Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Chocolates, Sweets and Food

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I picked up a box in Aldi this morning €4.99.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I got the little tin of Roses to put with someone's present and card- I don't know about taste, but they make a cute little gift. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We were gifted a tub of Roses a few weeks ago (just after Halloween) and they tasted the same to me, i.e. cheap, sickly sweet & nothing like normal cadburys chocolate... maybe they changed them again since then but it reminded us not to bother with the tubs of them for Christmas this year.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I might have eaten two whole Dairy Milk bars on Saturday night. Not usually a massive chocolate fan (more biscuits) however polished off two bars in no time!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tubs of sweets in Tesco €3.99 at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

We got this as a gift - I was going to buy it myself, don’t have to now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The bag is getting filled, Picked up a box of 'White Malteser Truffles' today in the local Iceland

Gave up my search for the Fredo Christmas Crackers and the Oreo tins. Is what it is I suppose

I wonder will the fancy Malteser Truffles /Kit Kats etc end up been 3 for €10 etc soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

This weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Does Baileys icecream exist anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,999 ✭✭✭Caranica

Omg Bailey's Haagen Daz was a thing when I was at university 25 years ago! Had forgotten all about it until this post

• Advertisement

Aldi didn't have much stock when they had a deal, maybe Lidl will be better...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Aldi have these lovely vegan "biscoff" truffles just in, in the middle aisles. Salted caramel too.

Pricey enough at nearly a fiver for 150g mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Still have to pick up my celebrations, heroes and box of Tayto!

Did a stock take of the Christmas cupboard this morning and did the list for the big shop.

I'm doing the drink shop this evening, then the food shop on Wednesday. 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Yeah, I was just thinking that Wednesday would be the best day as I'd imagine Thursday and Friday will be mental. I've all the drink got already and the Christmas cupboard is well stocked. We went for a stroll around Cork City this afternoon just to soak up the atmosphere and I really enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just took a casual stroll to Tesco to have a browse and wow stock levels are low across almost every aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭tscul32

Will leave the shop to thurs or fri but will still need to pop in on sat for fresh berries. Thankfully walking distance from all major supermarkets.

Well the drink has a better sell by date. 😄

• Advertisement

I know!! I was up in the Artaine Castle one a couple of hours ago. I was mainly getting the booze, but I also got the only Tesco brand Christmas pudding they had left, in case they don't get any more in, and the last bottle of sherry that they had. I wasn't browsing the main food aisles, but a few seemed fairly sparse.

I'm making my list (and checking it twice) for the Big Food Shop now. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,405 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Opened a 'tin' of Heroes tonight. Lasted an hour between two of us. I'd swear there used to be more in them.

I know that feeling looking at a few measly remains in my heroes tub.

I swear a couple of sweets in and you can see the bottom of the tub already.

Bliss in Dunnes this morning at about 8.30am (they opened at 7am). Full shelves, car park near the door and place wasn't busy at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Definitely the best time to go, if possible. I always do my shopping weekly shopping at 8.30am and it's lovely and quiet! Planning on doing our weekly shop Tuesday or Wednesday....try to avoid the place Thursday and Friday 🙈

Think the OH will do our big shop Thursday and I’ll stay home with the kids.

Can get fruit, milk etc in local shop on Fri/Sat.

I was out n about, pulled into dunnes on way home just to pick up stuff for school lunch..... couldn't get parking....it is a busy dunnes at best of times.... went to Aldi.

Not looking forward to the big shop.

Go as early as you can, I would say try later in evening too but then stock can be hit and miss

Ah I'm usually there early. Though can't be too early or milk and bread aren't stocked.

This year is the first year in nearly 10 yrs I'm not having "visitors" I've been an accidental host a role I didn't want or like, so enjoying not having any of the extra pressure .

My "big shop" will really just be a normal shop but sharing the supermarket with an extra million people....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

I think a few people were unaware Dunnes was open early today. They’re also open out my way till 2am on Thursday and Friday. Might do a midnight shop

Advertisement