Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sourcing Front Door Furniture

• 27-01-2023 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

I am trying to replace the furniture on my front uPVC door, as I will be getting it resprayed.

I'm struggling to find where I can buy suitable replacements.

Would have to be available from a single supplier, so as to have consistent finish.

Any ideas (pictures attached)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Would you consider just refitting the existing pieces after the respray? When they are off they would be relatively easy to polish and possibly lacquer.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭pinkfloydian

No. I want to move from bronze colour to silver or chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You could have them chrome-plated. Replacements would be a lot more expensive, and might involve drilling new holes, filling old holes etc. unless the new parts line up exactly.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

I found Knobs and Knockers good, and not too dear. Luckily they are not too far from me.

Post edited by scotchy on

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Advertisement