Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***** GAME PASS DEALS - See first post for the best deal ******

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Thanks for the tip - mine is up on the 26th should I buy now or is it okay to wait until the 26th - would the offer still be there do you think? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,512 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 27,789 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Myself and a few friends are looking at setting up a F&F GPU and I'm just wondering is it worth stacking three years Live and converting to GPU and then upgrading to F&F plan?

Looking at CD Keys I can get 36 months of Live for €141 which will convert to approximately 21 months of GPU F&F? Does this seem right?

Buying direct it's €22 per month so would be much more expensive.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Couldn't get the €1 deal to work, so paid the 12.99, still a fantastic deal in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Larcoon

I signed up to "Xbox Game Pass Ultimate – 3 Month Subscription (Xbox One/ Windows 10) Xbox Live Key TURKEY

" through Eneba

I registered through xbox with that code but i don't know how to sign up for longer

Was i supposed to get the xbox live for 1 yr from eneba (VPN}

Then sign on for the Game Pass Ultimate (No VPN)

Does the extend it to 3 yrs.

Sorry i don't understand.

Please help me

• Advertisement

You need to get 3x 1 year Xbox Gold subscription codes and then buy 1 month of GPU to get the full 3 years.

You will need to wait for your current GPU subscription to expire or those 3 1 year Gold subs will convert to 9 months of GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Thanks SO much for these super clear instructions. Got 3 yrs Live on Eneba for €93.92 incl service charge. Couldn't get the 1 month for €1, so €12.99.

All in total of €106.91 for another 3 years of Ultimate. Not to be sneezed at!

Merry Christmas to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Heuston14

Hi,

Just want to double check that the Xbox Live Gold memebrships on CDKeys (currently €43.99)which say are for Xbox 360 will work on the Series S? Want to get the deal for my son and am clueless......Thanks in advance for the help :)

It will. It might be marked as for the 360, but will work on all Xbox consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Heuston14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

just bought 3 years Gold in Turkey from Eneba. have VPN on and getting This code can't be redeemed. It was purchased in a different region from your account. error when trying to redeem. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

False alarm. Got it working using Urban VPN browser extension was using Nord VPN when got the issue. couldn't get the 1 euro deal for Game pass Upgrade so just paid the 12.99

Total cost was 105.23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Does anyone know how long these gold codes last when you buy them from the likes of eneba and other sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Hey was able to subscribe to Xbox live using VPN and a code from Turkey but when I go t upgrade to ultimate getting a error saying I’m in aa different region. Anybody have any idea how to fix this.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Try it on your phone. I had region issues the last and only 2 times I’ve done this. For me at least it’s never as easy as most folks seems to manage it here. Have region issues every time.

In my experience after adding live codes, trying the game pass upgrade on laptops, the Xbox console, pc, different browsers, vpn etc, and by chance just tried to log in to my Microsoft account on my phone to get the game pass upgrade for 12.99, and it went through in the phone. Presume the mobile page is slightly different and lighter than the desktop version or not as restrictive as on the xbox.

Check back in if it works. I’ll have the same issue when I try to renew in Jan and curious if it will still work that way

Actually tried it on a number of things phone, iPad, laptop and xbox one same issue each time. Rang Microsoft today they got me to change the location on my xbox one and on my account on pc one was Ireland one was uk🤷 both changed to Uk and it worked. I’m not sure if they did anything in the background but all worked out and they were super helpful.

I must check if my regions match. I know my region is Ireland on my Microsoft online Xbox account, but the Xbox itself may be the UK region. I’ll have to double check later. I presumed they would automatically be matched up

Yeah so did I I noticed now the email receipt for the update to gamepass is in sterling must check the rest of the store later. Don’t think I used to buy in sterling but I only use the Xbox for gamepass don’t really buy games from its store. But it works now so I’m not complaining 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭ozmo

Just to confirm its still working - but cheapest I could find was Brazil

1 year = 37.09 = 111.27  https://www.cdkeys.com/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-brazil

but I had awful hassle with Brazil last time - had to use the brazil xbox site, google translate and swopping urls etc. - worked in the end but this time went with EU... less stress.

1 year @ €43.99 (131.97 total for 3 years and no VPN etc. needed)

https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-uk-cd-key

“Roll it back”

Good shout. That’s quite reasonable without any of the jiggery pokery! Might do that in Jan since I seem to have region issues every time anyway and also went through the Brazilian page translators and vpn stuff last time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭wassie

Also worth trying to clear out cookies and settings from browsers if having region issues. Close down and restart a browser after clearing these out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Good morning and merry christmas.

I have added 2 x 6 month gold live codes from G2A. They have worked fine. I also purchased 1 month ultimate. But when adding that code it states it is already redeemed? All codes are for europe

Is the code incorrect or am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭feargantae

That's a problem with the code you were given. Contact G2A and get them to reissue another.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Bought the Turkish Codes a few weeks ago from tip on here - redeemed today and all good - 3 years Gamepass - thanks so much to you guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Has anyone tried this with Ultimate friends and family? I've already done for normal ultimate will it convert to f and f without extra cost? Maybe just the one month?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭wassie

I got 3 years GPU last month - my expiry date is 30/11/2025.

Just tried to upgrade my subscription to F&F out of interest and got the following notification (I cancelled at this stage).

Upgrading your membership

Joining Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family will upgrade your remaining Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass or EA Play membership(s) into Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family at the current conversion ratio, up to 36 months (any time over 36 months will be lost). Note that all conversions are final, and the conversion ratio is subject to change.

Your new Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family renewal date will be: 03/11/2024

I've assumed this is UK/Irish date format based on my regional settings, i.e. 03 Nov 2024, not 11 Mar 2024 (US date format)

So effectively losing about 1 year. Note that the conversion is based on days remaining, so calculated from todays date 29/12/22 until 30/11/25.

The T&Cs on the game pass subscription website state

Conversion – Primary Account Holder: Purchasing this product automatically upgrades the primary account holder’s Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass (Ultimate, PC or Console), and/or EA Play membership(s) to Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family at a conversion ratio each based on days remaining, up to a maximum of 36 months. For instance, 30 days of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is converted to 18 days of Xbox Game Pass Friends & Family.

Based on this example, a conversion ratio from GPU to F&F is 0.6

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭themighty

Related question!

I'm having trouble claiming the Apple TV perk. My gold sub was purchased through Brazil then topped up with an Irish Ultimate to convert. Is there any way that the difference in regions would be causing the problem?

Also, I've shared my account with my brother, he was based in NZ when I originally shared it.

Can't complain for the price I got it at at the time, but would be nice to claim it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I am coming to the end of the 1st 2 years ( I couldn't do 3, as I had used auto re-new). If I wait until it expires on jan 9th, can I do this again? And does it need to be Ultimate to work on a PC rather than a console? TIA.

You can do it again once it's expired. You need Ultimate or PC Game Pass to work on PC. Using the Gold stacking to get Ultimate is cheaper than paying the €10 monthly sub for PC Game Pass. Iirc EA Play Basic is also not included in PC Game Pass whereas it is in GPU.

Post edited by sniper_samurai on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Due to buy some Xbox live shortly, last time i got it was with instant-gaming which was pain free but prices seem very dear now at that site. What is cdkeys like now last purchase with them was a drama trying to get a refund from paypal was another drama for some reason. That was 2 years ago just wondering how anyones experience has been with them since.

Advertisement