Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone using a Jura bean to cup machine?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭alec76

Juras are great machines. Probably as close to semiautomatic as possible in terms of coffee taste ( still well behind it)

Only trouble with these machines they need to be serviced once a year or even often. To be fair all automatic machines needs service, but likes Delonghi you could do it yourself, they are very plain, Juras are extremely complex machines, no average Joe could do it , main issue is that brewing unit not removable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

thanks alec some good feedback

No problem, if you willing to service it ( by professional or yourself if you are advanced DIY person ) they are brilliant machines. If service not a option then Delonghi probably better choice.

Melitta another brand to consider ( they kind of half way between those two: coffee much better then Delonghi but not as complex as Jura) , they made in Switzerland too by same factory as Jura machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

Miele are good machines but they cost a bit. Easy to service and every can be customised - strength, water temperature, pre brewing, grind, milk temperature etc.

do you have a Jura Alec? If so where do you service it?

• Advertisement

Friends used to have one of those. I did like the coffee taste , much better than Delonghi. You almost could pull espresso shot with it . I wouldn't spend 1k on bean to cup though. If you do like good Espresso then bean to cup won't do the trick.

You could spend 1k or 2k on Bean to cup and still won't be able get coffee quality similar to one above.

If convenience( one touch brew) your main goal then choose machine for €250-450.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭fortyplus

I am interested in the comment that a JURA S10 will have to be professionally serviced every year?

I downloaded the manual and I do not see a reference to professional servicing. We had a NEFF bean to cup the past 15+ years and until now there was zero service other than routine cleaning & descaling. It's now dead😪. The S8 looks a possible replacement.

I fully understand there is no match for the manual barrista approach, but the S8/ Z10 get pretty good reviews?

https://uk.jura.com/-/media/global/pdf/manuals-global/home/S8/download_manual_s8_s80.pdf?la=en&hash=06684490C2D0320CCE44F71FCDC3F9E9C9CD50F7&em_force=true

Same, if not i will prob get one when they come in to stock.

O rings , lubrication , cleaning the brewing unit etc. Jura is better build machine compared to Delonghi, nevertheless coffee grinds building up around brewing unit and need to be cleaned. Brewing unit not removable there too.

ps. I guess if you are lucky you could skip the service. My neighbour never bothered to change the oil in the car for years and nothing bad happened.

Bean to cup machine not the same as cars, but there are lots of moving parts made of plastic , dirt etc.

Advertisement