Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Solar PV Performance Thread - Post your monthly output

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭con747

With deemed export you will get paid based on the inverter size even if you don't export a single unit.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Thanks con747.

I have a 6kW Hybrid Inverter.

Any idea how that might work out for me on the deemed export front then?

Cheers

g

The following formula determines the Deemed Export Quantity: Deemed Export Quantity= MEC x Capacity Factor x Export Factor x Provision Interval

• MEC – This will come from the NC6 form which the customer is required to submit to ESBN.
    • Capacity Factor – This is based on a calculation from the CRU and is set at 9.7%
    • Export Factor – This is based on a calculation from the CRU and is set at 35%
    • Provisional interval – This is a calculation used for solar installations that takes account of how Microgeneration works in practice during the day and from season to season.

In your case it would be 6.0kWp x 0.097 x 0.35 x 8760hrs = 1471 kWh x your suppliers FIT rate for a full year.

Post edited by con747 on

Just ran the calculations there based on your formula above and adding SSE’s Clean Export Guarantee rate of 0.24c. Gives me an estimated €428 over 12 months. Wow ! I hadn’t expected it to be that good.

It’ll be interesting to see what way it works out when they start making those payments.

g

I don't want to derail the thread but the formula was on one of the suppliers web pages so I presume it's correct.

• Advertisement

I’ve just looked at my January bill from SSE and they have given me a CEG credit of €9.29 for this month. This is the first one I’ve received since I changed to them last August.

So, I seem to be up and running now and in the system for getting the deemed export.

g

…or so I thought !!

CEG Credit is missing from this month’s bill for some reason. Never had any communication either way from my supplier SSE on any of this which is poor form.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

That worked.

The 0.16/day is the standard 'connected to the grid' base charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭rameire

February Generation 145.0kwh

Best Day Feb 23rd - 11.1kwh

Worst Day Feb 2nd 2.1kwh

Post edited by rameire on

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭jkforde

264kwh for Feb., well below PVGIS predicted output of 334kwh but still happy out, system is humming along (touch wood!)

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭micks_address

175kwh here. 7kwp, split 4 south east, 3 north west, north county Dublin. That's versus 116kwh in Jan and 95kwh in December

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

299kwh 8kwp 6kw inverter S facing (half shaded until mid-Feb)

Best - 23rd - 23kwh

Worst - 2nd Feb - 3.4kwh

Day units - 11

Night units - 349

70kwh more than last year but also 1kwp extra this year.

Hoping for another 700kwh+ cracker in March 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

First full month, 8.8kwp, south 30deg, Wicklow.

449kwh

Best day 20th 36.8kwh

Worst 11th 5.4kwh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭DC999

176kWh for Feb. 4.9kWp. Half is East. Tiny South. Hibernating NW at this time of year. Dublin 12

Lower than Oct but higher than Nov. Only live since August.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭DC999

Not a bit jealous. Not a single, tiny, tiny bit. That was what I got in Aug (was a blue-sky freak month so I'll never get higher than that) :)

Joking of course and welcome btw.

Figures for the month of February from a 4Kw system on an even East : West split based in South Dublin. No battery. 6kW inverter:

• Total generated: 134 kWh
    • Highest day:  21st 8.47kWh
    • Lowest day: 7th 2.25kWh 

That’s trending up now from 78kWh in January and 57kWh in December.

SSE have clarified something. Even though I have not activated our smart meter I am apparently getting the Clean Export Guarantee of 0.24c per kWh I export. The meter says I’ve exported 250 since I had it installed so that should help with things a bit.

g

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭johndoe11

First full month of generation in the midlands. 8.4kwp 6kw inverter. 4.4kwp west facing (250deg) & 4kwp east (70deg)

Total: 227kwh

Best - 22nd - 17kwh

Worst - 4th- 5kwh

236kwh was predicted for Feb, so happy with the number considering it seemed we had only one really sunny day. Only 6 days over 10 kw for the whole month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭silver_sky

4.46kWp SW system on a 41 degree tilt

187.9kWh for Feb 2023

Export 54.1kWh - I have a longstanding issue with my Solis that appears to be mostly resolved only a few days ago. I expect March figures will be quite different in terms of self consumption.

Best - 13.8kWh on Feb 26th

Worst - 2kWh on Feb 11th

Just for comparison, my lowest month was December at 130kWh, and January was 170kWh. November was similar to Jan at 176kWh so that's quite a small dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

I just looked up the predicted output for my system. 446 kwh, actual this year 449kwh 😮

Amazingly close. I am astonished at how much generation there can be at this time of year.

https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvg_tools/en/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

257kwh for February. 7.2K south facing in Dublin.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

First full month for me as well.

141 kwh generated for the month.

Best day was the 5th February @ 9.5 kwh.

Worst the 2nd at 2.0 kwh.

4Kw system South West facing.

Hope I see a few 10kwh plus days this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

First month with solar.

523kWh from a 10.4kWp system, 6kW hybrid inverter in south Dublin. Facing a few degrees off south. Two roofs, one at 30ish degrees and the other at 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tiamat666

First full month here as well.

152 kWh generated from a 4 kwp SW facing system in Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭curioustony

4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 10.9kWh, Roscommon

Looks like the last of my winter shading has gone ('till Nov). Roll on the big jump in March!

Not as good as last Feb. The high pressures seem to bring in more cloud than they used to:

Feeding in more as I got a new battery in Dec and a good night rate 😁, so load shifting without worrying about cloud cover forecast or being obsessed with self consumption (because of FIT). A good day (not perfect) of load shifting looks like this.

That translates into significant cash savings for me. Here's my estimated bill for Jan/Feb comparing my previous supplier plan with my new one:

Still worth shopping around regularly! Know your numbers

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

6.1 kWp system South of Cork City facing south

322 kWh generated for February, which is what was expected.

Consumed 1,660 kWh for the month, used 59% of it. Got deemed FIT payment of €67 for the months of Jan and Feb

Looking forward to March if it turns out anything like last year (which was epic) it should be double of February. did 774 kWh last March....

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭THE ALM

South Roscommon, 8.16Kwp, facing 210° at 35°, 9.6kWh battery

Total generation 315.2kWh (prediction at 339kWh) About a 20% drop on last February

Consumed 531.20kWh

Energy from Grid 247kWh

Energy to Grid 23kWh - 93% self use

To the Eddi 41.2kWh

To the Zappi 157.2Wh (does include night charging figure)

To the Battery 232.40kWh

From the Battery 219.5kWh

Best day 22nd with 27.7kWh

Worst day 11th with 2.9kWh

Energy exported would have generated €4.14 at Energia FIT rate if on a smart meter, we are D/N.

Felt like another dull month with only 4 days in the 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Some great figures being post for Feb, great to see. Some good sized systems going in as well and it looks like South Dublin, Wicklow etc. saw the best of the sun.

I need to get a plan in place for expansion...😀

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

February was my first full month too - 5.6kWp system produced 179kWh with a roof mounted SW orientation (215-220 degrees) in north Co. Sligo. not as stellar as some of the figures quoted above but its been so cloudy here I'm not surprised!

Still very happy with it especially as our solar generation outpaced our overall consumption for the month at 153kWh (103kWh imported from the grid). Our Feed in/grid export electricity total for the month was 134kWh. We only had our Eddi connected to new hot water tank since last weekend so expecting that we will see the total solar generation going into self use increasing substantially going forward.

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭rgfuller

16th Month

Dublin - Lucan - February 23 - 7.12kW installed (S: 3.45kW, E: 2.41kW, W: 1.38kW). E&W Optimised. 5KWh Battery, (30 S & 22.5 E/W degree pitch).

Total Generation: 252kWh (121kWh consumed directly, 100kWh into battery, 31KWh to grid)

Best Day: February 13th - 16.3kWh

Worst Days: February 2nd - 2.9kWh

Total Consumption: 398kWh (54% Solar: 46% Grid Import (182kWh))

Milestones & Info:

Last Year (Feb 2022) Generation 229kWh, Consumption 411kWh

39kWh to Eddi in February

Monthly Expected FIT €7.44 + Money Saved on Energy from PV :: €79.81 :: Total Savings €87.25 for Feb. (FIT @ 0.24c/KWh)

Annual Savings on PV usage 2023 : (Jan 49.41, Feb 87.25) = 136.66

Annual Savings on PV usage 2022 = €809.39

Expect FIT 2023 :: (31 Feb)

Expected FIT 2022 since Feb 15th'22 €595.68* :: (24 Feb, 254 Mar, 272 Apr, 413 May, 382 Jun, 435 Jul, 440 Aug, 151 Sept, 97 Oct, 21 Nov, 1 Dec, 12KWh Jan: Total 2482KWh) - FIT paid as of start of Feb'23 €581.49

Advertisement