Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The main thing is keeping the main thing, the main thing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭babacool

gotta say… not seeing sb runs on strava makes it “exciting” as one just doesn’t know if amk is doing enough or not. Same time it’s kind of hard to follow and not take sides. 😁 so yea. I’m routing for the old fella now! Go on amk and if you ever need someone to do some miles with you - I’m living around the corner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

It appears he has several 'routines'. Which one in particular? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

AMK can see all my runs so he has the same advantage as me 😉

I’m the spectator! I’m the crowd! I’m the customer who will purchase the merchandise. What do I care what the competitors see?! 😁 I don’t see it so I can’t support you. Can’t cheer you on. Can’t purchase the merch to support the corporate that stands behind you! I demand visibility! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

AMK T-shirts on sale. €75

Use code #sbucklersucks for 25% discount.

• Advertisement

I honestly think if you really get those done and out for sale and the profit goes to charity, you will sell a lot 😁. Maybe not at that price tag but who knows.

Right Swashy - here's my plan for the next few days.

Hang on.......I don't even know what day today is.....

🤣🤣🤣

I'm surprised you haven't gone incongnito yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Where was I? What day is it? Are those my feet?

Wed 21st: Session: 20(20secs at 10k / 1min off/ 1min@MP/ 1min off)

This is the start of a series of sessions that start off 'light' and increases in distance for the 10k portion and the MP portion. On paper it looked pretty light - so I assumed (incorrectly) that the recoveries were at 'steady pace'.

Done this in the dark in the PP and found it incredibly tough, especially towards the end - I know know that trying to keep the recoveries 'Steady' as opposed to 'Easy' would have made the quality of the efforts much better. I was wrecked afterwards - the quickening and slowing of the paces is a bit of a mind fcuk and I was forgetting which rep I was on a few times.

Got it done and finished about 0.2m from my house - but walked it home - I may rue that missed 0.2m come the end of the year!!

Thursday 22nd: 7 miles down to the park and back. Legs a bit tired but wanted to hit the mileage as I knew SB would be doing 10.

Friday 23rd: 45min Steady / 1m@7.30/ 1m@6.50

Another one from my coach - the intention being to tire the legs for the long run on Sat.

Steady worked out about 7.10-7.15 and the last mile pick up is a welcome addition to these runs.

Total with WU/CD was 10m

Saturday 24th: Didn't do the planned session (45 at 7.30/ 45at7.00) as was meeting people for a run (at 8am 😴 ) . I had also left my car down at the Straw Hall on Fri night - so had to pick it up.

Legs were very tired and I was very hungover - so the company was very welcome.

Tried and failed to increase the pace once my buddies left.

13.5m at 7.38

Sunday 25th: I've never ran on Christmas day before - and as I was cooking for 8 people - I didn't think I'd get the chance to run - but a window presented itself and I got out for 30 mins.

Legs were very tired and dont think I could have done much more.

3.7m / 8.24 pace

Monday 26th: Session - 20x200 (1min Steady Recovery)

Out early enough for this (10:30am) in order to catch the Spurs match at 12:30.

Planned pace for the 200's was 5.30 with recoveries being 7.20-7.30'ish - just keep them steady to keep the HR up.

Came in at 5.31 for the 200's and 7.30 for the recoveries. Tough enough session as it was a tad windy in places.

8.7m at 7.06 pace ave.

Tuesday 27th: Was out again on Monday night - so very tired again on Tuesday morning. I was going to do 4 or 5 - but the motivation to run more is quite high recently :) - In town on Tuesday night - session planned for Wednesday. Didn't help by downing the half bottle of wine when I got home.

8.25m / 8.14 pace

Wed 28th: Session 15 Steady/30 at 6.10 / 15 Steady

I knew this was going to be tough - tiredness and quite a blustery day aren't ideal conditions for this - coupled with my high alcohol levels and bad sleep.....uuugghhh!

Set off on a warm up and noted a stitch after a mile or so - didn't think anything of it and started the 15 mins steady which passed off quite handily at 7.25's - still noted the stitch.

The 30min tempo started going up Chesterfield and I had to stop again after a mile due to the stitch and going against the breeze. Got going again and coming back around the 2m loop by the Aras - I had to stop again as the wind was making the effort unsustainable and the stitch was worse. Got going again and went back up Chesterfield and then didn't bother turning towards the Aras again - just went straight down North Road - I more stop to help the stitch (as the wind was back in my face as the North Road turned by Garda HQ) and got going again - finishing across from the monument.

Each stop was about 15-20 secs, no more, so I dont think I compromised the session - pace was just over 6.10 per mile.

The 15min Steady was uphill to the top of the Upper Glen Road - the stitch was crying at me again.

Took it handy on the cooldown home.

Total was 13 miles.

Crossed over 2600 miles for the year during this run.

The little competition with Noonan will be to the wire! Might even have to run twice on NYE.

• Advertisement

A very interesting read......

I've gotten to the stage where I'm checking the weather in Limerick.

If you know anything about me atall, the weather is completely irrelevant. Every wife thinks I'm mad with some of the conditions I've gone out in.

You'd be better off checking disease control statistics in Limerick. 2 sick kids in this house ,one with a temp of 103 the other day! Challenging to say the least!

“Every wife thinks” - how many do you have? 😁

hope the little ones will get better soon!

Haha.correction"Even my"...that's what I get for boardsing while feeding a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Jaysus 1st man I know to be able to multi task... impressive 😜

Hope the kids all feel better soon🤗

God that's nothing E. Changing a nappy while filling a sippy while blowing a nose. That's my morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

as long as you didn’t stuff the turkey whilst changing a nappy and blowing a nose….

We're both now blind to each other. Blocked/Muted on Garmin Connect & Strava.

Today is 1st half of Extra Time.

Friday is 2nd half of ET.

Sat is blindfolded Penos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

This thread is the one holding most of my interest at this stage!! Dying to see the outcome 😂

Paul is not running at all. He's sitting with his feet up in Limerick, being fed Pate by his wife.

We just said we'd throw some fiction into the mix over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

This has taken over from the Darts as the sporting highlight to the end of the year 😅

And for those not following on Strava the totals with two days remaining are;

AMK: 2613.9

Swashbuckler: 2615.9

The lead has changed multiple times in the past two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Shocked I haven't seen AMK on my multiple trips to the Phoeno this week......he will be doing the 24hr challenge tomorrow so will def see him then

That raises a good question: when does this stop? As in what run will still count and what Not? If you start a run at 11:59pm on the 31st and do 26miles, still counts? 😁

We didn't discuss. Lol. My view would be any miles after midnight don't count. It won't matter for me anyway. I won't be out at midnight.

I honestly don't care anymore. I just want this to be over 🤣

• Advertisement

I hope neither of you is competitive enough to really push to the last minute 😉. I would Even say “last run to count is lunch time 31st” 😁

Advertisement