Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moto GP 2022 Season

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

After the awful news of Chris Rouse being killed at Donnington last week, it's been announced that Victor Steeman has succumbed to the injuries he sustained in the SBK Supersport crash on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Was there for the Victor crash. Knew it wasn't good.

5 of his organs have been donated. What a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Don't think there will be much excitement with the races tonight. Moto 3 of course will have some bunch shenanigans but i think on the whole the races will be a bit more of a procession, no one seems amped up or anything, peculiar for Phillip Island imho

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Delighted to be utterly, utterly wrong about the racing, incredible stuff in all three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

Incredible race, not seen anything like it in years and delighted at the result

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Just caught up with the racing...a brilliant Motogp race, great entertainment....

No Spoilers !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭geotrig

fantastic race ,great battles best in a while !

Some great racing this weekend (and not had a chance to watch Moto2 & 3 yet). Delighted for Bradley Ray to take the BSB title.

Marc's 100th podium from just 152 starts in the premier class, a phenomenal stat!!

I know Franco has a contract for next year (for some reason he is out of sync with other contracts) but with only a single Top10 finish this year I wouldn't be surprised if Yamaha demote him during the winter. They must be thinking Cal, who's beaten Franco in 3 out of 4 races so far, would be a better option? Not sure where they'd demote him to? Yamaha have no satellite team next year.

With so many capable race winners, it's shaping up to be a cracking season next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

What happened Franco? Is it all down to his knee injury? He was looking like one of the shining talents of the future.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

His knee, moving to a new team, a new crew chief, a new bike.... lots of changes for him but this season he has averaged a second per lap slower than Quartararo on race day and on the same bike. That's just not good enough.

He certainly has the talent, he's shown it. He was a contender for the championship two years ago and finished the season 2nd with 3 wins and 2 poles under his belt.

He's in contract until the end of '23 and Jarvis has said his contract is safe, but I just can't see him being kept myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

What are you guys using for getting race start times

I'm constantly googling start times , found Moto GP there but can't find WSB times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Three more brilliant races. Definitely need santa to get me a videopass for next year at this rate..

Spoiler ahead (can't see how to hide the comment)

Great result for McFee. No ride/job for next year that I know of. Shame - always rated him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Spoilers :

What a race weekend!

Delighted for John Mc Phee, he was 5th going into the last sequence of corners !

It was later revealed that Michael Laverty (personal manager ) and Sylvan GuintoilI had to convince John Mc Phee not to quit racing on Saturday after he had lost all confidence in his riding (5 brake failures over the weekend not helping ).

Michael later revealed that Johns race engineer had ignored all of John's bike change requests all season long - same race engineer who was / is fired after the Toby Amos Booth incident.

Mc Phee stock will have jumped significantly after this weekend.

Moto 2 - last lap drama , would it have been better to take the 20 points than to throw it all away for a win......,Valencia will be a nail biter !.

Moto GP - thought the Beast was going to make a last lap move on Pecco - Great ride for Fabio but the odds are stacked against him in Valencia.

Frankie finally showing some kind of form but a little late to help Fabio.

Quartararo 1st in FP1, Pecco all the way down in 17th. Could be a nail biter on Sunday.

Some amount of crashes this morning

I could listen to Michael Laverty all day such interesting commentary

Roll on next year!. Enjoyed this season..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I’m mixed on the title win. I was always a Pecco fan but I was really disappointed to hear about his drink driving incident. In a way I was hoping he would have to wait another year. He is such a great rider though.

I’m gutted for Quartararo. He rode a much slower bike so well all year. I’d love to see a great fight between them next year on closer matched machinery.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Yeah also interesting to see what marquez will bring. I'm no big fan but I admire the amount of fight in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Really looking forward to Bastianini on the Ducati.

I'm a neutral as far as 63 and 20 are concerned. For me Rins 1 and Binder 2 was a delight. Class start for Rins, class end for Binder. Good results for Olivera and Mir too. Sorry for Aleix.

Looking forward to the new tracks in Finland and Kazakhstan (assuming Putin's antics don't interfere).

+1. I've said this many times too. With his tech knowledge and Neil's strategy expertise they make a great team.

Really looking forward to next year. BTW, testing is live on BT Sport all day tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Yamaha have taken on Suzuki's R&D engineer Tom o Kane, hopefully he'll get some improvement on the bike

Such a clickbait type title, but anyway some news on sprint race regs for next year

https://www.gpone.com/en/2022/11/12/motogp/sealed-leathers-smaller-fuel-tanks-and-higher-spoons-changes-for-2023.html

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement