Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It feels like it only started a couple of days ago! 🙁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Raging it'll all be over when we get home. Seems like the run was very short this year.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Assume live finish is still 7pm? Am out and hope to get back in time

Yep, 7pm... they are doing the top 40 song countdown now. 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Have it on in the back ground at home at moment, first time i have been in to listen to the finish, wonder what will be the last song, saying that will properly be doing something around the house and wont hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Was sad getting out of the car just now knowing Christmas FM wouldn’t be on when I get back in

Fairytale of New York playing now. 🙂 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Who was the guy doing the countdown? I like him when he's ad-libbing but find he's awful when he's reading out messages and requests.

• Advertisement

Was that the last song???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I don't mind the Ed and Elton song too much, can just about take the Taylor Swift offering and the Gwen Stefani song is not too bad. I really like Greg Lake's offering. I heard the latter a lot in this year's run, including today. I only heard Bing/Bowie a couple of times - I think it was the same last year. I always liked that song and still do, but it has dropped off my last of favourites somewhat.

That's it then🙁

Confused.com!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

John Hickson i believe, he also played David Foster and Katherine McPhee in the countdown instead of David Foster and Natalie Cole (Grown up Christmas list) and never corrected himself lol

I'd call FONY the official final song, but they're still playing away on the FM broadcast. 'Here comes Santa Claus' playing now!

Still live on fm, were getting a bit of a MEGA MIX lol

Sleigh Ride played, and now Christmas Wish playing on FM.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No change on last few years so. Got to listen into the last 15 mins serious lump in the throat moment listening to them do the thanks to the sponsors etc

Deffo end of an era of the Christmas season.

Playing different songs on Alexa!!

Now I’m really confused!!

Sorry @DvB , I think the last song was FONY, unless anyone else says different!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Weird! I was listening on Tuneinn and it played a bit of Bieber and then went dead... 🤣

Dam!, number 8 on my car radio just Hissing for another year.

WHAM Last Christmas still blasting out on fm here 👍🎄😀

Is it ? ,im indoors.

I wish it could be Christmas Everyday still blasting on my FM radio!

XMAS gone from the Station Name on screen and just has 105.2 fm on display instead.

Wizard I wish it could be Christmas everyday still blasting out on FM 😁

Better go and sit in the car then.

• Why do they end it so early?

It's literally the 3rd day of Christmas.

Why not end it on December 2nd at a minimum?

I thought they did the countdown, the presenter said the various thanks and then they had a play out song followed by static!

Sounds as if FM is still going so not sure what exactly would class as ‘last song’.

• Advertisement

They only get a temporary 30 day licence and it’s been proven they raise more money prior to Christmas Day than after it. So they start end of November to December 27th. Makes sense really.

Advertisement