Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CRU announces SGS appointed to operate the safe electric scheme from 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JL spark

What do we make of this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

SGS currently run NDLS. Absolutely horrible shower to have to deal with. It's grand if you are a bog standard case that they process thousands of a day, if you are any way slightly an unusual case they will make your life an absolute hell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

I misread it as AGS

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Interesting, I wonder what happens to RECI? No mention of this on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭JL spark

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I was told today that although SGS will sell the certificates they have essentially subbed the bulk of the work to RECI. This sounded a little far fetched to me but the person who told me was quite insistent. We shall see!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,227 ✭✭✭secman

RECI is a private company that was running the monitoring of the Electrical regs on a very small budget, the contract was put out to tender and the SGS tender application was the successful one. RECI own the premises they operate out of, SGS may run it from elsewhere . Safe Electric will most likely be the actual register from here on. There's still a lot of discussion to be held, SGS will probably have meetings with the representative bodies of the contractors ECA , AECI and NECI .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Most of the RECI staff involved in SafeElectric will likely be transferred to SGS under the TUPE regulations - so you may not see a huge organisation change.

Resources available should make a big difference though to upgrade the whole system. I'd imagine it will become more online and paper certs will eventually be phased out.

• Advertisement

As Carsberg would say "Probably "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭meercat

Looks like this isn’t a seamless transition either. Having great difficulty contacting them. No response from email and not answering either of the new phone lines. No response from inspector either. Anyone else having issues

• Registered Users Posts: 6 oldschool72

I applied to change contractor through the Safe Electric website on 15th December. No response from them since then. Called 4 times. Waited on hold 35 mins 1st time, 32 mins 2nd time (got through to someone who said they would check out the status of my application and call back, but didn't). 3rd time same story, couldn't put me through to anyone who knew anything, 4th time (yesterday), on hold 58 mins before giving up. Have also emailed them 3 times.

Is there anyone I can escalate a complaint to? I was left in the lurch by the last electrician mid- full house rewire and we have had no working kitchen since September. Bare wires poking out from all walls are an eye-poking safety hazard with a young child in the house.

Advertisement