Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Good news..ish. my package is ready for collection but I have to go to cork depot to collect within 48 hours. I can't get to Cork before Friday so I paid another 7.95 from my credit for a home delivery.

Knowing my luck, they'll deliver on Monday which is the day I'm not working from home! Bell Ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Rainislove

How did you contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Yep, I'm still in package limbo too and had no other topup option but €11.85 as PAYG stopped working. Seems their customer support zendesk has also shut down.

Fun.

parcelmotelsupport@ups.com was the email I used but I got no reply from it as yet. The message I got this morning was the standard one with the PIN for collection at the depot as it's oversized apparently (!) So I arranged a home delivery through the normal parcel motel site as I'm not in a position to get to the depot in the 48 hour window.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Raichu

I wonder if it’s not oversized rather they just can’t be bothered to use the lockers anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Rainislove

My understanding is the UPS drivers don’t have security access to the locker anymore. Good that you got the PIN, still I haven’t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Buffman

It's annoying that there's still absolutely no mention of the closure on the PM website, appears to be business as usual with them happy to sign up new customers and take new payments.

Like others here I've a few € on my account that I want refunded if I can't use it.

Unfortunately for me when they emailed me about the closure I was a few days over PayPals 180 day dispute period from my last payment so PP can't help.

So I emailed their support email (parcelmotelsupport@ups.com) and received an auto-response from UPS CS with a unique UPS case number. If anyone didn't get one of those maybe resend your email and see if you get it now.

I'll post here if I hear anything back.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CookieD

I’m in the same situation as others. I haven’t used PM in two years but was getting something on Adverts shipped to me so I topped up my account by €19.75. Now the parcel is going nowhere and they haven’t taken any money out of my account. I did send an email but just got the auto reply. I really hope they fulfill the deliveries they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Requested a refund tonight through PayPal and got it instantly!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

Who or where did you request it from can't get a single reply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Paypal dispute - only if you topped up recently.

Exactly the same happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Shred

It’s now a week later and still nothing from Parcel Motel regarding delivery/collection of my parcel ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Raichu

Ha! I’m not even surprised they haven’t put anything on the website. I went for a nose just to see and some very interesting points.

The support tab is dead. Zendesk has a message that the company no longer uses the service.

If you check the “about” tab it still has Nightline all over it, they never changed. 😂

It’s a farce tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

So I got my second refund from Paypal. That's me done with this company. From now on on, UPS will just be a necessary evil. I'll only use them of I have no other option!

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

You'll get a case number but they won't follow up on it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

I had €6.50 credit in my account. Opened a Paypal dispute and got the refund instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

I sent a letter to Parcel motel on Wednesday, received an email today regarding the refund.

I got refunded via PayPal minutes ago. Got my €19,50 back. Minus the stamp.

Sorted.

I'll give them a few more days to respond and then I'm going to contact the 'Mothership' directly on 01 52 45446 and see what they say. I received a UPS case number from a UPS.com CS email so they've taken on responsibility for it as far as I'm concerned.

Nice one. Did you use the address on the website? (Unit 5 Mygan Park,..... D11 A729).

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Diabhalta

Yes that's the one. It seems they emailed me straight after opening that letter. I simply said I would like to get a refund and here's my details.

• Advertisement

Got an email last night. The traditional photo of the box saying they’ve got it and they’ll deliver it shortly. So looks like stuff is moving now.

I got a mail at 11:34 this morning to state my parcel was ready for collection; I just picked it up there and all is good; 11 days in total since I got notified I had insufficient credit on my Parcel Motel account.

Now to get my remaining credit balance back; I thought I had used a card but just noticed it was Paypal so that should be straight forward!

He sent an old school snail mail letter to the address on their website. (D11 A729)

Ye, as long as you're within PayPals 180 day dispute period you should get a refund quickly, just open a dispute.

Yep, I put it through there and it came through instantly as others have said 👍️

Happened to be in Cork today so decided to chance my arm and call at the depot. Got sorted with my package in 5 minutes. No quibble. :) Couldn't stick waiting around another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Antonius.Prime

Like so many here, I'm both waiting on a parcel and have credit in their system. It's apparently in their system, somewhere...

Emailed a few times, even went to UPS' twitter.

Then came here and saw how the emails are basically being ignored.

I don't have the time to be driving to their depot in Cork on the off-chance that they have it there. What's fun is the UK UPS have a FB presence that appears to be actively monitored, but theres nothing for Ireland.

I could've said nothing and let them take the €9-odd and be done with it, but nah. Went and got a wishlist that herself convinced me to splurge on.

Brown uniforms are to hide the [redacted] that comes from their mouths...

editing to add:

Rather than add another entry; I said I’d give ye an update. Managed to get a response from Twitter via the medium of telling them they’re responsible for the loss or theft of the package.

Public image seems to be what they care about, so make sure if you want a response from them to mention loss, theft and local papers or radio.

It is, unfortunately, provocative but right now it’s all that seems to get a result.

Post edited by Antonius.Prime on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Keep us posted...all forms of comms I tried have lead to nothing - my package is only cheap so can probably write it off if they don't respond, but will try get the chargeback for the €11.85 paypal topup in that case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Antonius.Prime

Got asked to DM my parcel details. Which I did. And the three automated emails from the PM “service” email.

Then got told they’d escalate and email me.

The response email was underwhelming.

”Please email the Parcel Motel service email for assistance.”

Really? The Parcel Motel email? By Parcel Motel? Who were purchased wholly by UPS? The same Parcel Motel who has a fecking UPS logo on every email now?

Whose fecking service email is a UPS domain? !?

UPS - Unprofessional Package Service…

Advertisement