Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut Shops - Cashback with In-App Purchases - 3% with Amazon + other retailers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I still think Amazon is targeted because I can't find it either.

But recently shops drop in and out from day to day, I think the AI is now determining what to show.

Also on those which do not have a tracking cookie (i.e. which are giving cashback via the merchant identifier) you can use coupons at the site in my experience (and even some other tracking cookies like AerLingus Avios) while on the ones with tracking cookie all bets are off once you enter a coupon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Looking to buy a new Samsung phone. Any cashback from Samsung Ireland please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Has anybody managed to get the pay in 3 thing working?

I've been denied three times now. I have a decent salary. My linked PTSB account is only about 4 months old (switched recently from KBC). Could that be the issue?

I asked them and they're not allowed to tell us the rules.

Please no preaching on why credit is bad.

From what I gather, PTSB via openbanking is not making it clear who the sender of funds is, hence the Revolut AI can't easily identify your Salary.

In the Revolut App go into Analytics and look into your Money In section, check if your Salary shows up as from the company or if it instead shows up a transfer in your own name.

There is a similar problem for loans, Revolut can't explain, somehow the classification/sender info from PTSB is not always reliable and hence creates the impression you don't have an income.

This is based on my own opinion!

Yes, up to 3% depending on your plan but you might be better off to use one of those EPP links for Samsung, those discounts are usually better than cashback.

EPP (samsung.com)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks for the EPP link. Does it offer 15% discount without any sort of membership?

Yup, once you register you will see those prices, now it's not always cheaper than on amazon.[] so check around.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Thanks for that - I'm with PTSB and ineligible for loans and the pay-in-three facility and, yup, my salary payments are listed from me as opposed to my employer so Revolut thinks i have no salary. Why am I not surprised this is PTSB's fault?

That said, my spouse - who earns a third of what I do and is also with PTSB, does seem to be eligible, so go figure :)

Can it be that your salary various slightly over time (bonus/shares/tax credits) while your wives is always the same?

That's what I originally thought was the issue - hers are always a standard amount, mine are normally above my nominal salary. I'll ask her later if she is down as payments coming from herself or a third party...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I didn't get the Ikea cashback when shopping in person (which I had for other retailers). Have other people experienced this? It was a fairly hefty sum in the end, so if I could get it, I'd love to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

Contact them on chat, screenshot where you opened the link to ikea on the recently used and also screenshot of the % of cashback. They are usually good to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

No they won't - they'll tell you it's online only (even though it works in a lot of bricks n' mortar places)

@Yggr of Asgard - just as an update, her salary deposits also show as coming from herself, but are standard amounts unlike mine.

I do wonder then, if you are not with PTSB, then you perhaps can avail of it with differing amounts, but with PTSB they have to be a regular sum. Bit of a bugger, and probably no simple way around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Hideki99235

I don't have Amazon as an option on my revolut for the cash back any more.

Anyone know why this is?

@lestercullen showing up on mine when typed in the search bar. 2%

I think that the AI chooses who get's Amazon offers.

I don't have it but I know other people who still have it, maybe once you used it to often the AI knows you are a regular customer and after all the purpose of cashback is to lure you to shop at Amazon (and the other retailers).

I notice that a shop that I regulary use disapeared for me but is still there for others, so I think that is what it is, once you have been aquired and earned something you might not longer get it.

@lestercullen

just spotted this on Reddit a reply from Revolut, Amazon showing on my app so unsure about the limited time time answer so must be capping the cashback per account.

Response from chat assistant: 

"If your shops feature working perfectly and you are concerned about specifically Amazon cashback then the Amazon feature comes for a limited period. Whenever they launch again you will be able to see it."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

4% cash back on grocery up to €10 in

• Tesco
    • Sainsbury's
    • Lidl
    • Asda
    • Aldi
    • Marks & Spencer
    • Morrisons
    • Waitrose & Partners
    • Co op
    • Spar

You won't earn cashback on any purchases which are:

• at petrol stations or services;
    • at concessions or stores within a supermarkets (for example, at an Argos, or coffee shop, inside a Sainsbury's);
    • at telecoms or financial services merchants (including those owned by supermarkets);
    • on lotteries or gambling; or
    • are not genuine purchases of goods or services or are subsequently returned

Grocery Cashback Promotion | Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kyleked

Its only available to the uk for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Looks like a UK promo but I got both an email and app notification for m them. As it happens I'm in the UK at the end of the month.So hopefully I get some benefit from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

Mine says up to €10 in the email but does only mention the UK in the terms and conditions.

Since it says '€' and not '£' in the email, I presume there was a mistake somewhere. I'll do it anyway and can get on to their support if cashback not applied!

It is available for selected Irish Customers of Revolut Bank UAB from 12:00pm GMT on 15 March 2023 to 12:00pm GMT on 29 March 2023 (the “Promotion Period”) and you receive 4% cashback (capped at €10 or equivalent in the currency of EEA country where you reside) at the following retailers:

Ireland

• Tesco
    • Dunnes Stores
    • Lidl
    • SuperValu
    • ALDI
    • Centra
    • Spar
    • EUROSPAR
    • Londis
    • Daybreak

Important

• This is not available for every customers, you must have received a message through in app-chat directly from us inviting them to participate in the Promotion.
    • If you have not received a message through in-app chat from us inviting you to participate in the Promotion, you are not eligible.

Please see Grocery Cashback Promotion | Revolut IE

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There's an in-app chat?

I got the mail and I see it listed under the "Suggested for you" section. I was talking to another guy who got neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

I've tried chat support but keep getting template answers about checking cashback refunds :-/

Has eBay been removed from cashback? Revolut's moved stuff around and it's hard to find anything now!

[EDIT] Finally got it - Hub -> Shops

It's only 1% now, not worth the hassle of so many link taps.

Post edited by oneweb on

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭jj880

Revolut is a great service but this cashback BS is annoying. Either offer cashback on a shop all the time or dont. Lucky dip at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

Funny you should say this, the cashback seems to be gone from my app this morning.....

Checked play store. Was due an app update.

Checked app. Cashback was there (no Amazon).

Updated app. Cashback gone. Checked the upgrade compare page for Standard v Metal. It's been paywalled.

Well at least now we know Standard doesnt get cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

I found out how this works. If you are a regular customer you wont get very many if any offers after the first couple for certain shops.

Revolut knows if you used your revolut card at certain shops often.

The way to get offers to come up is to not use your revolut card for shopping normally. But check it before you go to a particular shop and see if its there in the offers. If it is then use that one and use the card that once in the shop to get the discount. Then go back to using a different card for shops again until you find one on revolut that you want to use the discount on.

• Advertisement

I must be thick Im not picking this up at all. Different card?

Advertisement