Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Q-School 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Liam Gallagher 6 places off a spot in the second phase, leg difference of just 4 legs cost him a place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Fallon seems to be throwing far better in the last few days. Probably less pressure on her since PDC are focusing on advertising that Bahrain tournament

Guy who got the last OOM spot into the UK final phase had to rely on someone taking out a 170 checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭boomdocker

There are 9 players in the Euro Q school who didn't win a leg over the three days, one in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If you don't get a tour card does that mean 'its back to your day job' for the year ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm happy to see Fallon get through as an automatic qualifier, for herself as much as anything else. She has to be under a huge amount of pressure from all the hype Sky loads onto her.

Anyone who entered Q-School are eligible to compete on the challenge tour and I think they can enter european tour qualifying events

2 German players are after withdrawing from final phase as they only wanted to enter the challenge tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Not easy that's for sure

I see none of the other high profile ladies e.g lisa ashton, lorraine winstanley made it through

Surprised Lisa Ashton didn't make it, good player and was close to winning a tour card last year

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Well, it's kind of up to them and their personal circumstances really. It's unlikely but not impossible that challenge tour/pro-am darts is still their only full-time gig.

By the same token guys who we would consider 'full time pros' may also be running a pub or a property empire etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lisa Ashton has had a big drop off in form over the last year. Unfortunately I think her best days are now behind her. Still an amazing achievement to have been the first and so far only female player to have won a tour card.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭TipsyMcStagge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭celt262

Most will have day jobs apart from the top players who hoover up the majority of the money.

Tough looking draw in the euro tournament this morning. Cadbey will potentially come across Tricole/Kist, Max Hopp and Marko Kantele.

Edit: Sedlacek, Bialeck also on that side of the draw.

Lukas Wenig, Gian Ven Veel and Maik Kuivenhooven have a better chance of making it to the final

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I don't know why but I'm hoping Sherrock manages to get a tour card over the next few days. At least then she can go earn ranking money in the orders of merit and try get into competition on her skills as a player and not for what is/isn't between her legs. She'll still be able to compete in the womens events which gives an extra avenue.

I'm disappointed Beau Greaves didn't try get a card this time around too. She's more capable than a lot of the dross that turnd up over the last few das.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Conor Heneghan drawn against Shane McGuirk in the first round.

Rosney has Scott Mitchell

Niall Culleton has Adam Hunt

All the Irish lads look to have got crap first round draws apart from Dylan Slevin

Michael Flynn vs Aaron Monk

Dylan Slevin vs Benjamin Johnson

Dylan Slevin through 6-1 with a 93 average.

Slevin wins six legs on the bounce to get a 6-1 victory, continues his good form from the first phase. No points on the board yet, but helps the leg difference which could be vital

• Advertisement

Dylan Slevin picks up a point after beating Prakesh Jima. Fallon has a point as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Dylan Slevin wasn't quite at his best but got the job done. Only 1 other Irish left today in Shane McGuirk.

Fallon Sherrock has been throwing really well and if she keeps it up, there is no reason why she won't get a card.

Shane gets a point on the board as well, Up against Graham Usher next in the T32, Dylan against big John Henderson

Btw, 6 points was the safety mark last year.

alas, no further for the 2 Irish lads, but at least they got a point on the board

Turning into a big afternoon for French darts in the euro school. Tricole and Labre both into the quarter finals. Tricole knocked out Max Hopp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Sherrock through to the last 8. Harrington missed 6 darts at 18 to win

Sherrock is into the L8. Great chance to win a card. I thought she hadn't a hope!

Harrington made an absolute mess in the last 2 legs against Fallon. I think she'll get a tour card this week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Andy Hamilton looking good for a card too. Fairly consistent, must be close to highest average overall.

• Advertisement

Ronny Huybrechts vs Jeffrey Sparidaans in euro final

Advertisement