Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭redmond08

Gamepass not working on Google TV or on my LG TV 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Max Q

Same here. Can't get it to work on any device, it's just hanging. Really poor service from Gamepass this year, I've had a lot of problems with it. Can never remember it being as bad and I've been a subscriber for many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Atrocious offering from a billion dollar sporting organisation.

They haven't even acknowledged there's been an issue. Terrible service.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

They never do. I’ve had issues with picture quality and breakup at times and the “support” eventually get back to you and give standard responses. Their money taking systems works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Max Q

Looks to be working now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Wonder was it something to do with the time change. Not sure how though.

Working now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I went to put on the full replay of the Bills and Bengals from last night on gamepass but there is no sign of it. No highlights, no game in 40, nothing. Never had anything like this before.

Does anyone have any idea why this is? Without spoiling the result/score please. I've avoided everywhere online so I don't know if the game was called off or something of that ilk, and I don't want to google it as I don't wanna know the result if it did goi ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,477 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams

A player had cardiac arrest in the first quarter and the game was postponed to an as yet unannounced later date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Oh jeez. Wasn't expecting to read that. Just read on google that he's in critical condition. What a terrible thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams

NFL gamepass will be offered as a standalone subscription in the DAZN app going forward. This is likely the end of €60 gamepass. I know my Revolut card did not work when I tried to sign up on DAZN DE from Ireland. You need a local debit card or bank account to pay. 😔

Just saw the news and at the very least the bloody thing will work as it’s intended because the last six years have aged me. I’ve no experience of using DAZN but is the streaming quality and that stuff good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Dumb ass decision by the NFL effectively outsourcing game pass to DAZN who are struggling as a streaming service with a reputation of poor quality, large price increases while losing billions. Too much effort for the NFL to bother to invest a few million of their billions and effort into developing game pass into a proper streaming service

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

They get lovely reviews on Trustpilot! I was on the fence about getting GP again for next season, mostly as Sky as usual took 5 or 6 Niner games this year (swap Niners to whoever is doing well for other years). I've had GP since 2012 or 13, stuck it out even the one year when it was so bad, they offered refunds to everyone. Probably out now until at least I hear it's running fine with these jokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Have been a yearly subscriber to Gamepass and by and large it's worked without incident for me. Can't understand why the NFL are subcontracting this to DAZN, why put in a middle man in this. Is it solely because Gamepass international is small change for the juggernaut or what?

Forbes reporting one billion deal but at 10 years I'm guessing it DAZN is getting the better end of the deal (if they last that long!), hopefully the prices may not be too bad? I can't find any information on what Game pass international subscriber numbers were, would be easier to crunch the numbers, DAZN have 15 million global subscribers anyway

Funnily this has been the best year for game pass running very smoothly for me after disasters when it moved to Deltatre but interface is still long overdue a user friendly upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

Does anyone know how to the game pass on the ps5

* In the United Kingdom, up two Sunday games per week will air on DAZN on a 24-hour tape delay.

I was just looking at DAZN and seeing if there was any update on what in store for us next season and this is down at the bottom of the page and it’s interesting that unlike previous years Ireland isn’t mentioned. It might change and i might be reading too much Into it but it is something to take note of.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It says on the DAZN website that blackouts apply to U.K. and ROI.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well **** it. In reality I probably knew it was either too good to be true or a mistake. And given the eagles will be shown more this season, then I’m going to have to suffer Neil Reynolds and the rest of the guests sky have on. Unless they **** it up like the last service did for six years.

Well to be clear on DAZN.com which is where that learn more button takes you to it says half way down the page what I posted about only the UK having blackouts. I don’t know at this stage. That page you’ve taken a screenshot of is nflgamepass.fans and gamepass has always said there are blackouts in the UK and ROI(whether there was on not).

well this more confusion and mix of emotions then I normally want before 7am on a Friday. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Justin10

Does Dazn require a VPN if you are on holiday?

Gamepass obviously didn't other then signing up?

Just for completeness sake and as @Loughc posted a screenshot of that page, this is what it says on dazn.com which is the page you get when clicked a button from nflgamepass.fan. It seems fairly clear to me on the DAZN end of things. They are specific where it’s excluded from and even mentions Canada, and the Republic of Ireland isn’t mentioned unlike previous years.

nfl game pass is now available on DAZN for 0.99 until August 1st and then 166.99 for the season. You can sign up to nil network for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,682 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just had a look around and it’s good so far but you’d assume that it’ll be fleshed out before august. The games are up and the picture quality looks very good and fast. And the blackouts not applying to Ireland this year will be a big thing.

NFL are not going to be generating many new subscribers on the DAZN platform at that continued price range, it currently costs €99 to subscribe to DAZN Ireland for the year while there is alternative 'services' out there to source watching NFL games

I don't think the holidaying was the primary incentive for NFL to move game pass to DAZN but from trying VPN and DNS tonight to access DAZN elsewhere looks like it will be pain to sign up at a more affordable cost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

So is the old gamepass app etc... Just going to be obsolete when the current subscription runs out and you now have to get a different one through DAZN?

Advertisement