Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I ran into this issue as well back when it released. You should be able to go into your local save games and delete them from there, they show up as their own separate save games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've Yakuza Like a Dragon ready to go. The trailer on the store made me install it, it looks crazy fun and I've been meaning to give it a go for a while. The combat is what will test me, I'm not a fan of turn based so this will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Started Trials of Mana over the weekend. Really enjoying it. Not particularly challenging but it looks gorgeous, the combat system is fun and the story is pretty engaging so far. A pretty relaxing game to wile away a few hours at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Damien360

Playing Returnal and the controls are fantastic but my god it is rage inducing for me. I switched to the vanishing of Ethan Carter but it gave me motion sickness. Deleted that. Finally settled on replaying Last of Us part 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm playing the Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island expansion.

Ghost of Tsushima is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Back to playing Days Gone, after a couple of months of not playing anything. I know it has its (many) critics but I'm really enjoying it and will finish it out this time. Then likewise with Ghosts of Tsushima and then, if I'm back in the groove, finally pick up HFW, maybe even Elden Ring...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Started playing Metro Exodus last week, went back to it today and it's finally drawn me in , really good game , can't understand how it was so cheap on the store for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Finally got around to trying Returnal. It really didn’t look like my type of game but I was absolutely hooked on it for the last two days, just couldn’t put it down and always wanted to do one more cycle each time I died.

The thing is, I’m not very good at it, and I’ve only gotten as far as the second biome so I’m not certain that I’ll go back to it but it really is a stunning game. The combat is so satisfying and the Dualsense features are incredible, I’ve yet to try it with headphones and 3D audio so I haven’t even had the full experience yet.

I’ve never played anything like it before, where the difficulty is an actual game mechanic and the more patient and inquisitive you are, the easier it gets (to an extent).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, Returnal really shows off the features of the PS5 well, especially the DualSense. Re: the runs, I was having a hard time initially, gave it a break, came back after a couple of months and finished a run on the first go. Managed it once since, but it changes somewhat between runs. I'm still ages away from the "end" I'd imagine, but I'll keep slogging away at intervals. I find it hard to use anything but the carbine to get far.

I loved Returnal, but I was just nowhere near skilled enough to play it. I got to the first boss and got its first health bar, then it killed me soon after. When I realised I would have to spend another 30 mins grinding for upgrades just to take it on again I had to stop.

I hate to sound like that guy but I wish it had an easy mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Played Deliver Us The Moon, the weekend, enjoyed it for what it was, playing A Plague Tale at the min

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Mass Effect Andromeda.

Yep it's not great. I was doing some side missions on one of the early game planets. One of the side missions expects me to do 3 Remnant glyph puzzles which are the most boring and infuriating thing in the game.

Also one of the other side missions where I had to go into a Kett base felt like something out of Destiny and had no checkpoints so I got killed about 3 times out of frustration at all the waves of enemies and just wanting to get the frigging thing over with. Anyway the side mission content is repetitive and not very good so I think I'll stick to the main campaign from now on, just finish that and get the game out of the way ASAP.

There was a major drop in quality in everything in this compared with Mass Effect 3.

Post edited by quinnd6 on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Bought Resident Evil 2 Remake for €9.99 and liked it so much I bought 3, then the 0 and 1 combo (I have RE4 on Quest and played RE5 and 7 previously).

I played Resident Evil 1 on the old PSOne so I know the story and just want to replay it with the new graphics.

So should I start with 0, then go 1, 2 3 to get the story in the right order?

I've only played around an hour of 2 so I can put that on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Damien360

Playing and loving “Inside”. 2D puzzle free on my mid subscription. Don’t know how I missed this on PS4 but despite its simplicity, it is a beautiful game.

RE0 works better when played after REmake IMO.

in terms of the story? Does RE0 not have a story that ends where RE1 begins?

Bear in mind I have played RE1 about 4 years ago on the PS Classic, so at least I do know the story.. well what I remember!

For a start there are quite a few story additions from the OG RE to REmake, including one very big one, so having played RE before is not really a factor. In RE0 there are some story beats that won't really land properly unless you have played REmake first. Don't get me wrong it will work perfectly fine but it was designed assuming the player had played REmake first.

it was designed assuming the player had played REmake first

A fair enough, REmake it is then... RE2 is still fresh in my mind so I'll try to get through the first 2 quickly so I can get back into RE2 as I was enjoying that 😁

So I'm struggling to get through REmake... not because it's particularly hard, but it's the damn save room music that just knocks me to sleep almost instantly. Going to need to dose up on caffeine every time I need to save ... that or play earlier in the day and not 11pm!

Brahms Lullaby eat your heart out

Even now that music makes me relaxed and tense at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I finished CyberPunk 2077 last night. 40 hours of play. I loved it. Great game, great story, visuals...

Some side missions were a bit weak and the game time is much shorter than I was expecting after Witcher 3.

A great game in 2022 for €25. I didn't play it at launch but I would definitely recommend it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I must be playing Cyberpunk wrong because I’m over 70 hours in and still only in act 2 (I think). I have done a lot of gigs and side jobs though, in fairness.

Went back to it yesterday after a few weeks away and I’m starting to lose interest, but I’m in too deep to quit now. The curse of being a completionist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I did most of the meaty side quests. I blasted through the main story to the point of no return and then went back to side missions. It was getting a little boring so I finished off night before last. Last night I redid the last mission differently to try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 the_covey

You'll want to play Code Veronica in-between 2 and 3. An understated gem on the Dreamcast and is available on the PS Store for peanuts (at time of posting)

Code Veronica takes place a good bit after RE3, def would not advise playing it inbetween those games, even more so as they take place at the same time.

seems to be €14.99?

I was looking at it when it was €4.49 last week but thought it didn't look great graphically.. might wait for the remaster

EDIT: Actually I think I have it on Epic or Steam as a freebie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Has anyone played TLOU upgrade yet? Want to play it but not gonna drop 50 quid on something I've already cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 the_covey

It's a decent-looking game. Better than most released at that time. It's extremely unlikely to get a remake so you'll have to play that version. Not worth 14.99 though.

Yea I bought it at full price because I love the game and wanted the best version of it. I would say it is worth 50 quid if you are a fan and replay it every few years like me and want to own the best version. If not then just wait for it to show up on PS Plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 HeatherSan

Valhalla and Horizont

Advertisement