Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gold/metal cards

• 20-11-2022 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

So I’m hoping you might be able to help a clueless mum here. My son loves collecting Pokémon cards. He’s only 6 so isn’t playing the game or anything like that.

he wants to ask Santa for a “golden booster pack” but I’m not sure what he actually means…

We had a previous chat about golden looking cards but these are not authentic, right?!

Is it worth picking up a few of the golden coloured cards on eBay/Amazon as a novelty or are they a total gimmick? I don’t want his friends to make comments if they’re not authentic that might burst his bubble a bit!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated cos Santa is a bit clueless!!

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 14 FitBoyAwesome

Oh my, it's simply delightful that your child has taken a liking to collecting those Pokémon cards! A "golden booster pack," you say? Hmm, well, let me wrack my brain for a moment here. It's plausible that this particular booster pack could be a rare edition, containing cards with a golden foil border or even an elegant gold design on them. But I will suggest to get some ideas at collectorpricing.org Oh, how extravagant! It's quite possible that these exclusive booster packs are produced in limited quantities and may come at a premium price.

Now, do be cautious, my dear. It's worth noting that the market is riddled with counterfeit Pokémon cards, some of which may boast a similar golden design or border as their authentic counterparts. However, these forged cards are not officially licensed by the Pokémon Company, and any reputable collector or player would undoubtedly dismiss them as illegitimate. If you do decide to procure one of these prized golden cards, be sure to exercise prudence and thoroughly research the seller to ensure their credibility.

Advertisement