Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

its not bigger than skis or golf gear so I can’t see the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5 msmandy

Hello I dont know how to start a thread as it has been ages since i have been on here.

I booked a flight to Rome last May for Feb 10th as a family member was performing at a festival, we were departing feb 10th on the 6.20am. We got an email saying the flight had changed and we were advised to change to the 4pm flight getting in at 8 meaning that we will miss the first performance.

Now that is all well and good but the first flight is still for sale at 180 euros and it is now a week past!. I got this flight at a really good price and I am curious to know if Ryanair would bump us on to another flight in order to sell more expensive tickets?

I'd appreciate any words of wisdom or thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭mikewest

Contact Ryanair directly and ask is the best I can advise. Maybe the original flight time has changed to slightly earlier.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

You are entitled to move to a flight for free as over 5 hours, can you fly out day before?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

How likely are Ryanair to offer Knock to Cologne next summer 2023?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

Is it difficult to exit terminal 1 after you have passed through security? We're travelling with Ryanair over the coming days and don't want to be stuck in the airport for 10 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

There's an exit that brings you to passport control beside gate 217.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Honeypark

does anyone know why airport security requires travellers to remove their pant's belt? what possible reason would there be for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭orionm_73

So the belt buckle doest trigger the metal detector.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Anyone travel this week. Have 6am flight Saturday and didn’t book fast track, how’s T1 been around 4am does anyone know, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I was in the airport last Friday at 5am, for a 7am flight - huge queue at fast track, and nobody at the ordinary security area! It was all moving quickly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Covidhaveago

I was using the bag drop facility at Manchester for a Ryanair Dublin flight. When I had printed and attached my tag and went to place my bag on the baggage slide thing, a gentlemen directed me to the visual check in desk with the bag instead.

My question is why did he do this? I was running late (my fault) and just about made the flight, but if there was any kind of queue at the visual check in desk I would have been in trouble.

Thanks Heidi, ended up booking it after looking at Twitter and RA giving out about DAA

don’t be awake early enough to catch the time on app carinca. Hopefully won’t be to bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Heard there was going be a new bar in T2 as a girl in the local was going to work there, Is that onlong with the bar that looks over the 400s as well?

We normally go to one in with the outdoor smoking area in T1 As the old one in T2 didn't sell Bulmers.

There is a new place open in T2 and the Gate Clock has also just reopened too

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭x567

Anyone know if there’s any sign of the EI arrivals lounge in DUB re-opening? (Or or any other lounge in the airport with a access to a shower, inbound or outbound?)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭acermaple

A young family friend was due to fly Aer Lingus Boston-Dub last night arriving this am early. The flight was cancelled and she has been rebooked by the airline to fly Boston to Shannon tonight arriving early tomorrow. The question is how will she get from Shannon to Dublin, are the airline likely to lay something on or is she expected to make her own way? She is finding it impossible to get any info from the airline.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭elperello

She has a ticket to Dublin that's where they have to get her to.

Yea unless she agreed to voluntarily just take the SNN.

Otherwise they’ll have to provide transportation or as a last resort expense it back to them ?!

• Advertisement

Thanks folks, they did, in fact, provide transport from Shannon to Dublin, fair play. Just a lack of info at time of rescheduling in Boston and the following day , which was a Saturday, caused a lot of concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Do you mind giving info on the transport provided? No reason other than nosiness…

Bus? Car? Flight?

It was a bus, Shannon to Dub airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Officer999

Hi guys.

Has anyone booked a 1 stopover flight with self-transfer?

I’m looking at flying to Bucharest and there is a very cheap option on skyscanner from Dublin to Bucharest with a stopover in Brussels Charleroi. The connecting time is 1hr 50.

But the problem is it is self transfer. So I would need to come out at arrivals and then go back in through security and departures again.

Has anyone done a self transfer connecting flight before? Is 1 hr 50 enough? It feels very tight to me, I’m especially reliant on the Dublin flight to leave on time.

I’ve also never flown through Brussels Charleroi but can’t imagine it’s too big of an airport which makes me tempted to go for it? Any advice? The two flights are both Ryanair so I’ll be able to check in online for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Have you check-in luggage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What time of day are the flights at?

I've done a self-transfer in Barcelona, but there's kind of a halfway house where you have to go through another passport control, you don't have to go all the way out and back in.

If the flights are early in the day, less chance of your Dublin flight leaving late. Afternoon or evening, anyone's guess!

Looking at the airport website, there are landings/departures about every 20 mins or so, so busy enough but not manic.

If there's a huge saving, it might be worth it - but I have to say I find flying such a miserable experience these days that I'm all just for an easy life, I'll pay a bit extra to make it easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Officer999

Yes should have said I don’t have check on luggage. I’ll have just a carry on bag.

The flight leaves Dublin at exactly midday. And it’s midweek, not a weekend.

I do save about €100 on choosing the self transfer option so I think it’s worth consideration. It’s just a question of whether 1hr 50 is enough to do it.

Thanks for the feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I’d do it

If you’ve no bags to check, you probably don’t have to leave airside if you’re checked in online. Both flights you’re on are non-schengen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

If I want to use Dublin Airport ‘Fast Track’ in T2 what time do I need to book it for for a 07:20 departure on a continental EU flight ?

Obviously I’ll be there in plenty of time for the baggage drop but just wondering what time’s reasonable and if you turn up late for your appointed time do you miss the service or what happens?

I usually don’t use DUB so a little confused as the booking doesn’t link to the flight number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Couple of questions for the experts.

What terminal do Lufthansa depart from?

Im flying to Frankfurt and returning Friday morning, flight leaves Frankfurt at 10am, what time would I need to arrive for the flight?

I’ve read about Frankfurt being crazy busy, I have to get a train from Stuttgart so would like to have an idea.

Advertisement