Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 NFL regular season thread - discussion (no picks)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Trevor Lawrence has been incredible on the last few drives for the Jags today. Massive throws to almost certainly win the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,861 ✭✭✭Christy42

Some insane throws and really cool on the 2 point conversion. My heart was in my mouth for that Tucker field goal attempt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BilboNaggins

Patty doing patty things as usual.

Kc looking like they going through the gears slowly, 10 to 3 clocking winding to half time. JuJu takes it inside the 40 now to close the drive out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,321 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

When I seen it was accurate I was certain it was good but he came up short. Delighted for the Jags.

First quarter just ended, Jalen Hurts 33 passing yards, 103 rushing yards and this is high scoring. Missed pat means it's 14-13 Packers at the end of the first but Philly are 2nd and goal at the 2.

Rodgers looks really good tonight.

• Advertisement

Packers missed pat and it's 20-20 halfway through the second quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,630 ✭✭✭hynesie08

If Jordan love somehow wins this, there's gonna be some interesting questions asked in Green Bay tomorrow.

All over now 40-33 to Philly.

I think Rodgers is done with the Packers. I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay down with the injury for the rest of the season and let Love at it. If he works out then Aaron can walk at the end of the season.

Love looked very good tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭boccy23

The Seattle real 12th man was bizarre. Will they get in trouble I wonder??

I agree AR is gone from GB. Love is disliked but I'd say he could swing favour if he matures as a QB. Every week I'm waiting for eagles to fall apart, looks like 2017 but chiefs pip them to it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭cosatron

i wouldn't say love is disliked, i think there is dislike for the pick by the gm at the time when we needed a wide receiver badly and could've moved up 3 spots to Jefferson. It really doesn't matter who is at qb when your defence gives 500 yards and 29 first downs, one move i really want to see is Joe Barry fired, he was a bad hire as the time and has shown to be so, considering the amount of first round draft picks on defence.

The impression i got was loves arrogance drew him into direct conflict with GB fans due to their loyalty to AR. Its becoming a bit of a circus from top to bottom at Green Bay for the potential they actually hold is scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,215 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It was the same when Favre (my all time favorite QB) was being pushed out. The packers got bad value for his career too. Having two all time greats at the position concurrently for 2+ decades and only 2 SBs to show for it is terrible.

No one knows what Love is, at this point, but once you write off the season it doesnt make sense not to throw him in and evaluate. You won't get much back for trading him now anyway.

i know its crazy, favre was the reason i started following the packers. We just make life so hard for ourselves. The only 2 times we had legitimate defences in my time following the packers we won 2 superbowls after that, there has been miscues, mistakes, fumbles, etc

Not a packers fan here, patriots fan for 20 years+ but always had a soft spot for GB. Its a similar transition for GB now that NE is going through after Brady.

Its very like the Favre situation with a first round pick sitting on the bench for three years.

Rodgers went at 24, Love at 26.

Love looked really good last night. Commentators said he's been getting Wednesdays with the firsts with Rodgers taking the day off over his thumb.

It'll be interesting to see what's he's like with a full week if practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,832 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Especially when they have to decide on his 5th year option in the offseason. They need to see him play or they'll likely end up screwing themselves one way or the other

Yeah, the injury to Rodgers couldn't have come at a better time for them. Aaron won't be in any rush back with the season over so they'll get plenty of time to decide if they want to take up that fifth year.

The cost of a fifth year option for someone who hasnt played is "the average of the third through 25th highest salaries at a player's position", so likely to be pretty high for a QB. Probably (without seeing the numbers) at least $20m? Add that to AR's $50m+ and you've allocated a large part of the cap to two offensive players who won't ever be on the field together.

I can't see them picking up the option unless either they are moving on from AR, or they found a trade partner for Love. He was a first rounder, but the back end of the first. Not like he was in the top 5 or 10.

This is why I'm saying it reminds me of the Favre situation. Favre wanted out and retired then unretired then kept giving hints to the media that he was being badly treated by the board.

Aaron Rodgers got his opportunity, Favre got his move and everybody was happy. Rodgers was unproven just like Love but they get to start him now and see what they've got. I'm pretty sure Rodgers would love to go to a team ready to have a serious run at the Superbowl like the Bucs if Brady retires or maybe the Titans, Jets, Giants or even team up with DeVante in Vegas. I'm leaving out the Vikings be aise I didn't think he'd go there but Cousins is on a one year contract.

It's pretty clear that Rodgers is fed up of what's going on in Green Bay. He bust his ass and then they draft a QB in the first round instead of a badly needed WR. Then they won't pay Adams and he's gone leaving him with Lazard, Cobb and a rookie. Watson spent the whole of training camp injured and didn't really get going until a couple of weeks ago.

I'm pretty certain he wants out.

• Advertisement

Jeff Saturday in charge and the Colts offensive line is horrendous. 16-3 Steelers at the half. Nothing major going on in this game.

Kenny Pickett had a 7 consecutive pass completion streak, he's 14 of 18 for 135 yards 0 TDs 0 picks and has 34 rushing yards. Najee Harris got the rushing TD.

Matt Ryan, well he is 5 of 13 for 36 yards 0 TDs and 1 int. He's had no time in the pocket, it's surprising he has only been sacked once, he's been hurried, hit and pressured a lot.

Time of possession in that first half was 22 mins to 8 in favour of the Steelers.

Aaron Rodgers leading the NFC in TD passes -with a broken thumb - is one of the wildest stats in the NFL this season or the NFC is piss poor this year

Seen that the other day.

It's just down to the fact that green Bay don't run the ball as much as others, so reliance is on AR.

Sure Jimmy G has only thrown for 8, think it's

Aaron,

Jalen hurts

Brady- Prescott

Yeah Hurts is second in TD passes with 17 and he's run for 8 as well.

7-3 Patriots with four minutes left in the first. Mac Jones looking really good again. Marcus Jones took it in from way out. He's Belichick's dream, plays ST's, defense and now offense. He's listed as a cornerback.

Jaylen Brown drains a 35 foot jumper to bring the game to overtime. Heat players must be sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

Hurts 17 TD passes. Jimmy G 16. Both are behind Goff, Cousins, Geno & Rodgers!

Chiefs looking strong here since falling behind early on.

Mahomes needs better receivers. I'm very surprised they aren't in the Odell sweepstakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,861 ✭✭✭Christy42

Seems like Jimmy G is done for the season. So Brock Purdy is their starter for now and I am not sure there is anyone else they can bring in at this point to play. Still Brock played well last night and if there is one team that can survive with their 3rd string QB it is the 49ers.

Also a good story as Brock Purdy is Mr. Irrelevant and a rookie.

Advertisement