Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Punting , Providing Selections & Chatting Gibberish ; & I Intend To Do So On Hyah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

5.30 Wolves FISCAL POLICY 7/1 WIN NB

lightly raced and improving,, went off fav lto where beaten ~5lgths o'er t'trip at Gosforth Park.. don't think he had a great draw in box one that day,, luuks like one what will appreciate a bend,, should be a lot of pace on as is App race,, can go well from hold-up ride, as shown when winning on his penultimate run at Kemmers,, is drawn in box 10, so will presume Daniel Kubler's colt will be held up,, sports first-time c/p to bolster us 'opes.,, generally available 7s seems fair,, will do me as win only pick here,, gave them all the once over and nothing stands out - even as each way pick,, can see him going off at 5s or less

gl

7,00 Wol

wide open this and hard to get a line on how it'll pan out

two win picks at good prices:

ALMODOVAR DEL RIO 13/2 WIN , MIN TILL 14/1 EW price looks too big to not go each way on Mick Easterby's filly

one more

8.30 Wolves

EXCEEDINGLY SONIC 18/1 WIN

no good lto over 7f on turf,, that was probably too sharp and likely a factfinding mission for new connections,, has a good draw in one is the angle, and can potentially dictate fractions here,,

they're not giving away much going ~11s on Hooflepuff here; topweight has won multiple times at course, but has done nothing in four runs for latest connections,, worth a mention, but not worth a punt at the current odds of reward, imo

'night 'nd g'luck ☺️

3.40 Southwell

THESE HAPPY DAZE 30/1 EW

good price,, topweight, 2nd run h'cap., going on his 2nd two runs back, he should like the trip and the good going,, jockey a big unknown tho

2.10 Newcastle

GLITTERING CHOICE 18/1 EW , SOARING STAR 50/1 EW NAP

mebbe stick in @Bearwith for cmbi 'casts 😊

• Advertisement

5.30 Wolves FISCAL POLICY 7/1 WIN NB

9/1 gen now - nowt wrong with that price 4 @Fiscal Policy!

Saturday 12th Nov

start off wiv Amateur jocks' race ta git us eye in :)

Wolverhampton - Standard

two picks in opener - 4places a fifth available

5.00 BROUGHTONS FLARE 16s EW NB

poor strike rate at the course, but is a former CD winner,, hit crossbar o'er CD two runs back, so's in form... plenty like to lead/be up with pace in this here racee, and Broughtons Flare is one what goes well from off the pace,, jockey etc has to be taken on trust - as do most of them - no doubt about that,, looks about a 9/1 shot to me ats,,

RAFFLES REBEL 25/1 WIN

never heard of jockey, but @Jason Dixon aint got no claimee 'ere, so must've ridden a few wunners in his time,, horse don't make much appeal, and it's only one piece of form what gives Phil Kirby's 4-y-o a chance here, i feel (his held-up 4th over CD from back in May of this year) ; and, as well as that, his current price is at a 'too big to overlook' one,,

2picks hopefully be held up 'nd come fast 'nd hard 'nd late - should be no real worries about 'gaps appearing' , hopefully,, will hope they (esp BF) git 'settled' early doors to give 'em fighting squeake

g'l

chance one more

7.00 Wolverhampton PORFIN 8/1 EW - fekkit, missed da 14s 'early doors' :( ,,,, nowt wrong with 8 to one tho, apart from it be a lot less than 14 to one 🙂

could mekk several cases for many here, but Phil McEntee's 4yo ticks most boxes - and is a seemingly generous looking price to boot,, is CD winner, drawn low enough in box 4 for to chase t'pace - as be 'is wont, nd young Molly (who can boast a win previous on ye picke - in August App race at Lingers) tekks off seven,, also, number one female on this hyah forum likes this son of Belardo an' all ,, shoute oute to one o' us fav posters in @Msj@utis 😂 🙂🤗

fare thee well puntin' boardsies ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Fil Dor (12.55 NAAS) & Banbridge (13.45 Cheltenham) - 9/2 double.

Stolen Silver (14.20) - 5/1 single

All three in a treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

lol, I'm only reading it here now. Yes, I was analysing Porfin's chances earlier today and decided to back him at the end, unsuccessfully as we already know... He seemed to encounter some traffic problems and failed to grab a place, no chance of winning that though.

• Advertisement

don't think traffic problems were the real problem there j

.. might have got placed if that split didn't close late on, and jockey did nae have to switch

thought she went too wide meself, did Molly - reckon she should have stayed where she was, instead of looking for daylight early

strange price fluctuations too on Porfin - seemed to be ~4/1 fav a cupla hours before t'race

:)

last one today

8.30 Wolves

STREET LIFE 11/1 WIN

if he breaks well, he can potentially make all here,,, never heard of jockey Billy Loughnane before today, but he takes off a handy seven,, I see Dave (relation of Billy?) Loughnane also has Kim Wexler here, who looks to have a live chance @9/2

7/4 fav, and yet to win after 14 races, Reigning Profit, looks eminently opposable, imo

visor worked oracle, cos well supported (~5s earlier methinks) fav Reigning Profit was way too good for 'em

#someone'knew' !

no much good 2day, 'nd cards upcoming don't look v appealing

all three cards tomorrow are on good, or on ground close to good, in middle of Novembere ffs

think i'll leave off studying for a whilee

just the one race of interest, on a/c of marathon trip

two EW picks @4plcs 1/5 odds

Cheltenham - Good

MIGHTY THUNDER 12/1 , FORGOT TO ASK 9/1

one from either end of h'cap

g'luck :)

Monday 14th Novembre

Plumpton: Chase: good-good to soft in places; hdle: good to soft

pi$$ing rain hereabouts, so t'same in Blighty p'raps?

will go with one what shouldn't mind either good or soft ground, at a favourable price

Charlie sends Grozni over for this ~2.5m Novices' Hurdle,, has been running well over similar trips here, but makes zero appeal @ 8/11,, good ground will surely suit, but little to go on as regards soft should it rain,, breeding suggests it be fine tho,, nonetheless, will likely chance plce-lays if similar price 2moro

my pick for this is NORTHERN POET 10/1 EW,, been off for quite a while, but can go well after an absence,, has only the one win, but seems to be improving,,, looks about a 6 or 7 to 1 shot to me,, has tried various running styles, so thinking is if he's ready after his break, he can hopefully 'go in or hit the crossbar' as connections should know how to get the best from him by now 😋

g'l

Plumpton

1.10 Northern Poet 10/1

1.40 Kalaya 33 to1

3.40 Allardyce 18/1 , El Hageb Rose 20/1

Ew doubles 'nd trbles for shrapnel,,,,, and hope 😃

a couple on the flat

Wolverhampton - Standard

AMALFI GEM 6/1 WIN , THE GLOAMING 6/1 WIN

shows how sh*te racing is 2moro, when books are going 4 plcs a fifth on an 11 runner race (normally it be's 12 r more, afore they offer 'xtra place' ) ,, no nevermind, as me's jus gonna go Wun only 😂

+rev f'cst

that'll do me :)

g'l all

I couldn't find THE ONE in the 6:30 race, so I just leave it be...

Fav Fair And Square in 7:00 hasn't won in 26 starts but got placed over CD 4/5, I'm not sure that enough to inspire much confidence.

In 7:00 race, Nacho, 3 times CD winner, is on the drift after finishing 2nd over CD lto in slightly stronger race, strange... I think I'm just gonna watch replays later and make a few notes, I have no alerts on any of them, except the Sol Cayo in 8pm race but I don't think he can reverse placings with favorite today.

• Advertisement

Tons of money for Aconcagua Mountain in 7pm race, wins decisively... it's not for us mortals to know those tricks.

yep, that's how it goes :(

pretty much zero in the line of any kind of form at all (bar a sole win on the turf, and no AW form, and, apart from the Redcar win, nothing decent at all) that Jardine horse had,,, they don't call his a "shrewd" stable for nothing 🤣

couldn't be up to them 🧠🙂

shouldn't be so indecisive missus 🤣 😂 bad break not backing a winner ats 😪

moving forward, skipping tomorrow (well, 'today' now - mere semantics 😄) and on tee Wodin's

Wednesday 16th Nov

Kempton: Standard to Slow

8,0'c

gave this one a #good look

thoughts:

pen landed on four possibles - 14 declared, so 1/7 there be four places on offer :D:D

SISTERS IN THE SKY has solid place claims here,, 3-y-o & sports ft visor,, has a good draw (box 3) for one what likes to chase the pace,, paper has Roger Teal's gelding at 10 to 1, which is bigger than what i thought he'd be quoted at,,, has solid place claims, but, being by @Showcasing, i always see them as more 6furlong animals,, deffo will give further considerations anon

*LA RAV 7/1 in paper which is shorter than what i hoped for this one which limped off page, moreso than 'jumped' 😆 ,,, goes well on the AW (at least has in the past) over a mile, but i feel a fast run 7fs will suit,, worth win only consideration anyroad

FREE SOLO 8/1 ,, is another one by Showcasing,, dropping down the ratings,, place claims, but unlikely winner, i feel

*RING OF GOLD 10/1 ,, is CD winner (in Class6 last December) ,, lightly raced since and had two poor runs immediately after that win,, ran okay the last twice at Wolves & Southwell, with them races over a mile and the extended mile (at Wolves),,, seems to be back in form, and, if on a going day, this 5yo gelding would have sound win and place claims back on the poly over a seven furlong trip,, Crowley (probably not many peeps' fav jockey haha) tekks over from joanna

*if i had tae make us mind up now, and at the paper prices, i'd go WIN on LA RAV and EW on RING OF GOLD

also, will atm give 'favourables' to @Follow Your Heart and @Tashkeer, just in case 😊

#giv it a 'good look' , but aint really crunched it insofar as draws/how horses are drawn in this, and how likely they are to get into the positions they need be in, insofar as giving them t'best chance of giving a true account,, some picks' chances may be scuppered early doors if it's difficult for tae get a decent track position,,

,, nonetheless, i giv em all a decent look/once-over, and i don't give the other 10 horses outstanding claims here,, will give a bettere look anon :)

also on Wednesday::

Kempton 4.20

only looked at the early jolly Bedazzling ~evens on the probable/paper SP,,, could be a good thing, as won easy as lto over the same 6f trip at Chelmsford,, went off as the well-backed 8/11 fav that day, altho "Buffy's" filly didn't seem to have a lot to beat tbf,, 2nd favourite went off @11/2, so no real competition for her 'on paper' then,, she ran keen early doors, but her seat in box 4 probably helped somewhat,, also, she hit the front (May well do the same at @Kemmers on Wednesday an' all) about a furlong out - which probably helped her cause, as race were pretty much to bed at that stage,,

same may not happen in this particular race,,

will giv the rest of em a look at some stage, but atm will keep her in mind for win + place lays

Warwick - Good-good to soft in places

1.15 Warwick

following his easy Bumper win at Kempton, JP and Alan's Gitche Gumee followed up with an even more facile victory on his first go over the sticks, on his next outing, which were at ye Stratforde,, is even money on the early SP, and should take all t'beating here,, that Stratford win weren't recorded in the fastest of ye times tho,,

horse is making prices for everyfink else imo,,

will have a propa luuk at this race at some stage, and see if we can't find us a cupla each way alternatives to jolly - who's French bred, so is perhaps temperamental on account of his Latin origines 😁

on plus side - for favourite fans anyhoo - JP (different trainer in Danny Boy Skelton) won this race last year, and the race, at least (going by recent renewals anyroad) does seem to favour frontrunners/those racing close to the pace,,

that's all for me for now,,, g'night

Warwick - Good-good to soft in places

1.15 Warwick

following his easy Bumper win at Kempton, JP and Alan's Gitche Gumee followed up with an even more facile victory on his first go over the sticks, on his next outing, which were at ye Stratforde,, is even money on the early SP, and should take all t'beating here,, that Stratford win weren't recorded in the fastest of ye times tho,,

horse is making prices for everyfink else imo,,

will have a propa luuk at this race at some stage, and see if we can't find us a cupla each way alternatives to jolly - who's French bred, so is perhaps temperamental on account of his Latin origines 😁

on plus side - for favourite fans anyhoo - JP (different trainer in Danny Boy Skelton) won this race last year, and the race, at least (going by recent renewals anyroad) does seem to favour frontrunners/those racing close to the pace,,

two picks here:

AMRONS SAGE ~9/2 EW (obvious one tbs 😋) and a speculative one at a somewhat massivo pricee YOUCONDUIT ~25/1 EW

Kempton 4.20

only looked at the early jolly Bedazzling ~evens on the probable/paper SP,,, could be a good thing, as won easy as lto over the same 6f trip at Chelmsford,, went off as the well-backed 8/11 fav that day, altho "Buffy's" filly didn't seem to have a lot to beat tbf,, 2nd favourite went off @11/2, so no real competition for her 'on paper' then,, she ran keen early doors, but her seat in box 4 probably helped somewhat,, also, she hit the front (May well do the same at @Kemmers on Wednesday an' all) about a furlong out - which probably helped her cause, as race were pretty much to bed at that stage,,

same may not happen in this particular race,,

will giv the rest of em a look at some stage, but atm will keep her in mind for win + place lays

Sajwaan and Made Of Lir are the only two who look to hold any sort of claims here against t'hotpot,,

pen landed on SAJWAAN ~11/2 EW ,, again, not an unobvious selection in this 😟😋

hoping there be some scrimmaging early doors, as Made Of Lir (drawn in box 6) went to her left last time she tackled CD; sports f/t blinkers and should do better, but something could upset the box nine drawn jolly - clutch at straws tbs,,,, reckon jolly Bedazzling could go off 4/6, and, if odds on, will chance laying Bedazzling for places here

:)

Today: Tuesday 15th Nov

Newcastle - Standard to Slow

not liking 7/4 jolly Calluna here, but dat's just my opinion loike 😝

DESTINED 9/4 WIN should go very close here,, have a few pennies on @ ~7/2 on ye exchnge

THE ANGELUS BELLE 33/1 EW ,, outsider with a squeak on breeding i hope,, has good draw too

go with an 'outsider with a live squeak' here,, competitive looking Maiden tbs,,, that said, i think 5/2 jolly Lady Marie is vulnerable, at what looks a sharp enuf trip for t'daughter of Shamardal,, consider for place lays

RODBOROUGH 80/1 EW ,, has chance on breeding, as well as the first of her two runs, which was at t'course o'er minimum trip,, forget about her Redcar outing on t'heavee goingk

one pick'll do,, plenty of the raced ones can have claims made for them, imho, tho cannae get a solid line on them meself

chanced couple of EW dbles with Rodborough and the two seleczeeowns in 4.45

g'luck

My all fancies are shorties today... Not sure back them or not, it's hard to stay afloat backing at those prices.

• King Of The South 3:42
    • Champagne Sarah 5:15
    • MRS USA 5:45
    • Going Underground 7:15

In 7:45 Belle Fourche is the interesting one, still unexposed 3yo, but it's a amateurs jockey race, so no go.

nice winner there early doors @j@utis

😊

7.45 Newcastle ew 4plcs 1/5

slightly wary of the supported Jardine horse, but will leave Wee Fat Mac ~17/2 off here - unless i changes me mind 'nd go win only

think Bellagio Man ~9/2 and Eligible ~7/2 are vulnerable for t'places here

Pen landed on four, and will go a lil each way on dem,,

CORINTHIA KNIGHT 22/1 EW , SPARTAN FIGHTER 22/1 EW , GOLDEN APOLLO 13/2 EW & DANDYS GOLD 16/1 EW

no point trying to do an in-depth analysis here methinks 😃

Eligible, I think is worth chancing 3/4 plce-lays on , as has never even ran over this sharp a trip - let alone win #if shortening,,, no value atm, as they're asking 7/4 and 11/10 for the 3 and 4 places, respectively

think i'll be leaving place-lays off here

just do us 4 ew picks for coppers :)

• Advertisement

^^^

went win on Jardine horse in last , enuf 4me

Advertisement