Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Freight Forwarding China

Options
  • 20-12-2022 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience wiith freight forwarding goods from China. I have goods currently being manufactured. My supplier has requested I use a freight forwarder.

My cargo will be approimately 532kg split into 19 cartons each weighing 28kg. Dimensions 72x42x55cm.

Bansarchina gave me a quote of $794 usd LCL (3.2CBM @$195 per CBM + $35 handle charge + $135 pickup from the factory) to deliver to Cork port.

Has anyone any experience of using Bansarchina before? I can't find much info on them or whether they are reputible. If anyone has any other reputible freight forwarding company suggestions I would very much appreciate it.

Cheers,

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Alexander Ozzie

Every shipment you need to used Freight Forwarding Services to Reduce your Headache Especially for Customs Clearance,Duty Tax and So On. You can refer incor-terms 2020.

I Think my experience as Supplier and and also a Trader which always using freight forwarder services The Price from Bansarchina are Cheap.My Advise you should using local freight forwarding to ensure all goods with good conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jpacman

Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

I would imagine your costs once the shipment arrives to Cork will be high, especially as a lot of Chinese forwarders don't operate LCL services to Ireland but instead send them to the Netherlands or the UK and their agent in that country then has to arrange transport to Ireland under T1, which ends up costing you more.. Be VERY carefully taking booking LCL shipments under CFR terms with a Chinese forwarder, as it is basically giving them a blank cheque to charge whatever they like when it arrives.. We share the stupid invoices that we get for pre-paid LCL shipments in my office as a sort of "Wall of shame", the highest so far was €2800 for local charges which should have been ~ €400..

Contacting an Irish based forwarder like Rudy would be a better bet.. He posts on here under @RUDOLF289

Advertisement