Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zgemma H7s Guide

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭joeirish

Hello

This might have been answered elsewhere but I can't find it. I want to repeat a recording for two weeks. However the repeat option only lets me give the start date and not an end date for the recordings. Any pointers?

I've got OpenVix 6.2.011 installed

Thanks.

Post edited by joeirish on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

AUTOTIMER = SERIES LINK

When you set autotimer, press green for ok and a lot of settings appears, arrow up and page 2 shows you, Record a maximum of times, put in no of weeks = job done..

To learn more go menu , timers, autotimers, ok, menu again and you get a walkthorugh, ok to start then blue button to page through.

Post edited by swoofer on

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭joeirish

swoofer thanks for that. All seems working now. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭redlough

THe remote has stopped working, no idea what happened to it

Any virtual option while I order a new one?

Anyone find a cheap replacement onkline?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭chrisire

Haven't used a phone app for a while but there is lots in the play store,just search for enigma2 remote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

You can use the WEBIF as a stop gap to change channels, read EPG, set timers and switch the box on-off. Assuming you have the box connected to your network, enter the box network address (192.168.xxx.xxx) into anything with a web browser on your home network. To change channel, click on the required channel name.

Post edited by Gerry Wicklow on

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

This thread is super helpful - I’m about to organise to get a zgemma h7s installed with saorview aerial and free to air dish - just wanted to confirm that there isn’t anything better on the market around this price point before I hit order. We don’t watch a huge amount to telly but the ability to series record makes this box appealing. Thanks for any advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

When I was running OpenATV on my H7s and watching a recorded program, the front panel on the box would show the time remaining in the recording. Now that I've switched to OpenVix, I can't find the equivalent setting and the front panel just shows the time.

What am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Press the OK button on your remote to see the remaining time left

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Is there any place here selling the ZGemma H7 with the rear hard drive slot? I see World of Satellite have it for £144 but I am sure I would be hit with an import charge if I order from them.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/zgemma-h7s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Go back a few pages might be a few links to Irish sellers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I wouldn’t get too hung up on getting the one with the rear slot. The other version just requires 4 screws to be removed and it’s not like you would be doing it regularly. If you find either at a good price in Ireland go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It’s not the original but the h7s is listed so it should work.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redoctober

Hi guys. Thanks for your help earlier in this thread. My box is pretty much sorted now. I had a plugin called movie organiser which sorted recordings into folders automatically. Since updating box I need to install again. Can't get it to install from usb. Goes so far but not to the end. Any ideas? How do I ftp to the box? Thanks in advance.

Might need to check Plugins Red and check if its there already but not listed?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭lgs 4

How can I update the BBC radio stations. When there is no bouquet for the radio stations.

If you press the radio button and box is set up correctly you will see radio bouquet. Press TV button to get back out. I'm waiting to update when all is ready.

Bit of a strange one, CBeebies and a few channels disappeared. Have tried to re-scan, scan went and they are gone. Any reason for this and how could I fix?

CITV etc is working, seems odd

Setting up an old Solo2 from scratch no backups or restore settings.

I have reflashed to latest Open Vix image and scanning automatically 28.2 and i had seen Cbeebies Hd listed.

How many channels did you get on your scan and on what Image

Maybe your Xmltv needs updating to find them , not setup ABM yet

892 channels found for 28.2

CBeebies HD is working.

Post edited by greasepalm on

• Advertisement

to get cBEEBIES DO THIS

MENU SETUP RECEPTION SIGNAL FINDER, then for scan type toggle to make it say user defined, then arrow down system if it says dvb-s2 leave it if not toggle, for frequency enter 10818, inversion leave as auto, symbol rate is 23000 polarisation is vertical. FEC is 3/4, modulation is 8PSK, leave the rest, now press green.

You dont say image or skin but above should show up.

Just to add BBC are getting rid of SD channels and making changes. Look at thread Satellite New Channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

I got one of these boxes with the ssd slot in the back. How do you verify that the drive is detected? Never used one of these boxes before.

If drive is detected Storage will be listed in the menu then follow instructions format / initialize and should be ready to record.

I don’t see a storage option. Suppose the box could be faulty.

Is the SSd new and in fat 32 ?

Is ssd inserted the correct way when box is powered of? Then turn on box and recheck storage?

The ssd is new. How would I know if it’s formatted fat32? I don’t have anything I can plug it into.

There’s a click when I insert it so I think it’s in properly. Also only inserted it when powered off.

I dont know what they usually come as if it clicks in and held sounds like it is in place .

Will assume tape over the ends of connectors has been removed for it to click into place.

Power on box again and see if it shows up.

When i inserted my internal SSD i used the wrong connection port inside and it would not work , changed the connection and it worked as storage was shown.

Have you loaded an image on the box and can you say what it is?

No I didn’t load an image. I’m not near it now but I think the background image had ATV on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Press MENU>SETUP>STORAGE>INITIALIZE DEVICES

You should see your HDD listed by name (it might just be a serial number but should say the size )

NB initialising formats the HDD to the Linux EXT4 system and will wipe anything already on that disc.

Advertisement