Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Sergio really does not want to be liked judging by his behaviour this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,112 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

At least they mentioned injuries. Sergio just flaked off, further highlighting what a tool he is

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

If he shot 4 under instead of 4 over for the first round he might given the football a skip I'd say :)

Was he not planning to be in Wentworth though till Sunday?

• Advertisement

He needed to go really low just to make the cut so I'd imagine he made other plans for the weekend.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Patrick Reed tied for the lead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Loads of LIV players going well

LIV players flying it, Patrick Reed hits the front.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,112 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lot of those LIV players finishing up. Would be funny in one way if one of them were to win in fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

What a back nine from Rahm !

Hovland struggling under the pressure.

Shane playing really solid. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

Great win for Shane. Delighted for him. And a nice moment after Rory completed his round when he congratulated Shane.

Just looking at the field for this week’s event. The Nedbank Golf Challenge is a limited field, no cut event with a prize fund of $6m and 7000 DPWT points at stake and is the last counting event in the DPWT before the grand finale next week.

But only one of the top 7 players in the DPWT standings is taking part in the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

They don't care as they will have made it to the PGA Tour. I think the top 10 get a card now.

They have no concept that if the DPWT fails that they will not have an easier way back of they lose their card in the US.

Also they don't give a sh1t about the other lads that are coming along.

This sort of tournament should be made mandatory for the players and other big ones as well.

Could you blame them? 15 world ranking points versus 39 on the main tour. Wouldn't make sense for the top players to turn up.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I’m not blaming the players. I just see it as a symptom of how low the status of the European Tour has become. The rebranding as DPWT has pretty much destroyed any sense of identity and it’s hard to see any way back from the current situation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It was on Par with the PGA tour back in the day, then all the Europeans went to the PGA after Tiger drove prize money through the roof, then it was second to the PGA by some margin, now the minimum ranking gone and the Top 10 to the PGA rule it's another feeder tour and probably 3rd in tours after PGA and LIV

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,394 ✭✭✭Trampas

Looking at some of the names in your school

lucas bjerregaard. Another one who probably jumped to pga tour to quickly and paying the price.

chris wood. His exemptions finally up and been struggling for years.

stephen Gallacher. Only won a few years ago season before covid but poor last few season.

jarmo sandelin. I thought he retired.

Simon dyson. He retired also and working on tv for euro pro tour

aphibarnrat. Another one thought he’d do it on pga tour and didn’t and ends up losing it everywhere but leading in q school

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

Gary Hurley and John Murphy are the only 2 Irish to make the 72 hole cut at Q-school.

Hurley is in 6th spot on -16

Murphy is 35th spot on -9. -12 is currently needed to be in the top 25.

Todays cut came at -5 so Sharvin (-3), Caldwell (-2) and Dunne (Level) all miss out. Dunne had a good start today and was on -3 after 6 holes but unfortunately he couldn't push on from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭paulos53

Gary Hurley grew up playing in West Waterford, which is also the home course of Seamus Power. It would be extraordinary for such a small club to have 2 pros playing on the main tours.

He was also on the Walker Cup in the year that Ireland had 5 players. The others were Paul Dunne, Gavin Moynihan, Cormac Sharvin and Jack Hume. I don't think many would have predicted that he would be the only one with a full European Tour card at this stage of their careers.

Hopefully he can finish the job off over the next 2 days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Whatever happened to Hume, so much early expectations

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Turned pro, didn’t last long, gave the game up and at one point this year he was on Paul Dunne’s bag

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Really is a shame to see the contrast between those GB&I and US teams in terms of going on to make a career from the game. Bryson obviously made the big time in terms of money but I think that most of the (younger) guys on the US team are floating around the Korn Ferry or PGA despite being household names.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Bogey on the 18th for Hurley yesterday slips him back to 16th position. Nervy day for him now.

2 under through 9, might need another one on the way in to make sure.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Hurley finished joint 13th position on -18. Murphy join 23rd on -17. Both get their tour cards. Well done!

https://www.the42.ie/gary-hurley-john-murphy-q-school-golf-5921522-Nov2022/

Great to get their cards but it doesn't guarantee anything and they're going to have to scramble around to get into events.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,505 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Great leap for 2 lads who were looking at challenge tour next season. Plenty of opportunities to kick on with a solid year. Will easily get into 20 plus events.

Still not a word on RTE app, if McIlroy was having a cut off Greg Norman they'd have an article up for the clicks instantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

Excuse my ignorance here but what does having a tour card entitle you to? I thought it would get you into x amount of tournaments?

Advertisement