Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭chases0102

Thanks for the info there. Interesting you said Ryanair - zero chance it would seem, as opposed to other airlines....Very much a 'computer says no' situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Morning folks, renewed a child passport. Applied online 02/11. All supporting docs received and verified 08/11. At processing stage now.

Issue date still says 29/11. We need it for the 22nd, do you reckon there's any chance it will be here on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Rob113

Just in case anyone is curious, passport arrived in time. Received it in the post on the 14/11. The passport tracker never changed its estimated arrival date. It said the 29th all along.

In fairness it was a quick turnaround, we sent all support docs by express post on the 7th and had the passport in our hands 7 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

Does anyone know how exactly do you go about getting a PSC card? I emailed my local psc registration centre asking for an appointment, but got no reply. I phoned the contact number, and after listening to what seemed like hours of a recorded message, came away with the conclusion that to email them is the correct procedure…….

Basically, I just need the psc card for a first time passport application. I would qualify for a UK passport. I’m tempted to go down that route at this stage. Has anyone any experience of applying for a first time UK passport from Ireland? The only stumbling block that I see is getting someone with a UK passport to be a witness on my application…

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭caddy16

Apologies if asked previously but I've an elderly uncle in a nursing home that requires a passport ( not for travel). Getting a photograph with a plain background and subsequently getting the form signed by the gardai is and will prove awkward. Are there allowances made for elderly people in these circumstances?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

There would be some allowances given a persons age but the background must be plain, surely you could take one using a good phone or iPad. We took ours a few months ago using a regular smartphone and they were all fine and accepted.

The form must be witnessed either way, no allowances after all, a passport is a travel document even if not being used for that purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Chauncey Gardner

Re: Applying for an Irish Passport. 2 different circumstances. Any advice appreciated.

1) Applicant 1: Not born on island of Ireland, but born to Irish born parents (6 counties).

2) Applicant 2: Not born on island of Ireland, parents not born on island of Ireland. Applicant ordinarily resident and working in ROI since 1998. Applicants grandfather born in County Clare.

What application route and documents needed? Any advice appreciated.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Confused on the "witness"

This is a renewing passport for a child but second name will be changed to Marriage name.

Birth cert etc is already in Marriage name

One section says garda only

Other section advises everyone else can also (teacher doctor etc)

Does anyone know which is correct?

I want to get it into the post tomorrow so need to get the right witness!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

I'd just go with the Garda then it can't be wrong.

That's what we did with our 6 years olds renewal, now we had to get babys one witnessed by Garda anyway so easy to do 2 together.

All information here. Foreign Births Registration can take over a year. My brother in law recently got his certificate, took 18 months.

• Advertisement

Oh, applicant 1 qualifies directly, ‘born abroad to a parent born in Ireland’

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Trying to renew passport with Photo-me for the past week but the code keeps getting rejected. Anyone else having problems with it?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Has anyone renewed online recently? How long did it take to get your new passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Mhoram

Hey all, does anyone know if I can physically drop in a document for a resubmission request or does it have to be by post? The time between now and the booked flight is very tight (just over two weeks)

Answered by WebChat: No you cannot

Post edited by Mhoram on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭jackboy

Had my photo rejected as too dark. Got it taken with Photo me with white background and all looked fine to me. Has that happened to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 galwaygirl1

Hi. Applying for childs renewal. Applied online have consent form completed. Do I need to submit birthcerts also?

Thanks

Hi folks.

When making a passport application, do i need to upload ALL supporting documentation/photos at the same time, or does the system allow the applicant to upload documents over a period of time?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭fran38

I actually tried to make an online application today. It seems you need to upload a photo before you're allowed to move on to the next step.

• Advertisement

Yeah, same as that. Years ago when I was applying for my kids passports the process seemed much easier or more obvious at the front end/start of the application. It saved things for you as you went along.

A lot of contemporary obligatory processes seem to have got more complicated, instead of easier.

Post edited by Chauncey Gardner on

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cralent

Hi has anyone gotten a first time child passport recently how long did it take?starting to sweat, estimated date is 2 days after we’re due to travel! it’s stuck at “verifying documents”. Some of the renewals came back nearly instantly well before estimated date, is that likely to happen for the first timers?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭walzer

My passport is valid for 8 months from now. Can I just clarify: if I apply for a renewal online, is it the case that I don't need to submit in my current passport? I'll need it in 2 weeks for a trip. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Why would you renew it before your trip? You've plenty of time.

I want to get it done with. And, trips to certain countries require the expiry date to be more than 6 months away, and it's getting closer to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

If your passport has more than 12 months left to expire you have to return it to them to renew it, in you case I would go on your trip in 2 weeks and then when you're back home apply for a new one if youre keen to get a new one. Don't apply for a new one while you're still away as your old one will get canceled while you're travelling possibly

Thanks Cookiee, I hadn't thought of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Hi all,

My passport is due to expire in June. I’m going to Brazil for two weeks in April and my plan is to renew online when I get back (I live in Spain).

Are there any issues with renewing online a month before a passport expires? (I will have no upcoming trips).

A family member said I needed to renew 3 months before expiration?

Advertisement