Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why is there misleading information on the banking 365 app?

Options
  • 03-12-2022 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭

I got locked out of my banking 365 account last night. I’ve no idea why this happened as I was trying to do a transfer and the ‘swipe to approve’ function wasn’t working. I now get the following message when I try to log in. Your 365 online account is blocked Several unsuccessful attempts to access your profile have been made. For security it has now been blocked. For help to unblock it, call the appropriate number below. Republic of Ireland Charges may apply 0818 365 365 Northern Ireland and Great Britain Charges may apply 0345 7 365 555 Other locations (RoI) Charges may apply +353 1 404 4000 Other locations (NI/GB) Charges may apply +44 345 7365 555 Other locations (Republic of Ireland)Other locations (Northern Ireland/ Great Britain) Opening hours Republic of Ireland: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday and 10am to 4pm Saturdays and Sundays. Northern Ireland and Great Britain: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 2pm on Saturdays. Closed on Sunday. When I call the number listed, I have to go through several options before eventually getting to a message saying that the number of staff has been reduced and the phone service is only available from Monday to Friday. This is in spite of the message above stating that the service is available from 10 am to 4 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. It was very frustrating to spend lots of time trying to get through only to find out that the opening hours have changed without the app/website being updated to reflect this change. This is atrocious customer service and I would welcome an explanation as to how and why this is allowed to happen. In the meantime, I have no way of making a transfer, which is urgently needed by the recipient.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We're very sorry to hear that this has been your experience. We can assure you that our customer service team is available today untill 2pm on 0818365365. To speak with an advisor please select option 1, option 2 enter your account number and then option 4. I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

Hi Jen

Thank you for your response. However, what you say above is incorrect. I did what you suggested and got through to the same message as before. I suggest you try calling the number yourself and you will see that the service is no longer available outside normal office hours.

As I was concerned that my account might have been hacked , I drove to the nearest Bank of Ireland ATM in order to check my balance. This appears to be in line with what I was expecting, so that’s a relief.

But it doesn’t solve the problem of not being able to make the transfer or unblock my account until next Monday.

And it is worrying that not only has the app/website not been updated to reflect this recent change in working hours, but the person responsible for looking after this thread on Boards has not been informed of the change.

I appreciate that it’s not your fault that you haven’t been informed of the change, Jen. But whoever is responsible for managing customer service has really taken their eye off the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience. Please be assured that our customer service team are available from 9am-5pm weekdays and 10am-2pm on Saturday. To speak to an agent, the options are 1, 2, enter your account number and then 4.

To unblock your account, it would be necessary to contact the team. If you ever have any concerns about your account, our 24/7 security team are available on 1800946764. They can certainly check your account; however, they would not have the facility to unblock it.

Thanks, Megan

Thanks. This confirms my experience last weekend. I got my account unblocked on Monday, but it’s astonishing that BOI customer service staff are still unaware of the change in weekend hours. I was given the same incorrect information by the agent I spoke to yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi abff,

We can confirm the information we have provided here is correct. Our customer service team are available 9am-5pm Monday to Friday and 10am-2pm on Saturdays.

Thanks

Tara

Hi Tara

You and your colleagues keep saying that, but I can assure you that I tried several times on last Saturday morning and kept getting to a message saying that there was nobody there (other than the fraud line) until Monday at 9.

I am sick of tired of being told that I am either an idiot or a liar. Can you please, please check with your colleagues and ask them to confirm whether or not there was any non fraud related customer service available over the phone last Saturday or Sunday?

Maybe it was a one-off blip due to absences because of illness, but I’ve now reached the point that I’m not going to let this drop and I will be calling back later today to pursue this matter further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi abff,

We're sorry to hear you had difficulty connecting with the team. We can assure you this has been checked and our customer service team were available from 10am until 2pm on Saturday 3rd on 0818 365 365 for customer service queries.

Thanks

Tara

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

@tphase

Hi there.

The Bank of Ireland Company Representatives are on hand to provide the most relevant and up to date information. This is to best resolve customer queries as quickly and efficiently as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,123 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

was my post deleted from this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

This post was removed from the thread because it suggested that Official Company Representative from Bank of Ireland was a "Bot". The representatives are active human users who are there to provide the most accurate information they can.

i’m astonished that you keep sticking to the same story.

I did exactly as instructed by Jen on Saturday and I got through to a message saying there was nobody available until Monday.

I am going to phone Bank of Ireland customer service now to discuss this matter further.

I asked a question. They just posted the same boilerplate reply as previously that completely ignored the responses by users so asking if they were a bot was quite relevant.

Ok, so I spoke to someone in customer service. They confirmed that reduced services are provided at weekends because of staffing levels. In order to speak to someone last Saturday, I would have had to claim that my card had been stolen or there was a fraudulent transaction on my account.

I don’t know why Bank of Ireland can’t be upfront and just say this. Then people wouldn’t waste their time trying to get problems sorted that in reality can’t be dealt with outside normal business hours.

So they told you that you had to lie in order to speak to somebody?

Not in those exact words. But that was what I inferred from what I was told and this approach was confirmed by a friend who said that she had found this workaround when she was looking to talk to someone at the weekend.

Advertisement