Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut Shops - Cashback with In-App Purchases - 3% with Amazon + other retailers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Yeh as above it’s not rewards . Go into the section that shows you icons for everything , scroll down to lifestyle and you will see shops. You can long press on that icon and pin to the front menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭migrant

Are you sure that it was actually Revolut who responded? "the one's" seems like the sort of English that you'd get from some scammers without much knowledge of English.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

Just done this buying something on Amazon.

Opened Revolut, activated shops, directed to the Amazon app on my phone, then bought the product via the website on my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Seems like they only track a browser open link then have a list of "store" IDs that they'll match against on payout.

So if your local Curry's uses a different store name to the online store it won't work. If they use a generic name across all stores, including online, it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Can you use different Amazon, ie .DE or .FR

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

I had no luck with Revolut chat getting the cashback for the M&M Direct order. They kept passing me from agent to agent and having to re-explain the issue, show screenshots, etc., so even going through the App and shopping within its browser, they may not honor the cashback for some shops. The following is how I access the shops section, having already explained this to their agents (3 agents I spoke to were not aware of this separate Shops section either).

With Amazon, the 3% cashback worked fine. I started by adding items to the basket, the recent £5 off £15 and a voucher on my PC and completing the checkout process via Amazon in the Revolut App.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

Does this need to by activated shop by shop? Cannot be done in one go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Just used it for Sports Direct. Used the link from the app. Paid at the checkout as normal and by the time I checked the app, the refund was already back in my account. So can't complain about that

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It needs to be activated for every transaction.

Tried it successfully in Marks and Spencer’s and Smyth’s in store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

I Dont seem to have a "shop" category under lifestyle. All the other labels are there. Is this with a free "standard" level account

Yeh you need to update the app. I was the same. On iOS I had to uninstall it and reinstall to get the latest one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Do you mind sharing what you done in store as I’ve a few things to get in Ken Blacks and that’s on the list . Cheers

Yeh , go to smyths, before you to pay , open the deal in the revolut app , Let it redirect to the website. Then just pay in store with revolut.

ives used it in

smyths

newbridge silver

easons

marks and spencers

Super thank you so much. I’ve a few things to get in Smyths online and Ken Blacks in Store so that’s great. Thanks

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

It likely only works if instore transactions use exactly the same name as online transactions. For instance, Dunnes instore transactions use the name of the store location so that probably won't work. (Haven't tried myself yet to confirm for definite).

So do a test transaction in Smyths/Ken Blacks first before assuming it will work there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

Amazon worked for me straight away, smiths did not work but I think that was due to order not going through on the same day

Followed Optimus Prime’s instructions today while in Ken Blacks and it worked perfectly . Got the cash back before I had even left the store so can confirm it works in store with Ken Blacks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Worked in Harvey Norman as well today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Bought printer ink from 123ink via the Revolut app and didn't receive cashback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Pete123456

Worked instantly for a Sonos purchase last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

It just worked for me in store in Boots after activating the offer and then tapping the phone to pay. Glad to get something back on my prescription charges 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Noticed that with an Amazon refund they didn't take the 3% cashback back.

But had two refunds with Next and Zalando - both took away the 3% cashback when the refund was processed onto my Revolut account.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

You got lucky with Amazon as I cancelled an order today and cashback got revoked right away

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

I was wondering how that would work.

I ordered 3 items from Next and returned 2. I got refunded the full amount for both items yesterday - the cashback remained.

Wasn't a cancelled order but a faulty item return days after payment and delivery.

Both Next and Zalando were single item orders and returns, so perhaps that was why. Might have remained if a partial refund on an order.

So buy the most expensive item you can find on Amazon , wait for the 3%, then cancel it. Repeat. Haha

Im going to test paying in a shop with revolut that is doing the offer , but without starting it through the app next first. Just to see if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Anyone successful do the cashback iin dunnes stores by logging in to website on Revolut app then paying in store?

Nice little boost on weekly shop along witb vouchers if it works

• Advertisement

It was a joke. Relax. See the haha on end ? I wouldn’t be bothered ever doing that.

Advertisement