Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sofar ME3000SP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I had tried that too, similar result, end up with a blank but backlit screen and the alarm light comes on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,032 ✭✭✭championc

So have you checked your battery voltage arriving to the inverter ? Has a fuse between the BMS and the inverter tripped or blown ? Is DC voltage even leaving the BMS ?

Sofar ME3000 Battery Storage Inverter for sale in Ballinteer, Sth. Dublin - see Adverts.ie - https://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/solar-sofar-me3000-battery-storage-inverter/32914042 or PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭randombar

Yup, any idea which pins? Might be a temp solution until I can replace the port.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I only installed a ME3000 over the Christmas holiday but now am noticing an issue that I think has been happening for at least a few weeks. I can constantly hear the unit clicking when in the same room.

It keeps going from "Charge" to "Standby" to "Check Charge" to "Charge"

The battery is currently at about 80% and there is plenty of excess solar power to charge the battery but it keeps cycling between the above.

It is set to Time of Use Mode but also does it in Auto Mode. The BMS I use does not communicate with the Sofar.

This morning it showed a ID77 error unrecoverRelayFail Relay has happen permanent fault. This is the first time I have seen this and a restart cleared it.

Has anyone had any similar issues or know if there is a setting I may have wrong to cause this.

So without a linked BMS, I assume your batteries are setup for the Default type, meaning the inverter "thinks" they are Lead-Acid's while I assume they are LiFePO4's? If that's the case, the charge curve for Lead-Acid's is quite different to LiFePO4's.

Sofar ME3000 Battery Storage Inverter for sale in Ballinteer, Sth. Dublin - see Adverts.ie - https://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/solar-sofar-me3000-battery-storage-inverter/32914042 or PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Yes, it is set to default for the battery and they are LFP. But would it cause the issue even when the battery is at a lower SOC?

I'm not to concerned if it's not an equipment issue. But I have exported nearly 6kWh today which is annoying.

I need to change the BMS anyway as currently the Sofar doesn't use enough of the batteries capacity.

looks like the pins for those are at the bottom and not the back.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Ah yes your right, they are at the bottom didn't realise that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I sent an email to Sofar technical at the end of Feb with a few readings, some screen shots from the inverter and a few other details. They replied a few days later to say they would ship out a new unit, ended up getting an EP as the faulty ES is out of stock. Took 2 weeks from initial email to receiving replacement from the Netherlands

Meant to put this up also, Got the socket replaced (didn't trust my own soldering skills). Working away perfectly again. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Jpsbbtt

Hi All,

Great thread. I've an me3000sp sourced for fitting to help consume more of my generated power. Unfortunately can't go down the diy battery route for a variety of reasons... mainly batter will be visible, no space, etc.

Anyway, was looking at 2 x pylontech us3000. Where are people sourcing these. Can't get stock in Ireland, and where I can, they are us2000 and mad money. Have 1 or 2 in the UK, but Brexit has closed that door... and they wouldn't ship to Northern Ireland either...

There's a few Spanish companies, but given the cost, want to go with someone reputable...

Any recommendations??

Thanks in advance.

I assume you are aware that an ME3000 can go anywhere. It doesn't have to be anywhere near the Solar PV inverter

Yep... but I've no additional cables, including data, from the CU to anywhere more suitable... my string inverter is in a storage room upstairs and the CU is in the utility downstairs....

If I even dream of trying to route cables, I'll be shot!! Spent ages looking at it and will end up wrecking the place to get a 4 or 6mm cable and data to anywhere more suitable....

Have a small area for max two batteries out of the way, with the inverter beside it, all less than a meter from the CU... but still in view hence the pylontechs. Also, consumption is low at night, as we self consume a lot, so dont need huge storage. But just kills exporting, FIT or not....

Is a shed not an option for you ? It's just that Pylontechs really are, imo, sh1te

That's out as well... accross a yard, with no data...

Did a bit of rooting and I've 3 x 2.5 t&e from the attic to the CU free, but I'm conscious that they're on the small side, and it's the best part of 10meter run from CU to attic... given cable route...

I've a spark to look at it before commissioning and do the connection to the CU, but I suspect that they're not up to the job, given the specs of the inverter... I know it would be a different story if it was a short run...

PS - agree on off-the-shelf being largely dung... but the wife will have a melt if she sees me at any more of this!!.

2.5 is more than ample for the me3000, it's only 13 amps.

That's what I was thinking, but the manual has it down as minimum of 3.3 (12AWG)...

As you said, it's only 13amps....

I'll run it by my sparky first anyway!!

Cheers folks... much appreciated!!

We're all rooting for you 🤞

• Advertisement

Just have to work out getting a data cable down through the house... I hate trunking with a passion!!

Thanks again everyone!! Hopefully it will be plug and play!! Loads of advice on this thread to get me started anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PCDub

https://eu.nkon.nl/pylontech-us-3000-c-48-v.html

That's one I was looking at... seemed legit... Thanks for coming back to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭John mac

Hi All, Finally got my me3000sp running , since friday

i am having issues though ,

it charges the battery up fine , and discharges as needed during the day ,

was powering the house hen the sun went down . i noticed though at 12:00 the unit went into standby

even though there was plenty of juice left , reporting 90% at 23:00 but at midnight reporting 23%

in the morning was still in standby even though the sun was shining .

its set to Auto mode ,

when i check the battery type its showing pylon

however if i try and change it to lithium the settings dont save .

i have a REC BMS set , so i thought this should be running the sofar ,

battery is a 16p2 x 200 ..

any suggestions as to what could be stopping discharge ,

Do you have any graphs or history of the SOC from the me3000, may shed some light in this.

A bit of background with my experience with the me3000.

It doesn't like having multiple protocols active on the canbus. And also if it detects say pylontech can messages it will switch to the pylon setting (I had this issue with the zeva, and and to pull all the pylontech messages out)

It will then display the battery name of whatever is sent from the bms.

Is there any protocol selection in the rec bms, is there a SMA/Victron setting?

To really get to the bottom of these problems you need to be watching it or have some way of looking back at what happened.

Hi Folks,

Another issue at the moment, looking for some help.

So a two days ago I received an overvoltage error on the Sofar which stopped the battery discharging. I switched over to back up mode and disconnected the grid.

Yesterday morning I switched back on the grid, all seemed fine however this morning the CB is tripped and I see the earth fault indicator is showing yellow.

Sooo thinking I'll replace the CB but wondering if my network is dodgy? None of the other CBs have the earth fault indicator light gone.

Thanks,

Gary

Was it a grid over voltage error? Do you have any logging of the grid voltage.

Depending on what standard it is set to (there is multiple now from different years, ) It could be as low as 253V Later Irish standards is a little bit higher.

Don't think I've any logging of that but I'll have a look. Might have something in sofar maybe.

The CB unit won't switch back on (well this morning) so not sure if the CB is now faulty or is the grid still faulty.

Wondering though if all CBs should be tripped i.e. car, pv inverter and battery inverter and not just the battery inverter if it was a grid issue?

The grid won't trip a rcbo or a mcb. Only something downstream of it will.

Have you moved off the backup mode? Is everything back the way it was?

• Advertisement

So this is wrecking my head.

rcb is ok again this evening, enabled it and stayed on ok

Tonight inverter is not discharging battery because of ID01 error.

Could switch to back up power and I’m sure it would behave fine.

Advertisement