Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

Amazon new delivery service was great delivered on sat and suns etc but for last few months everything is anpost, has something changed? I'm a bit in countryside wonder is this reason? Anyone else not getting Amazon vans but back to anpost?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I am getting a mix of the two with no visible logic.

An order I did this week got split up into two deliveries, one via AnPost (which now for some reason is stuck in Dublin) and one via Amazon own delivery service.

An order yesterday is now Amazon for tomorrow.

I think it depends on the warehouse that the goods are coming from, the estimated delivery day (as only Amazon delivers Sundays) and I also notice that most of the liquids are coming via AnPost.

But besides that, only Amazon Computer knows what is getting what.

Is anybody else having Amazon parcels via AnPost stuck in Dublin since February 8 (Wednesday)?

I first got a mail telling me there will be a 1-2 delay but it's still in Dublin and now the tracker on Amazon tells me that I should come back tommorrow for a refund.

Just wondering if it's only me or if there was a problem with the container.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Xuro

I used Amazon eGift Cards on my Amazon account to order an OLED, and one of their customer service representatives assured me that it could be delivered to my address in Ireland. The sale is done and fulfilled by Amazon.

One week later, the order was cancelled due to Amazon's inability to fulfill the shipment. Customer service told me I could order it again, as it was due to an applied price reduction that was not available anymore, and the new order should be delivered this time. I'm now stuck with funds on my Amazon Gift Card credit that I can't use anywhere else and can't get the gift funds transferred to my bank account.

Did anyone actually successfully order an Amazon TV after Brexit, and how does it work?

I am told that they are looking to find a 3rd party shipment company to fulfill the shipment, and that it might or might not ship some day, the ETA will be available when they find one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

I've noticed the same this year. Most Amazon UK deliveries Monday to Friday are An Post. Saturday and Sunday deliveries are by Amazon. I live in North Dublin.

90%+ of my Amazon orders last year were delivered by Amazon.

Most annoyingly, all orders from Amazon.de have been sent by An Post which means they take longer. Mainly because they don't deliver at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

I bought a car charger from Amazon UK total basket charge £229, however DPD contacted me to pay 70€ taxes before the item was delivered to me, I thought once I paid Amazon UK that everything was paid for?

Amazon Delivery is really annoying at this time.

I have 1 parcel via AnPost stuck in Dublin with them telling me I can get a refund but the prices of all items in it went up, so re-ordering is now more expensive.

Today I was expecting four parcels via Amazon Prime and only one showed up, the other three are lost somewhere in the irish sea as they have not gotten into Ireland and CS is telling me that hopefully I get them tomorrow, otherwise I can ask for a refund in 3 days.

2 weeks ago, they also lost two parcels in the irish sea, this is getting annoying.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Sold and dispatched by Amazon should be sent with customs paid. If its 3rd party sellers though, there is no guarantee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

My subscribe and save stuff arrived on schedule on Friday via An Post. Arrived in Ireland on Wednesday night.

Just me than, well Refunds coming and maybe I can get CS to give me a free prime month for my trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I thought I read somewhere that items over €150 in value would incur additional import charges.

Yes, and you are shown this in the checkout process in the order summary.

It will give you the items without UK VAT and Import Fees Deposit with VAT/Duty to make up the total amount payable.

So, a UK item with no Duty for 195£ will now cost you 162.50£ plus 37.38£ for a total of £199.88!

And similarly, if the goods require Custom Duty, then those would be added to the Import Fees Deposit and charged during checkout. Now most common goods on Amazon don't attract Duty but then Amazon will show you it and charge it as Deposit.

So, if during the checkout Horse7 paid an import fee deposit then no additional charge should be, but if the goods are for example from Marketplace and no Import Fee Deposit was paid (or the wrong) then a charge would occur.

That's why I asked if it was fulfilled by Amazon. He needs to confirm if Irish VAT was applied at checkout and who dispatched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kraken1983

Hi everyone. I moved to Ireland (Dublin) a few years ago from Italy and since then I always hope that the service will improve sooner or later, but it hasn't.

I have been waiting for ages to see faster deliveries with the new warehouse built on Irish soil, but apparently that didn't change things much. Still some type of items are not available here (e.g power banks/alcool) and the variety of items in general is very limited (compared for example to the Amazon.it shop). Also UK shop does not seems stocked as much as the other european counterparts.

For example in italy without a Prime membership you can tipically expect your items to be delivered after 48 hrs (50% of times they will arrive the day after). If you have Prime you can see loads of articles available for same day delivery (only in the major 15 cities) and most items will be delivered the day after.

The service is very quick also in relation to returning goods (no need to go to the post office, a courier will always come to your place to collect your returned item).

Do you think the situation is gonna be better soon here? Maybe the warehouse here didn't really open yet? Will the service get better once we will have a .ie website here?

Cheers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Don’t expect a .ie website any time soon. Next day delivery for prime members is a possibility but I can’t see same delivery even for Dublin. Most items are 2 day delivery for me with prime

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I've had several next day deliveries in Dublin in the last two months.

I had several next day deliveries in Cork too.

Mostly for Amazon own brand products, but a few others too.

No idea what they actualy store in that warehouse but it's getting more and more Prime Next Day in my searches.

Import Fees Deposit (IFD); VAT and Duties

For deliveries of goods sold or fulfilled by Amazon to the EU you will either be charged VAT or an Import Fees Deposit at checkout. The price you are charged will not increase post checkout, unless you are a business customer.

This is what I found confusing,. Item for sale on Amazon doesn't mean sold by Amazon, and there wasn't any taxes added on at the checkout.

• Advertisement

It is very clear in the item description if it is sold or fulfilled by Amazon.

All items show who fulfils and dispatches them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Here's an example

Prince box set - Amazon price is £169.95

Add it to my basket

Watch the UK VAT of 20% come off and the Irish VAT of 23% is added on (shows as Import Fees Deposit)

And here's an option for a third party seller who is selling it for £156.86

But they are charging postage and note that there is no adjustment for VAT - if I go down that route, I'll have to pay 23% Irish VAT on top plus the handling charge. When it says "order totals include VAT" they mean UK VAT. So you end up paying it twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

That’s sold by the third party seller EV Onestop and not Amazon, which explains why VAT etc. was not paid in advance.

The buying options clearly show its sold by a third part.

All my Sunday orders are now coming with Amazon Prime and funny enough about 50% were shipped only yesterday from Dublin.

Plus loads of items now are now no longer in seperate packing, they come with address label on the actual box, which is fun.

There is usually a warning about that at checkout and it asks if you want additional packaging.

That used to be the case, but in my recent multi item orders those were not displayed and than the multi items order got split up into different "parcels".

• Advertisement

It would be clearer to state items sold by 3rd parties will not be charged at the checkout for taxes but will be charged prior to delivery in Dublin

Advertisement