Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Photo Sharing

• 21-11-2022 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi - can anyone recommend a good way of sharing photos online with a wide family group ?. I have dozens of old family Christmas pics - all scanned - and I'd like to make them available to 20+ cousins. If I can start this - the others may well have more pics to upload. It's mostly pics of our parents and grandparents - all long gone. Could become a real family archive.

Ideally nothing too complicated, or where they all have to register or load software ideally (unless they take the bait and want to start uploading !!). Something like Flickr ??.

Thanks,

K

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Flickr would work. Upload images into an album and send the link to people. Otherwise create an album on Facebook and only share with specific people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

I wouldn't use Flickr (or most of the photo sharing sites) as they compress the images even further. The simplest way is to use dropbox or google drive etc. That way you can share the original quality files.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

The original uploaded file is always available on Flickr, and you can set access permissions on it IIRC. They even used to do a thing whereby if you uploaded a TIF it would keep the original and create all the normal resizes for display. Don't know if they still do that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Raven_k42

Thanks for the replies folks, K

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Cameraman

Another option is Google Photos - I use a shared album for something very like this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement