Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Congrats, I'll keep an eye out for it down here:)

What's next for your wrist?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Testing the water on this U-Boat, before putting up on Adverts.

I still feel it's too big for my little wrists, but not too pushed on selling unless I get the right price..

3 Months old

44mm case

Black IPB coating

Rubber strap

Box and papers, receipt, etc.

Green dial which really pops

Quite cool, in that the watch is filled with oil and there's a little bubble which floats around 🙂

https://www.uboatwatch.com/product/darkmoon-44mm-green-ipb-soleil/

Cost €1100

Would be looking for around €1000 with a better price for regulars here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Not to burst the bubble…. But they are on Chrono for €750 new so could be a hard sell at €1k

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Edser

Fair enough, thanks. Hadn't checked there

Edit: I had a quick look, and the IPD models are a bit more than that. Plus you get to try it on before buying 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

I'm selling a Citizen Eco Drive J810 with a black rubber bracelet and the original stainless steel offering on adverts at the moment:

Would accept €65 if anyone here is interested.

Also giving away this watch without the strap shown:

Let me know if it interest anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Could anyone tell me what’s the story with buying a watch from Japan? The watch I’m looking at is €695 in town yet €415 (excluding shipping from Japan)

what kinda duty would you need to pay? Why is there such a difference in prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭micks_address

Yeah you will be hit for import tax if it's declared and noticed by an post. Couriers nearly always will apply import tax. Check revenue website for rates but it's probably about 20%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

VAT @ 23%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

• Registered Users Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Ye defo 23% VAT on the total (incl shipping). To some products then extra duties apply e.g. to cars or cigarettes. Not fully sure about watches and jewellery but I think there is none.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Not selling but looking for a “Prospex Turtle Mini 200M Automatic "Ice Frost" Ref. SBDY109.”

These were a JDM release. Just missed out on one on adverts unfortunately.

Thought I’d cast the net here on the off chance someone is looking offload. Thanks.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Cheers, wasn’t aware of that site.

Anyone know what the charges, taxes, vat, customs etc I’ll have to pay for this?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I haven't clicked in to see where they are shipping from, but?

If it's outside the EU, you will owe 23% VAT on total paid including shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Japan is expensive, only reason I'd look there is if it was a Japanese domestic market watch and not available anywhere else. Some nice watches available there. I think a few lads here have an Oceanus, I was close to getting one but can't get over a watch with "anus" written on the dial

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭saccades

He's looking for a JDM limited edition, gonna have to pay if he really wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I got a JDM in the US and one of the lads here purchased and shipped it for me

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Sometimes I need to slim down to just the one watch. I think that time has come. I've sold a few watches (off boards) in the last few months and this is my last one left (after the James Cameron) and it just doesn't get the wrist time it deserves. It is a beautiful watch from the interesting Gruppo Gamma microbrand

Clearly it's a fifty fathoms homage. Divemaster DG-06 from 2021. Seems sold out everywhere now. Specs are 44mm (but doesn't wear big), 24mm lug width, 500m water proof, ETA 2824-2, helium escape valve, sapphire crystal (anti reflective), ceramic bezel

Review here:

Actual watch:

Not on adverts yet. Thinking of putting it up for €595, but can do a bit better for anyone in here. Any comments / criticisms / enquiries welcome

Feck it, I threw it on adverts. I might have another watch or two incoming in the next few days.

Pics taken in the dark just now. With my notoriously atrocious phone picture taking skills. So you can imagine how beautiful this watch looks in the flesh and in day light

No one interested? It's a gorgeous watch, interesting micro brand, swiss with swiss ETA 2824-2 movement, great specs and very little money for what you are getting

Feel free to come try it on, no obligation whatsoever to buy, I'm in Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Offering my 2020 seamaster 300 ceramic for sale.

Steel on black rubber strap, full set. 210.32.42.20.01.001.

I would class it as excellent condition, it has just had a warranty repair by omega and is in perfect working order.

Remainder of Omega warranty until March 2025.

It would be nice to get back what I paid for it which is €3600.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

I’m possibly open to a trade on this, cash either way depending on what you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Cobra1

I have 2 watches for sale.

Both are brand new unused.

Both well below there RRP.

One was a gift for Christmas and the second was one I bought before a Tudor that I ordered 6 months ago finally arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Ian OB

What are they?

I’ll give you €3.56, a melted mars bar and a half eaten bag of chipsticks(still fresh).

What say you? 😁

Tissot Ballode powermatic 80 rose gold luxury watch €750.

Second one is Luxury Frederique Constant Slim Seconds 37mm watch €550.

Both are on adverts.ie

Sorry

I can't send links yet as I'm new on the watch forum but I have been on boards.ie for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Well I guess it was more aimed at your first post with no information about the watches whatsoever but yet you felt you needed to let us know about christmas and how long some other watch you're not actually selling took to arrive. I wouldn't take it to heart too much and watch the short fuse, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Gerry T

It would be normal to describe a watch for sale, mention if you had receipts, papers, the box. You did say brand new. But in fairness, given the information a melted mars bar and some chopsticks was a light hearted funny reply. Have you placed these on adverts or somewhere else ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Some posts deleted. Let's keep it civil folks.