Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sligo 10ks

Options
  • 29-12-2022 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Morning Everyone

I know from seeing signs round that there are a number of 10ks in and around Sligo around Easter time

Good Friday

Easter Saturday and

Easter Monday

Just cannot remember where they are and was wondering if anyone knows./. They porobably have not been on last few years for COVID but hopefully will all come back in 2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

There was a 10k and half marathon in Carney on Easter weekend this year and a 5k on Good Friday in Grange. I'd say both will go ahead again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mrshopkeeper

not Sligo but close to it and well worth thinking about this one: https://kilmovee10k.com/

A very well run, community based event with attendance in the hundreds. I'm guessing lots of return visits from people like myself who appreciate the very generous spread afterwards! Funds raised go to the the Hospice. While I have found the course and distance to be tough, probably not a PB course, it remains one of my favourite events.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 gerdywerdy

thanks a million

Carney and Kilmovee were two I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Nice setup at Kilmovee the one time I did it. IIRC there's a pub at the finish line, there was a good buzz afterward with everyone sitting outside. I recommend saving a little for the last km, it's not the easiest of finishes!

• Advertisement
Advertisement