Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M50 crossing @westwood leopardstown

• 25-01-2023 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Does anyone know if you can access the levmoss apartments from the westwood bridge that crosses over the m50? Looks to be private but just wondering if anyone knows if it will be pedestrianised. I've seen numerous conflicting things online regarding the school that is being built at the moment?

Post edited by DOCARCH on

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Possibly wrong forum! I will move to the South Dublin Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭markpb

You used to be able to access it from the roundabout outside Leopardstown Shopping Centre. There was a gap in the fence that gave you access to the field behind Holy Trinity and from there you could walk across the M50 bridge to Westwood. It felt very dodgy at night and I wouldn't recommend it but it was used a lot during the day.

You probably know already but there's a pedestrian path from Holy Trinity/Levmoss to the shopping centre.

That was before construction started on that site, it might be closed now. Apparently the developer has committed to improving the path to the bridge and turning it into a footpath/cycle lane as part of the construction project so maybe late this year or early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 potentialbuyer1234

Thank you! I'm looking at buying in the area and was trying to suss out my options as I work in Microsoft so was thinking it would be a shortcut to walk to work rather than having to go the whole route around murphystown way and past the clayton to get over the m50. Hopefully the developer keeps their plan for a pedestrianised walkway in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭markpb

If you buy there before the path is rebuilt, you can always walk to Central Park Luas, cross the tracks there and walk to Microsoft that way. It's a bit shorter than walking in through the main entrance to the business park.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,241 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Or jump on a bike and cross at carrickmines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭mollser

Yes, that 'unofficial' access path is still open and regularly used during the day.

There is a greenway planned to run between the the schools (just to the right of the blue dot at the Holy Trinity school in the map above). This was part of the planninig permission conditions for building the new school which is well underway, and a much shorter and more direct route. Therefore, in time it should become a proper greenway route across the m50.

Special shout out to the good samaritans of the horse racing officialdom for resisting and obstructing this particular development at every turn 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Why shouldn't they, its the security of their private land thats legitimate concern.

Advertisement