Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for Dad

• 05-12-2018 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

keeping it short

He's 68
    doesn't drink
    doesn't smoke
    likes tech stuff
    has loads of laptops , desktops

guys life literally evolves around work

no interest in clothes / books etc

wrecking my head to try get a fun gift from the fat red fella

any idea's ???
    Post edited by Posy on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

What about a drone if he's into tech?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

thanks , he's not that into it

loves laptops and tablets and has all

maybe a good accessory for one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

What about a dashcam?

juke wrote: »
    What about a dashcam?

cheers

but he has no interest at all

this guy wears shoes with tracksuit bottoms with a shirt and jumper ha ha , no interest in style , fashion , dashcams etc

live is work and pc's

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Jesus, 68 with no interests only work :(

How about a good weather station that feeds data straight to his laptop, streams it online for him to view ??

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    Jesus, 68 with no interests only work :(

How about a good weather station that feeds data straight to his laptop, streams it online for him to view ??

think he's a lost cause tbh

he's old school , use to just want a phone for the red and green button nothing else

usually get him trainers and a tshirt but he must have a wardrobe full of that crap now

even just some gadget that might be funny

i got him an inflatable zimmer frame and cane ( just for a laugh ) but want to get him an actual present

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭davo2001

likes tech stuff
    has loads of laptops , desktop

How about an amazon echo or echo dot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

How about a telescope you can plug into the laptop?

Might be a nice techy thing for him to tinker around with and get him into a new hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lena11

Yeah I've a non drinker/ non smoker too with no handy hobbies like Golf or football and a wardrobe full of gifts. I go with magizine subscriptions sometimes (maybe there is a PC mag he reads regularily or an online paper subscription ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What about some ties or even a tie rack? Let me guess. He does not wear ties?

I got my Dad an electrical tie rack one year as he has hundreds of ties. So handy just presses the button it goes rounds and he stops it when it comes to a tie he feels like wearing lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Book a meal out somewhere for just the two of ye, regardless of how little interests he has, he surely has to eat.

time spent together is worth more than some useless nicknack that'll likely end up sitting in the back of a cupboard somewhere.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

This thread was started over 4 years ago, so I hope the OP has gotten sorted since then!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement