Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Model Train selling Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Silly question I suppose but would your FIL not have connections in the model railway collector's world?

A starting point might be the Frey model railway museum in Malahide - they might be able to help or be connected with local clubs of which I'm sure there must be many.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I second T-Maxx's suggestion to work through the model railway clubs.

For a direct or local sale it's a good way.

Plus, have you considered placing an ad or several for each item in Adverts.ie ?

We don't have ads here at Forums, but you can post a cross link here in a "mention" post, showing the link to your Adverts ad.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Facebook is what your looking for, there are a number of Irish Model Train groups that would have members who would snap this lot up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Can you point me to a group please, just helping the FIL our.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

I had a large amount of Marklin Gauge 1 track and rolling stock a few years back. I tried some of the clubs but there wasn't interest in large scale stuff. Eventually a guy from Lucan rang and he was looking for Gauge 1. He bought the lot, so try Donedeal as well. I'd love to see your FIL's outdoor setup. It looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sell in the UK where they put value in it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

It won't let me post up a facebook group link (new Boards....) but if you go into facebook and type Irish model trains into the search bar you get plenty of results. There are groups just for buying and selling or the larger modelling groups for guys based in Ireland.

Advertisement