Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch joycon repair

• 22-10-2022 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I know this is not a retro console but thought I might get a better response here than in the Nintendo section.

I’m trying to replace the SR / SL board on one of my joycons but I can’t get it to grip the new cable. I’m wondering if the latch might be broken and that’s what’s caused the issue. I’ve attached a couple of zoomed in pics of the connector in the up and down positions but it’s difficult to make out much.

Bit of a long shot but just in case anyone had a similar situation and spotted something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I've disconnected them many times on Joy Cons and never had an issue - maybe ensure the latch is perpendicular to the main PCB when trying to insert the ribbon cable connector. It should be fully pushed flush to the PCB in the open state...if that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Danick

Followed this video after I had damaged the top of the flap for one of the ribbons. Until I saw this video I didn't realise there was a grey flap at the back that needed to be lifted up. I put it back together. They joycon works to a point - the A button works in the main menu to start Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy. I can't skip the intro with the A button and when I get the press A to continue on screen prompt pressing the A button does nothing. Here is the strange bit if I go back to the main menu then the A button works again - its not the game as it works with a different joycon - could damaging the top bar that keeps the ribbon in place be the problem or is it something else? Thanks

Advertisement