Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan Athlumney area

• 15-04-2018 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

We are looking at moving to Athlumney and eyeing a few houses in the area. We had a drive around and it seems lovely but that obviously doesn't reveal much.

I'd love to get some general advice regarding what to expect, anything to look out for, what the schools are like, the usual traffic, the commute to Dublin city centre, or anything really that yous can think of. The newest conversation I found about this is 10 years old so a bit of up-to-date info would be nice. :)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Athlumney would be considered the "Posh" side of town, depending on how close you are to Johnstown.

My missus is from the older part and its fairly quiet, had some issues with Teenagers and some theft but its died down recently.

The road into town on a weekday morning is a no-go as the road runs passed the Girls secondary school Loretto.

What estate were you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dynasoar

Thanks for taking the time to reply. We looked at Athlumney Castle, Abbey and Wood, and that bit north from the Applegreen station.
    Traffic into Navan town hopefully won't be much trouble as it's Dublin city centre I'd need to commute into.

Any word about primary schools? Ard Ri seems to have a good reputation. How about the Educate Together on the Commons Rd, or St. Stephens in Johnstown?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I cant speak from experience but I've heard of crowding issues in St Stephens.

I wouldn't know much about the Educate Together and Ard Ri.

There are a few other primary schools in the area also (St. Pauls, St Annes, Scoil Eanna) but they have some pretty long wait lists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭horse7

Looking at houses here, is there any problems with teenagers or crime in the area now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Also looking at this area so interested in this question.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Hadn't been down that way in a couple of years, pre-Covid really. Some lovely new houses around there since I was last there, and they look well finished compared with a lot of the estates in Johnstown. Might be the Kenstown Road I was on but lots of nice houses - both old and new - along there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭Fiona

I moved to Athlumey Abbey 6 months ago I love it beautiful estate, very quiet no issues so far, all the people on the road are lovely and Supervalue is close by for the bits and pieces

No kids so can't comment on the schools it wasn't ever going to be an issue for us.

NX bus is good but €16 return a day to Dublin a bit saucy!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

A single with leap card is 5.60 from Supervalue stop.

Advertisement