Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing on Ice is back

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Hopefully Phil will make a good recovery.

Will be nice to have a change of presenter, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Should have been Sally and Bez in the dance off, with Bez making a graceful (or not) exit.

Very rough on Rachel, she was pretty nervous and hesitant, but far from the worst skater tonight.

There are some seriously good prospects in this series!!

Post edited by HeidiHeidi on

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Just catching up on last weekend, really enjoying the show overall, so far.

Vanessa has covid so Brendan will be partnered by Brendyn on Sunday.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2022/0215/1280908-all-male-pairing-for-brendan-cole-on-dancing-on-ice/

Final on Sunday 27th.

Final three Regan, Brendan and Kimberley. Pretty much the ones I expected to be in the final.

Enjoyed it overall this year. Much more upbeat, than last time, naturally enough, as well as some lovely competitors and skating.

• Advertisement

Jeepers, I'm gobsmacked, I thought Kimberly was the nailed-on winner! 😱

(Not that I necessarily agreed, but she was/is a gorgeous skater)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Brendan is my favourite.

They do get some mileage out of the bolero and the win 50 years ago :)

Don't they just!! I was just thinking the same!

Ah, I'm delighted for Regan - for such a bonkers family, he seems like a lovely chap - I was (marginally) rooting for him all along. He seems genuinely bowled over. Very sweet!

I really liked Regan, I thought it was definitely his to win. At the last minute, I actually didn't mind which of them won, him or Brendan. Loved seeing all of them back to perform once more.

Very enjoyable final.

1. Patsy Palmer, former EastEnders actress & DJ, 50

2. John Fashanu, former England footballer & television presenter, 60

3. Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu, Love Island winner & actress, 28

4. Nile Wilson, former Olympic artistic gymnast, 26

5. Mollie Gallagher, Coronation Street actress, 25 in December

6. The Vivienne, RuPaul's Drag Race UK winner & television personality, 30

7. Joey Essex, former The Only Way Is Essex star & television personality, 32

8. Darren Harriott, stand-up comedian, 34

9. Carley Stenson, Actress & singer, 40

10. Michelle Heaton, Liberty X singer, 43

11. Siva Kaneswaran, The Wanted singer, 34 in November

Found this list of the competitors for the upcoming series on Digital Spy. 😊

• Advertisement

Oh hurray!

And I've even heard of most of them - that's a serious novelty lately!!

Sunday night, yay!

Just about to watch now, although I know the result already 😁

Michelle Heaton was eliminated tonight. It was based on votes and judges scores. No skate off.

John Fashanu was eliminated last week. He made Bez look good tbh. 😁

It was a great show tonight, I'm watching it back and haven't got to the result yet but it was fairly obvious, tbh - she was miles weaker than the rest of them, and almost catatonic with nerves.

I reckon Nile and Joey are the pair to beat, with Carley and Mollie potentially up there as well.

Will Joey get distracted with all the romance stuff though? They made a smashing Danny and Sandy - not many ladies could carry off that body suit as well as Vanessa!!!

In other news, is Sylvain the most gorgeous bloke on telly these days??!!

I don't know very much about Michelle, she referred to having (had?)issues.

She seems very vulnerable or something, maybe not in the right space for a competition like this.

I think she's had quite a battle with cancer, and/or that gene the predisposes you to cancer.

Even allowing for that, which is horrendous enough, she did indeed come across as very brittle and vulnerable - I'm not sure weeks of competition and public votes would have been good for her, or made for good viewing either.

Possibly 😁

I really like Colin, the newbie pro, partnered with The Vivienne.

Seems like a lovely guy.

Just looking at Wikipedia, according to which - 'in 2021, Michelle appeared on the UK television show Loose Women to speak about her alcohol addiction and her time in rehab.'

I thought from something she said on the first night alright that she was referring to addiction of some sort.

Brittle/ fragile is a good description of her. I think she is better off out of it anyway.

I enjoyed the show last night.

I enjoyed tonight's show, some great routines.

Nile is looking very much like the man to beat - but Joey or Carley could give him a run for his money. Or Siva for that matter!

Ekin-Su was starting to seriously get on my nerves, she seems very needy, or something - I was hoping Patsy world survive the skate-off as she seems to be embracing the whole thing much more, and having a whale of a time.

The voting seems to be very sensible, weakest two in the skate-off each week - long may that last!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Agreed, tonight was a great show. It's amazing how high the standard is already. Love Nile and Joey but it's a very open competition right now. I agree about Ekin-Su, glad Patsy survived.

Just catching up, only as far as Siva yet, loved that.

I expected Ekin-Su to go, this week, regardless. I half wonder if there had been a skate off last week, would she have gone then.

Sorry that Brendyn is gone but that's all. 😁

Carly really blew me away tonight - the acting combined with the skating was amazing.

I didn't realise that she didn't do the spins on one foot, because the fecking cameras only showed her upper body. Like, WTF??? They go to all the trouble of putting up subtitles "JUDGES' CHALLENGE" and then don't show the skaters feet?

Aaaaargh!! 😡😡

I feel a strongly word letter in green ink coming on.

Loved Nile as well, he's proving to be a better performer than I thought he'd be. Inteesting to hear him say about his dad's advice - win the audience.

Standard was high tonight. Felt a bit sorry for the Vivienne when they had the little stumble but they recovered quickly. What was going on with Mr. Blobby?

I do not know - that was just bizarre!

Yes, I felt sorry for The Vivienne - s/he's really growing on me, and I am not a fan of all that drag stuff.

I thought Darren was overmarked, I felt like his dance was really hesitant or nervous or something - I thought Patsy did a better job, and she's easily the weakest skater left.

Nile in full makeup without the costume is a bit mad looking!!!

Yeah, for me it was a toss up between Patsy and Darren and I thought he might go. He'll definitely be gone next week as all the others are miles better. I actually like quite a few of them so it's hard to say who I'd like to win.

Unsurprised at Patsy leaving.

She has been very positive about the experience, fair dues.

Darren next to go, imo.

Patsy has been so hippy-dippy evangelical about the whole thing, I find it hilarious - couldn't be more of a contrast from her "RickaaaaAAAAYYYYYY" Bianca!!!

Same here 😁

I have enjoyed watching her though. 😁

• Advertisement

No surprise.

Fair dues, he left very graciously.

I'm glad Siva skates on to next week.

Advertisement