Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut Shops - Cashback with In-App Purchases - 3% with Amazon + other retailers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

@andrew1977 just got my cash back now, if you haven’t received yours maybe raise the issue on chat and you should get sorted. I had screenshots of most recently used stores from The Revolut app which I forwarded.

Post edited by amber2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

Looks like the Cashback amount is now 2% instead of 3%

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Moving2017

Dunnes is gone from it now also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

i just spotted that while doing an amazon order

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

It says "Up to 3%" now, but I can't find anywhere that is doing more than 2% at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 adventures

What a total waste of time Revolut 

stupid gimic, wasting so much time to get back money ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Any time I've used it I've had the cashback in minutes from amazon Nd dunnes

The gimmick has worked great for me, I’ve got loads of cashback over the last few weeks without an issue

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Didnt work In store in Ken blacks for me the other day. It did for me there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Mine says 2.5% now but it was good while it lasted

I've €26 that I wouldn't have had otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Got a few Euros off here and there but nobody was ever going to be a millionaire on the back of this. A bit like the 10c PTSB give for card transactions up to a €5 a month. I look at these small cashback amounts as a contribution towards banking fees or online booking charges.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

AMZ now 2%, title needs to be updated

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Topcashback is giving 2.5%

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Moroil (home heating oil I guess) are listed. Decent cash back there (assuming their prices are competitive)

Mr oil too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

I’ve done pretty well so far 😅 Made a few large purchases I had been planning anyway, free money back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That's just on AMZ device purchases e.g. Kindle, Echo

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Yea just noticed myself last night when I was going to the till, Was good when it lasted...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Bought something in Currys, but in Shop - shop assistant says I would get cashback if I paid via revolut - so I did - but it didnt register for cash back in the app - is this eligable if not done online anyone know? Who would I chase this up with if it was?

Reasonably big purchase so would be nice to get the credit if I was due....

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

@ozmo did u click on shop with cashback with Currys link in app before paying. That activates the cashback Should work then. If you did that and it didn’t work contact them via chat.

smyths have been removed now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭Raoul

Fairly poor from revolut that all these shops are leaving already. Very disappointed to lose Dunnes already.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Shops probably gave a quota against what could be claimed, and claimed it was. But yeah, I guess I check revolut these days to see if there's cash back, Vs not using it at all before. That'll die off though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

My first instinct about this cashback offer was that Revolut were attempting to gain some of Paypals business as the 3% is similar to Paypals merchant fees, though they can can vary a bit.

I wonder now if some companies are fine tuning their cashback offers to match their Paypal fees and those companies that didn't get much payment through Paypal are pulling out of cashback altogether?

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

The bigger retailers seem to have left quickly so perhaps the deal expired when a predetermined figure was met. Also it seemed to have a dry run feel to it hardly a promo that was launched in a blaze of publicity. The option appeared on people's log in screen randomly and went from view again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Your cashback via the store mini app will depend on your account.

2% for standard, plus, 2.5% for premium, 3% for metal and up to 5% on selected shops for Ultra.

At least that is my understanding, but I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

I think you're right. I'm on premium and get 2.5% on most merchants listed (tried 7-8 of the popular ones like amazon, woodies, nike, myprotein).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

It looks like what happens when you click on the link to go to the shop is that Revolut's system will provide cashback on the next charge from the store independent of which device you complete the transaction.

I wanted to buy a last-minute thing from Amazon Italy, so I opened the Revolut App - clicked the tracking link in the store mini app and it opened Amazon.co.uk on the mobile device.

Then I went to the laptop and completed the transaction on a web browser and voila within seconds of Amazon Italy charging me cashback came.

thats correct and it seems to stay live for the rest of the day, i used amazon multiple times a day having activated the link that morning

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭ECookie13

It works with lots of brick-and-mortar stores also; click the link and then pay in-store shortly afterwards with your Revolut physical card and cashback comes in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

Does it work with curve gbit when you go through link, topup your card then switch cards through curve? As it looks like a new transaction is made when using curve gbit right?

Advertisement