Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Admin required] xxxxxxl disputing a warning received in Current Affairs

Options
  • 08-12-2022 6:37pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,061 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Thread being opened on the users behalf, as their warning level blocks them from opening new threads.

Post edited by awec on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

I have received 2 warnings and a thread ban for trolling I have been nothing but polite and courteous but was badgered and hectored by some. There was persistent baiting. I did not report those posts as I don't do that. I would have received a 3rd warning but the mod decided against that. I would like to appeal.

Beasty You've been warned.

Moderator Beasty

Points 1

• Beasty December 4
    • You are being warned for the following post:

Ireland running out of accommodation for Ukrainian refugees due to surge in non-Ukrainian refugees?

• StrazdasDec 3, 2022
    • https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/119945890#Comment_119945890
    • How can refugees cause a housing crisis? The overwhelming majority are accommodated in refugee centres, hotels, large public buildings, army barracks etc. i.e. places where Irish people don't actually live. None of them are placed by the state in private houses or apartments (apart from those who have been generously offered accommodation by host families).

• The first to arrive have created this problem. I have visited Dublin a few times. Went to Dundrum there are empty flats that got converted into a refugee hub. I think the area is where the filmed some of love hate. It was like visiting the worst parts of the ME women in robes only eye slits. I saw one man once obviously sending out the wife out to do the shopping. Tones of kids running around unsupervised. Are we ok with ME men from the stone age lording it up over their women folk ? Have been to the ME it's the same story wife walks behind the man looks after the kids same Guy live it up large.

• View Post

• Keep your racist commentary to yourself
    • xxxxxxl December 5
    • Unless you can refute this with facts I have lived in the ME And noticed the exact same behaviour. They are currently fighting against this kind of nonsense in Iran. Just because some are triggered by this information does not make it any less factual.

More protesters in Iran have been sentenced to death as political unrest continues

Iran enters ‘critical’ phase as it tries to quash anti-regime protests

• Beasty December 5
    • No retraction necessary
    • I don't care where you lived. Keep your racist views to yourself as it will be a threadban next time

I will leave this here as the mod in question has an issue with me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,148 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi xxxxxxl,

I'll look into this for you later today. Please bear with me.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

@xxxxxxl it is unclear here what specific warning you are disputing.

You received 2 x 1 point warnings on 8/12, but the PMs you've pasted pre-date this. Are you appealing different warnings?

Can you clarify this, as it will help @ancapailldorcha when he reviews this later.

Just the warnings. The Pm's were to show bias.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,148 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hi xxxxxxl,

I've read this thread and the PM exchange between yourself and the moderator in question. I've concluded that the warnings are warranted and have decided to uphold them accordingly.

Your posts in that thread are of an antagonistic nature. You're repeatedly posted pithy comments which don't add anything to the discussion. I've read the PM's and I do not see any signs of bias. The moderators do not screen every post so sending a list of posts for review isn't really a fair thing to ask. In future, please use the report post function as the moderator requested. This sends an email to each moderator with a link to the individual post to be reviewed.

Furthermore, comments such as "Are we ok with ME men from the stone age lording it up over their women folk ?" are highly bigoted and unwelcome on the site. They're also inflammatory.

Frankly, I think the moderator showed great forbearance in only warning you. This month alone you have had eight individual warnings. I suggest you seriously reconsider your posting style if you wish to continue contributing to the CA forum.

Please let me know if you'd like an admin review.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Yes I would like a Review. It seems people who don't sing from the same sheet are the ones getting warnings who defines what is antagonising. Asking what further can be done is not antagonising It's simple a question they chose not to answer.

H. H. Asquith

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hi @xxxxxxl ,

I have reviewed this and I agree with the warnings given, you were trolling the thread, warnings upheld.

As @ancapailldorcha said, you need to reconsider your posting style, however I am going to go further and say you have been a member since June and your record is appalling. With this sort of record, it won't be long until you pick up a siteban.

Improve the quality of your contributions and stay off our radar.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement