Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭dubstepper

We are going away next week. Has made a difference having something to look forward to. Jan blues much diminished.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So turns out I've got one of those 24 hour bug things, at least I hope it's only going to be for 24 hours. Went for a walk last night and just felt off, got home and as the night progressed I started burning up, chills and back ache and then it all went wrong from there. Had an awful night of it but it makes sense, as I was feeling off all day Sunday and I couldn't put my finger on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Sorry to hear that @Loughc they can be nasty little buggers. Hopefully it goes as quickly as it arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Oh no @Loughc...hopefully you can rest up today and be back to normal soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Three out of four of us have had it starting with me on Friday. The actual vomiting passes fairly quickly but it left us feeling quite nauseous for a number of days. In my case, it kick started the badly needed diet 😂. Hope you feel better soon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Coming around again,but my god that was a rough night last night, awake ever hour and in some cases two or 3 times a hour. Deffo early to bed tonight and tomorrow is February at long last!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭BK5

Best wishes @Loughc . January just had to give you last kick 😄

Well I did start January with COVID only fitting I end it with a stomach bug to signify just how sh!t of a month it's been.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh no, @Loughc, it's been a rough month for you!

I swear every disease is floating around at the moment, I've never seen so many people ill at winter with various nasty bugs and viruses. 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Oh how true!!! 😂

Thirty days hath September,

April, June and November.

Unless a leap year is its fate,

February hath twenty-eight.

All the rest hath three days more,

excepting January,

which hath six thousand,

one hundred and eighty-four.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I might stay up tonight just to make sure the calendar changes to February!!

Don't usually do it midweek but I think I'll have a beer tomorrow evening just to celebrate February finally getting here. 🍺😄

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Dooooo it. 😁 🍺

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭A cup of te

That's awful to hear there's a stomach bug doing the rounds now. Get well soon, LoughC. That's rotten and especially after having covid recently.

Thank god its the first of Feb tomorrow. That was one long a** month! Ate the last of the Christmas pudding last night whuch was a sure sign Christmas is well and truly over but at least now we've a month done and only about 9-10 months till the buzz starts again 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Happy February!!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

They're calling it Fabruary on the radio this morning. We can live in hope!

Lá Fhéile Bríde Shona Daoibh! First day of Spring, have a definite pep in my step today!

Happy February everyone 😍

Or is it the last month of winter?? 😁

Only joking, not opening that Pandora's box on the Wednesday morning................

• Advertisement

One month down.... Bank holiday weekend on the way.... the sun is shining... things are looking up.

I've just put a wash out on the clothes line for the first time since about October! Not sure there is any drying out but it looks bright enough & it's February so that's good enough for me!

Did the same earlier, not sure if there is drying much either however better then trying to find a room in the house to put them in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

Happy February all!

I didn't mind January too much! It's my birthday month so that always makes it easier 😄

Sorry to hear of the illnesses....we're in the thick of it, again! I swear we haven't had a break since October!

In wonderful news, our 6 month old slept 9.30pm-6am and has had 2 naps in her cot today....I feel like a new woman 😂 It'll probably all change again tomorrow but sure that's life!

I needed a bit of a pick me up so I ordered a few bits from Buíoch chocolates. Have heard rave reviews so said I'll see what all the fuss is about 😁 The diet can start next week 😂

Belated happy birthday @jellybear. I've not heard of Buioch before so look forward to your review.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's so good we're into February and you really notice a stretch in the evenings!😁

It's also a Bank Holiday Weekend! 😁

It's the 2nd of February already! This month is just flying in! ha ha. Only messing, it truly is great though when we get January over and done with.

My eldest lad is heading over to Edinburgh tomorrow with his girlfriend and I've told them they have to pick me up something from the Christmas shop when they are over there. When I told them there was 2 Christmas shops open all year round over there, they looked at me like I had ten heads.

Belated happy b'day @jellybear.

Bit overcast and drizzle here however getting light earlier and a bit warmer so not all bad.

Is Thursday already, this week has flown by!

Long weekend coming up, days getting brighter and warmer. What more could we ask for (maybe the Lotto). 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Just saw that today is Candlemas, which comes 40 days after Christmas and marks the official end of Christmas. So we truly are out of season from tomorrow! Definitely a good excuse to eat any of the left over Christmas treats lurking in the presses.

Advertisement