Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Shops - Cashback with In-App Purchases - 3% with Amazon + other retailers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭ECookie13

Has anyone been able to successfully use this with Argos in-store?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadimmortal

Amazon seems to have been removed from this now. I no longer see it listed as a participating shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Crescent

Yep, Amazon is gone 😕

It was good while it lasted! After they dropped it to 2% it was only a matter of weeks tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Buffman

Yep, RIP Amazon cashback, the Christmas period cashback 'bill' of presumably millions must have landed on someone's desk last week.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

Gone for me too.

I know someone who has the metal plan and their 3% discount for Amazon is still showing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Maybe they have done it this way to get people onto the metal plan

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I'm on the metal plan, Amazon is no longer available for me.

4.3kwh South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I see Zara are no longer on the rewards either, Zara Home are still on it though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭davetherave

Seems to be very touch and go for me. It worked fine with Amazon when that was on there, that popped up as cashback immediately, and an order on Mountain Warehouse that gave the cashback as soon as payment was taken, which was as soon as I hit the complete order button.

Had a biggish order on Lego shop that didn't track at the start of December, sent them off a message on chat about it today and got the whole Did you start in the revolut shops app, get redirected to the chosen store, and complete the purchase within the same browser or app within 30 minutes using a Revolut Payment card. Yes to all the above. And then they just said our records indicate you have not started your journey from the shops mini app.

The only think I can think of is that where payment isn't taken immediately, that it is pending until the shop actually process the order or confirms it, that it times out or something? Was getting something in Expert Electrical today and that is only showing as pending until the merchant claims it and no clickthroughs or pending or anything showing in the cashback section.

It's only like 6 or six euro in each place but it'd be nicer to have it in my account than their one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I used the Amazon 3% on the 2nd Jan, but edited the url to Amazon.de (as this normally worked for tracking) from the default .co.uk

It seemed that before they had a querystring value to pass the tracking id, but this time there was no querystring value after the .co.uk so it might have been tracked using cookies.

Anyway, I found that the cashback (which is normally instant) didn't come through this time after completing the order on Amazon.de (unlike a previous purchase I made a few weeks earlier that did instant cashback), so I'm guessing the tracking id was tied to the .co.uk

Anyone found similar issue when they made a purchase on amazon.de? Were you able to claim it back via chat support?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭alanbk

I’ve had nothing but issues with the cash back. I bought a good few bits on Screwfix, Amazon and IKEA and didn’t get cash back. When I opened a case with Revolut I nearly lost the will to live. They wanted receipts, purchase dates, itemised list of things bought and then said that I hadn’t activated the cash back on the app ( I had ) I told them after a few hours that it doesn’t matter and next morning there was 33 cent credited to my account. Not a great scheme imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭ozmo

Do you have to pay *on line* through the revolut app or is it all purchases from aproved shops - I was using it for Amazon ok where it worked ok.

But bought a TV in December sales from Currys using revolut card - but instore - wasnt thinking or expecting to get a cashback but after I paid, the Cashier said to make sure to watch out for a decent cashback due to me... never got the cashback - should I follow it up?

“Roll it back”

If you activated the cash back on app before you paid you would have got the cash back, if not you won’t get it

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Officially it's only for online purchases made via the Revolt app.

In store purchases (after the offer is activated in the app first) have been working, at least with some retailers, but if it doesn't work for you, you have no comeback.

This is the correct answer.

It's online only. And if you get retroactively claim, they ask for a TON of proof that it's an online purchase. Not worth the hassle for a couple euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

All purchases that I made via the Revolut Shopping Mini App (on either iPhone or Mac) have tracked perfectly for me and were paid within minutes of the card being charged by the merchant.

For a while even changing the amazon domain from co.uk to .de worked but that stopped a few days before they removed Amazon totally.

Snap ^

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Anyone else notice Amazon isn't on the cash back system anymore? Used it only a few days ago, tried yesterday to use it but it's not there in the revolut shops anymore

• Advertisement

I just did an IKEA home delivery purchase, clicked in the Revolut Shopping App (no tracking link, just a re-direct to the website), completed the purchase online on a laptop and cashback there a few seconds after payment taken.

Looks for some shops they now use a tracking link and for others they continue to look at the merchant and than provide cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Amazon is showing again

Must be targeted, nothing for me on 2 devices.

Just seen it in the continue shopping section, don't remember it being there since it removed and showing when I search in the shops as well. Not sure why if not showing for everyone, I only have the free account

Not there for me either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭djdunny

Are you on one of the premium plans with Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Amazon is back for me also, but only when I checked the Cashback section for marketplaces, it's there! (Didn't order anything yet from amazon but I assume it works)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

amazon not showing for me in marketplace, just checked right now

Advertisement