Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reclaiming Tax on Medical Expenses on Revenue Account

• 25-01-2023 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi all,

So I am trying to get some tax back on medical expenses that werent covered by my Health Insurance.

On Receipts Tracker on my Revenue account I have uploaded receipts from my GP, prescribed medications and appointments with consultants. However they show up as 'Claimed Receipts' but have not been credited to my account.

Could anyone give me a step by step guide on how to get these processed?

Kind Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,069 ✭✭✭relax carry on

You file your tax return for the relevant year you incurred the expense and ensure they are included on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,999 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

I’m not fully PAYE so I return Form 11 annually via ROS. I don’t upload receipt images but return total sum of medical expenses and keep receipts just in case Revenue decided to do an audit.

Every bully post gets reported. If personal bullying is the best way you can feel good about yourself, then your self-loathing is your own loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 barrauda17

I wonder is it better to submit all your claims when doing the tax return rather than using the receipts tracker and them being processed live? I see several posts on here from people who receive statements of liability but the claims aren't being processed and they have to resubmit.It has to be more of a nuisance keeping an eye on SOLs to see if they're correct everytime a person submits a claim live through receipt tracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭downtheroad

If you upload medical receipts during the year on that tracker they are probably adding to your tax credits. Check if you got an amended tax credit certificate.

Advertisement