Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

House and roof exterior cleaning costs

Options
  • 16-07-2022 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

For a two story, 2300 sq ft home, what is a reasonable cost to clean gutters, pressure wash a house and clean roof to get rid of algae/moss + treat against it?

I received a mid-3k quote and am wondering if that's a bit high or maybe OK...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

3 days for 2 men and that would be very a very generous time frame, 1500 -1800 would be the outside price unless the place is absolutely filthy

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bie

Know someone who can do it for that price range in Galway? :) That's what I expected to pay.

The home hasn't been lived in for several years so is pretty dirty on the outside on the roof (with algae)

Does anyone know what the difference is between the white stuff on the roof (algae) and the red stuff (red algae?) on the side of the garage? Are they both algae?

Post edited by bie on

The white stuff is lead residue, the red stuff is algae, Tribal Cleaning maybe worth a call, that house looks bigger than 2300 but it may just be the pics, plus you've a garage

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bie

What's lead residue and the cause? Can that easily be cleaned off? I think I've seen the same thing on a lot of roofs in Ireland. I'll look them up, thanks.

It's run off from the lead, there's a treatment for it to stop it running, I'm not sure how easy it would be to clean the slate tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 GiannaRichardson

It's hard to say what a reasonable cost would be without seeing your home and the condition of the gutters, roof, and house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

House is probably washed by now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Sparkle wash seem to be a company based in the USA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭antfin

It will certainly have gone up in price over the last nearly 2 years since the OP asked the question!

Advertisement