Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tuskrus II - Revealify

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Purple something or other comes in with 5 points for Sorcerer's Apprentice

Notes:

this brings back a memory or two. another case of a song composed too tightly with the visuals. which doesn't really lend itself too heavily to audio only. i just want to fast forward so much. song only really gets going at 2.5 minutes. sorry i can't listen. I'mma give it a score based on memory.

(it's been nearly two years and my brain aint what it used to be. don't take it personally purp :D)

@Necro grabs himself a nice 19 points for litlle wonders - rob thomas

Notes:

rob thomas u say. is this the guy from smooth with santana or is that a completely different person i'm thinking of? i like the start. nice vocals. what's it from? it's very nicely produced. all the levels fit together nicely. bit boring now tbh. yeah i like the resolve in the vocals. it's nothing special tbh. just a grand decent song. Could have this on in the background and listen to it 12 times before realising you were listening to the same song on repeat. and then get pissed off about it.

@mustang sally with the last 4 points before the bottom three.... and the King of Pride Rock

Notes:

hans. you can't go wrong with hans. top lad. proper music here. like if you didn't know what it was from, you could mistake for being directly off a classical music album. I actually go round humming this main melody a lot of the time. it's had such an effect on me. we go into the jestery movement now and back to some more serious tones. evil tones. man has mastered music development. it's a full on epic story built out in just music notes. something bad is afoot. it's fantastic. but. but. it's not getting me there in walrus terms. It's too ambient and environmental to really get me going. although that main melody. my god. like 20 years later and it still hurts everytime i hear it. rip mufasa

Homer rounds out the peasantry with 4th place and 20 points for Grand Escape

Notes:

ping ping. tring tring. ooh flutey. ooh tubular. I'm into this off the bat. head bopping side to side. yes. balance is delightful. oh some unexpected lyrics. They don't seem to fit very well, but are indeed lovely. oh there was lovely resolution in the last bar there. serious vibes in there. I'm getting hints of a song i know, melody wise, but I can't pin it down. taking the lyrics and melody completely out of the music. it's amazing. into a chorusy bit. this is just wonderful. drum rip. OH god. full on choral stuff. this kind of thing always gets me. so uplifting. i'm heavily invested in this. COME on. Let's break through. Oh wait. it's over. WHAT. Must say i really really enjoyed that

HERE WE GO!

• Advertisement

In third last we have @speckle with I'm Still Here from Treasure Planet

Notes:

I don't think i've ever seen treasure planet. here we go. nice intro. low vox. easy listening. nothing exciting. pretty boring tbh. ok we move into some more lively vibes. decent. but boring. i want to turn it off already. finding this walrus more dificult, because there are songs like this that aren't necessarily bad, but they aren't really great either. ok i'm finished.

In Third top place, @ShaneU with 21 points for Landon Pigg & Lucy Schwartz - Darling I Do

Notes:

easy breazy intro. oh soft and airy vocals. the female's vocals are beautiful. the males are good too, but i was taken aback by her's . not sure if I know this song. doesn't ring a bell. i like it. youre one is tickling my fancy quite nicely. I think i may add this to my own performances. a lovely song to sing.

Second Last place captures a rogue @Spook_ie with Everything is Awesome from the Lego Movie

Notes:

choon. i love this song haha. although u know it's one of those that is fantaastic the first few times u hear it. this is mostly just chatting in the movie tho :/ ok i couldn't finish cos the movie was annoying me

@Trigger takes second with Immortals - Fall out Boy (Big Hero 6) and bags a delightful 22 points.

Notes:

oh yeah. nice intro. sounds very michael jacksony, this vocal. i like it. ooh ooh ooh oooh. yeah i'm down for this. yeah. oh some glitchy vocals there. me like. this is a belter. i feel like this is soooo familiar. is it stealing from an older song, or is it just that i know it? mad. feels strange. I really like it. never really paid much attention to falloutboy, but this is surprisingly up my alley. love the kind of asian undertones. the imoo-ooo-ooo bit is tidy. that break just at the end there into the riff was a bit abrupt. but enjoyed that.

And now the final two entrants....

We have @JohnGreenFan & @JP Liz V1... who will take the top spot, and who sounds like a hot snot?

• Advertisement

The Polar express - Tom Hanks - 1 point for Johnboy

Notes:

ding ding ding. allll aboard. chucka chucka chucka. drummadrum drummadrum drummadrum. nice beats. oh, sounds a bit like a metalica song mixed with pink panther. ok now we're into a proper oliver twist level tune. trying to like it, but not really getting there.hmmmmm. the melody is catchy, but jaysus tom hanks should have sat this out. listening without the video gives you a different perspective. Chitty chitty bang bang vibes, without the charisma. let down tbh.

Which means Lizzo gets the trophy and 23 points for Post Malone and Swae Lee - Sunflower from SpiderMan Into the SpiderVerse

Notes:

jesus was spiderverse 4 years ago. that's mad. vibes from the get go. ey eyh. bouw bouw. oh the vocals are interesting. i love a bit of techvocals. the odd glitch and tweak. yeah this is very nice. I really like. i've heard of swae lee, but never actively listened. this will make me chek them out more. i like this a lot. i think this will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

Trigger		22	22	44
    levar		23	16	39
    BJ		19	14	33
    Deja Boo	18	13	31
    Liz		7	23	30
    ShaneU		9	21	30
    Sawduck		21	8	29
    Irish Aris	17	9	26
    necro		6	19	25
    Kolido		10	15	25
    Rikand		11	12	23
    Fixxer		12	11	23
    Hopmer		1	20	21
    EN		3	18	21
    phatkev		15	6	21
    Jgf		20	1	21
    Mustang Shelly	16	4	20
    Baggly		2	17	19
    purp		13	5	18
    Speckle		14	3	17
    Osh		5	10	15
    Arghus		4	7	11
    Spook		8	2	10

New boards is crap for doing walrus. But hey, there yis are.

I may do round 3 in the next 16 months or so. Stay tuned, and congrats to trigs for taking top spot

• Registered Users Posts: 84,975 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Oh hey remember Walrus?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

This was supposed to be my entry for the incredible drum track song (round 5??)😅

Cant remember what I selected for the track from an animated movie but it definitely wasnt this! Cant image do many animators going for the French death metal vibe🤣🤣

Advertisement