Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Playstation Plus discussion thread - Part deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

They're probably prioritising getting the PS2 emulator working on PS5. The emulator used for the PS2 classics on PS4 is completely fubar in back compatibility mode on PS5 making the games unplayable, the issues are so severe I don't know why they aren't listed as incompatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,470 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Extra and Premium games now live, great selection this month!

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/12/14/playstation-plus-game-catalog-lineup-for-december-far-cry-5-judgment-mortal-shell-and-more/?sf262828374=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Does Amazon sell Irish PSN cards? Work gave me an Amazon gift card but can’t seem to find Irish PSN anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,764 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

Ive just bought a new PS5 (Santa). We have a PS4 and the PS Plus sub has just expired. Since they will be using the PS5, I have created a new PS account and bought the PS Plus Premium, for €89 pa I think its not bad value. I'll use this new account for the new PS5. The question is can I use this same sub on the ps4? I assume I'll need to log in on the PS4 with the new PS5 account. Or will this not work and I'll need another sub for the PS4?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

@223vmax PS+ is tied to the persons account, not the console.

Whoever had PS+ on the PS4 could have logged into the PS5 and re-activated their account and got access to their PS+ library.

To answer your question, yes, log into the PS4 and it will work - no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,124 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If you create a new account you'll lose all your free games you got with your plus subscription previously

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

@F1ngers So to be clear the PS + benefits follow the account rather than the physical machine. So you get the same equal benefits on both PS4 & PS5? If so, I'd be as well cancelling the PS+ I just bought and buy it with the original account we used on the PS4?

Correct, the account is where you apply the PS+, not the console.

Log into your PS5 with your PS4 details, buy PS+ for that account(your PS+ will also work on PS4).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭jj880

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Next months games have been leaked already. This is the same guy who has correctly leaked monthly games for over a year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,124 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Fallen order I really disliked starting off, particularly the maps, but it really grew on me

I'd say given the stupid pricing on Fallen Order atm I'd say it's correct. The Deluxe Edition is currently in the End of Year sale for €8.99 but there is no discount on the standard edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,246 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Fallen Order is a great game. One of the best Star Wars games in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,996 ✭✭✭Wossack

Yea I really liked it - like poster above, maybe not immediately, but did grow on me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think the map was the toughest enemy in the game. And there were a lot of tough enemies.

I really must play the first Axiom Verge. Meant to be a good metroidvania.

As for Fallout, I don't play the Fallout games but think I read it's a much better game now than when it released.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The 'Join now and save €30' offer was working for me yesterday

It still shows for the 12 month membership i.e. €29.99 for Essential for 12 months, but when I click into it, it bumps back up to €59.99

Any ideas on this? Only reason I didn't buy yesterday is because I wasn't able to add a new payment method. Very frustrating - Only wanted to get it on a whim as I've gone off gaming completely recently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

I've had something similar happen on the store before. If the real price has gone up, the offer is likely finished sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Assumed as much. So frustrating. Couldn’t add new payment method so wasn’t able to sort it

• Advertisement

I have no interest in star wars but have Fallen Jedi a go when i heard it was souls like. I hate that phrase now because it must not been what i think it means. Combat isn't near nearly as good as DS and the map design is atrocious. I quit early on because i kept going around in circles and the map was too boring to want to keep going. I'll try again though with lesser expectations this time.

Fallout 76 is excellent (never thought I'd say that). It was abysmal on release but it's such a solid single player game now. Tons of solo quests and a big interesting map. It was rare i came across another player and when i did they were all friendly except for one who tried to grief me but as long as you don't attack back, they can't kill you (or do much damage). Some excellent qol changes made to the game over the years, highly recommend trying it. Only negative is that buildables can cost a lot of atoms and atoms cost a lot of real money. I was still able to build a pretty cool base but some of the high end parts are way too expensive. I haven't played in about a year after selling my copy but looking forward to getting into it again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,080 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The problem with Fallen Order is that it was a few months of development time away from being finished. Not in the technical sense, but it needed a few extra design and polish phases to really tidy it up. The map design is terrible, especially when it opens up to have Metroidvania elements later on. The areas are a confusing mess and it makes backtracking and exploration a chore. It also needed a bit more polish on the combat front - it came out not too long after Sekiro, so its kinda awkward parry system didn’t stand a chance in comparison.

That said, its a rare game where the best stuff is in its final act - its story is all over the place until suddenly it becomes a genuinely cool and thoughtful story about the nature of the Jedi in its last few missions. And some of its story stuff has fun gameplay implications as it unfolds too. It’s just a shame the rest of the game wasn’t there, but there is enough of a foundation to suggest its sequel could be something much better if the right design lessons are applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It was the boring back tracking that did it for me in the end. But I don't have the love of Star Wars to urge me on either. Saying that, the Skywalkwr Saga is quite impressive, for a Lego game. Didn't know much about it, just assumed it was an update to the original ones. Nope! Grand little time killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Decent lineup next month. I do have Fallen Order already though.

Was gonna pick up Fallout 76 on PC as its on sale for €8 but I'll just give it a go on PS5 now.

Was also gonna buy Kerbal Space Program but that's free on EPIC store on PC the 5th of this month.

Nice to see games come onto a service BEFORE I've bought them for once😁

Anyone play Mass Effect Legendary Edition from last month?

I played through it last year and mostly enjoyed it. I feel Mass Effect 1 gameplay hasn't aged that well but the other 2 were fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,246 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Monthly games are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

If I claimed Fallout 76 on Extra do I need to do something to make sure I still have it after my extra expires?

You lose access to the monthly games if you let your sub expire.

If you downgrade to essential, they'll still be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Damien360

Just on mass effect. I never played it before but I thought the first one was a serious drag. Far too many speeches and cut scenes for me. I seem to be wandering aimlessly. I haven't tried the other 2 and was wondering if it's just more of the same.

• Advertisement

The trilogy should come with a warning saying if you're not enjoying 1, move onto 2! There is a story catch up and it's a **** fantastic game. Much better combat and epic story about building a team for an epic final mission. 3 then builds on top of that, absolutely worth it if you enjoyed 2. Don't let the first game put you off the series.

Advertisement