Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How prevalent to have not caught COVID after long term exposure?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Nope none have symptoms and they’ve tested negative each day since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Covid is airborne. You could pick it up in the shop, so you you won't always know where you caught it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭AmberGold

After spending lots of time travelling, flights, eating out, etc. since COVID began I was convinced I was invincible. Tested positive Tuesday for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

We were the same until a few weeks ago then all five of us in the family got it. At least it made isolating easy! The latest variants seem to very infectious indeed.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

20/M/4 jabs

In a house of 6 I'm the only one who has never had it. We were all tested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have it at the moment as does my son. My daughter doesn't. Their mam and her partner are all negative. My partner and her son don't have it. None of her family have it (all love with her). So it makes it harder to try and figure out who got it first.

Second time for me to get it since March. First for my son (that he has tested positive for. May have had it before as he's currently asymptomatic).

Triple vaxxed

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Breeal

Didn’t have it at all untilacouple of weeks ago, a massive nothing burger. Pureblood.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭amacca

How would you know if you got it or not if you were unsymptomatic would be my question

Unless you had a lab on your doorstep and were PCR testing all day every day etc

I mean to the best of my knowledge I never contracted it but how can I be sure that's actually the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Breeal

Asymptomatic diagnosis is something only backed up by PCR tests and PCR tests were never meant for doagnosis, especially at the cycle threshold the tests are run at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My Dad and I are still trooping along and proud members of the no-covid club. My sister has had it twice, once in the first October in England then a few months ago in S. Korea. My mother also had it twice and it's a mystery how Dad hasn't had it.

I live in the UAE so I was being tested every week/two weeks for a very long period of time (in triple figures of testing 🤪) so I think I would have caught it even if asymptomatic. I'm now living life as if it's not a thing.

But I've noticed so many people getting it for a second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

Avoided it at work surrounded by children who don't have boundaries as it went through the room so many times.

Avoided it when husband & 2 kids had it last year.

Avoided it when I was a close contact so many times.

Until today. Faint line on antigen test. Thankfully just a slight headache & hopefully that's all I'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I know a guy in late 40s who is unvaxxed and has never tested positive for Covid despite being surrounded by it. His family are all vaxxed and have each had 2 bouts of Covid. He is a fit man but he swears by Vitamin D supplements.

I know one other young adult who has never tested positive for Covid but some people held out until very recently.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭looksee

One member of the family had a very bad cold for most of a week after having been on antibiotics for infected sinuses the previous week. Testing negative all along. Then after a week of the cold she tested positive, but is less sick now than over the past couple of weeks. Confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,853 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Jinxed it after posting in this thread. Caught it in November. Thankfully it was very mild.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No one can reasonably know they have not been infected at all given how asymptomatic this virus can be

• Registered Users Posts: 27,388 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement