake at the end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I've already seen more than I want to of RE4, but for those of you who simply can't get enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm guessing that's when the demo will release. I'm going in to preorder it today, getting a good deal from Gamestop. Hopefully it's Resi 2 like in quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I'm downloading RE7 again now it's free with ps+ I never finished it the first time due to being a big scaredy cat when playing it in psvr.

• Advertisement

I love horror, always have but RE7 in VR is the scariest horror I've encountered in any medium. I was raging i couldn't play it properly and never got past the first house, got awful motion sickness and because I'd play it late at night, I'd be in an awful way going to bed. Sweat be dripping off me but I'm not sure how much of that was the motion sickness and how much was to how terrifying the experience was. Loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Can’t wait for this. So drained of cookie cutter open world games, need a nice resi adventure that’s replayable. Have avoided all the promo for it too, I just hope it retains the sense of humour of the original as I have heard the tone is a bit darker which is worrying.

I noticed I had RE6 on steam, I know it's not meant to be great but I'm on a roll now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You know in films when people tell you not to open the cursed tomb but they open it anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

I enjoyed it but mostly because I played co-op with a friend for the campaigns.

It's definitely not a good Resident Evil game but it's fairly decent as a relatively well-made shooter.

The Mercenaries mode is really good.

• Advertisement

Looks like a demo for Resi 4 will be dropping with the Capcom showcase tonight as prior have seen a leaked twitch ad for it. Also, devs said they are working on a day one patch to fix the rain.

Resident Evil 4 Remake will be out in 15 days time. Day 1 purchase for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Chainsaw demo is out tonight, ps5 console has a tile for it under 'what's hot' but clicking it brings you to the re 4 buy page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Just downloading now on series x, it's 10.96gb so hoping to play it in around 5/6 mins.

Demo is live on PlayStation now. You have to go to resi 4 product page and change the edition to choose demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Played enough to know it's gonna be excellent (got to the village and fought the horde), skipped all cutscenes.

Oddly the start feels like 7 but then it's full on RE4, placement of everything feels similar as does story beats. I do really like the stealth kills

Doesn't feel as much of a step away as re4vr did but that was a tall ask

Can't ask for much more from a remake tbh, roll on end of March.

Agreed, it plays so well. The graphics are typically brilliant, that RE engine is sublime. The atmosphere is so tense and the combat is weighty and meaty. Shaping up to be an absolute quality remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Is Leon still doing summersaults out windows and round house kicking multiple farm hands with pitchforks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭eggy81

How’s she running on deck

I'm going to skip the demo and holdout for the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Demo has some of the foulest-looking video game food around. 10/10, absolutely would not eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

I just hope they haven’t made it too serious and Leon is still a comically awful try hard good guy with terrible quips.

"where is everyone going? Bingo?" While standing beside burning corpse. Yupp keeps the wackiness. Demo was great, i can already see mercenaries being a lot of fun like it was in the original.

Finished it there, I had played the same initial village portion ages and ages ago on Wii and never really got any further in it.

It looks so nice, I have it on PS4 in the wrapper and even though I'm tempted to just play that version I think I'm better off with the remake. Plus it's getting PSVR2 support too.

I'm profoundly disapointed, i was hoping they would take what made REmake 2 done great and run with it, but nope, drop the survival horror again and back to dumb arcade shooter 😥

Oh well, day 365 bargain bin purchase for me then... maybe.. 😝

Nothing dumb about Resi 4. When played properly it has mechanics out the wazoo. It's still imo the best third person shooter that still has yet to be topped. Anyway it wouldn't make sense to remake one of the most celebrated action games of all time as a slowed down horror game.

• Advertisement

Well up until this game it was a survival horror series, not an action game, they could have kept the melee grounded, like using the butt of your pistol or the stock of the shotgun/rifle to get away/damage the enemey, not f_cking suplexes and round house kicks with the newton force of a horse 😆

Heck even throwing or toppling things near you to slow/hurt the enemy would be a nice progression into adding to the games mechanics, not suddenly becoming a roided up Chuck Norris 😔

It would have been a good time to improve upon how the series went, as its 5 and 6 next and they were complete poop, and if they're just going to double down on those **** shows, well thats that then 😐️

Advertisement